PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack

tiny
11-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Fun arena but cold.

Met Petro's proud grandpa at the hotel grandma after game, Pufhal's family, RNH mom, dad, and brother, Froese family, Cowan's family, Kudrna's former billet, and a family of fans just returning from Vanc. Great to have so many family and friends there to support the Rebs.

In the first Grayson laid a big hit, I believe it was Traber that stepped in and got a few in before Grayson decked him with one big one.
Deagle picked off the puck at the blue line passed to Dumba who deked to go outside the dman, cut inside and fired to the top corner. Later on a PK 5 on 3 Sundher got a clear break-a-way but Darcy played it well.
The second RD goal came off a terrific effort by Kambietz to hustle in on dump in to the end boards. He retrieved the puck and dumped it out front where Ness put it away.
The third came off a great feed from Elson to Ferguson who tipped it in from the opposite side of the crease.
Chilliwack replied on a 4 on 4 shot from the right side that rebounded off the D to the left side and Manning had a wide open net. At the 10 min mark SOG were RD 11 C 4.
Chilliwack got closer on a PP later with another goal by Manning quite similar to the first one (rebound to opposite side. Chilliwack has a PP that is very similar to ours. Shot RD 16 C11 after one.
RD scored again when Froese made a great effort to keep the puck in at the blue line, passed to Elson, quick pass to Ferguson who fired it home. Midpoint of the second shots RD 22 C 14 Back and forth for the rest of the period with Kuemper making a couple of nice stops on just 3 shots in the tem min. Shots after 2 RD 26 C 17
In the third, a back pass behind our net, miss communication and Chill intercepted and now 4-3 Rebs. Back and forth PP in the first half of the third kept it very interesting. Petro`s penalty with 1:22 left made it 6 on 4 and we got two shots at the empty net; one missed and one was stopped by a D man. 4-3 win
Stars 1 Ferguson who had a really gutsy game 2 Manning for the second night in a row 3 Froese with the really solid two way play we have come to expect.
Forgot to mention that if what I think I saw was true, there may be a review of a blind side shot to the head of Persson going to the league for review.
After the game we were able to talk to several of the tired but happy Rebs, who have confirmed that we can compete with any team in the WHL.
Great effort by the Rebs for the entire trip, enjoyable hotels and meals, terrific company, weather that was so good it was hard to believe, and met some gracious hosts. Even saw a wolf near Lake Louise on the way back. Thank you all.

SectionNDeserter
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Forgot to mention that if what I think I saw was true, there may be a review of a blind side shot to the head of Persson going to the league for review.I know they have adopted this rule at the NHL level, but I haven't heard anything about what they have done in the WHL/CHL. Anyone know?