PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wall to Practice with Kelowna Rockets

eecliff
05-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Mike Wall to Practice with Kelowna Rockets
Created: May 16, 2005

CALGARY, AB - Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League today announced that the Kelowna Rockets have been granted permission to have Everett Silvertips Goaltender Mike Wall practice with the team during their preparations for the 2005 MasterCard Memorial Cup.

Subject to CHL approval, Wall may also be added to the Kelowna Rockets roster for the 2005 MasterCard Memorial Cup as an emergency back-up goaltender due to the possible season ending injury suffered by Rockets goaltender Derek Yeomans. Yeomans was injured in Game 1 of the 2005 WHL Championship series against the Brandon Wheat Kings and did not play in the remainder of the series.

WHL regulations permit the addition of goaltenders from another WHL club’s protected list on an emergency replacement basis only. If the CHL grants approval, Wall will serve as Kelowna’s back-up goaltender at the Memorial Cup but will not be permitted to play unless an injury occurs to current starting goaltender Kristofer Westblom.

The MasterCard Memorial Cup begins Saturday, May 21, in London, Ontario.

mccabe23
05-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Welcome Mike! :wave:

kelownakarl
05-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Yes welcome aboard, going to be a great experience.

Chipper
05-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Is he from the Kelowna area?

J23
05-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Welcome Mike, happy to have ya! :clap:

J23
05-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Is he from the Kelowna area?
According to the Silvertips website, he's from Telkwa, BC (that's by Smithers by the way). :)

Brandon Wheatkings
05-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Will Mike get a Mem.cup ring if Kelowna wins?Does he get credit or does he have to play in a game?

tazndevil
05-17-2005, 03:06 PM
I have been reading this for a while, and I was wondering how all this happened.

Was it Everett's choice? Wall's? WHL's?

Hopefully you guys can bring the Cup back without having to use him (since he is only an emergency goalie)

Anyone with info on my questions please respond.

Taz

Jovorock
05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Tips GM offered Wall to Kelowna, then Doug Soetart called Wall's mother and she got ahold of him. Mike was in Smithers with his girlfriend, got the call and said yes right away.

In the courier today they wanted Wall because he wouldn't rock the boat in the dressing room. It said he was a real good guy and would fit right in.

Kristi
05-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Wow you are all knowing! :) Hee hee!

Have fun at the rally! I'll be there in spirit!

Tips GM offered Wall to Kelowna, then Doug Soetart called Wall's mother and she got ahold of him. Mike was in Smithers with his girlfriend, got the call and said yes right away.

In the courier today they wanted Wall because he wouldn't rock the boat in the dressing room. It said he was a real good guy and would fit right in.

IamBatman
05-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Has anyone heard if the CHL has approved Wall to go to London yet?

Kristi
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
They haven't yet. He was going to be at the Memorial Cup anyway so even if he doesn't get approval he'll still be around. He is the WHL winner for the Canada Post Cup and he will be receiving his award at the CHL awards luncheon.

Has anyone heard if the CHL has approved Wall to go to London yet?

IamBatman
05-18-2005, 11:20 AM
They haven't yet. He was going to be at the Memorial Cup anyway so even if he doesn't get approval he'll still be around. He is the WHL winner for the Canada Post Cup and he will be receiving his award at the CHL awards luncheon.

Cool, I didn't know that. I guess that is why the Rockets asked Wall to play as he would be there anyway.

Scout
05-18-2005, 11:59 AM
I think Robison has cleared the way for Wall to play. I don't know where i read it but it was via e-mail and i can't find who the source was.

Scout

IamBatman
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I think Robison has cleared the way for Wall to play. I don't know where i read it but it was via e-mail and i can't find who the source was.

Scout
I think the commisioners of the OHL and the QMJHL have give the final OK to the Rockets to be permitted to use Wall as a backup.