PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Acquire Goaltender

Shinyshoes
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
The Rebels announced today that they have traded 18 year old Lane Scheidl to Regina in exchange for 18 year old Goaltender Dawson Guhle.

Also, The Rebels re-assigned Bolton Pouliot to the Calgary Royals Midget AAA team.

I guess Pouliott proved he wasnt quite ready for the bigtime, but showed enough for the Rebels to hold on to him for future years.

SectionN: you got your wish.

rdreb
11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
What info do we have on the new kid

SectionNDeserter
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I have never seen him play before, but from his stats it looks like he played 29 games last season, and had an ok save percentage, given the quality of scoring chances he probably faced on that Regina team. Looks like he has only had 1 or 2 starts this season so far, and didn't fare too well in them. He is a smaller goalie, like Barnstable.

I guess this was the time to do it, with Muller's return just around the corner, and youngsters Mayor and Ness starting to turn it up, Scheidl had to put up a lot more numbers to stay ahead of these kids.

Rebelsfan13
11-16-2010, 08:37 AM
I agree with all comments already made! Scheidl had the potential to be a top 6 forward but didn't seize the opportunity and with others surpassing him he was expendable. Regina had three goalies on their roster this year and Guhle seemed to be the odd man out so far. I think he will be an excellent addition in Red Deer and will provide some insurance in case we need it. He is also now the leading candidate for the #1 job next year.

witness
11-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Guhle has potential. A very athletic goaltender. Lost his confidence here in Regina. On many nights was left out to dry by his team.

He showed a lot of improvement last year working with a goaltending coach (for the first time in his career). Could be a good pick up for Red Deer.

patsdude114
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Here is a game sheet of Guhle playing the Calgary Hitmen last season on Dec 18th where the Hitmen fired 50 shots on Guhle. The Hitmen didn score there 2nd goal until 2:57 left in the 3rd period & then scored again with 1:07 left in 3rd to get there 3-1 W

http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/1635

Guhle has all the tools just gets no help from our terrible defensive scheme that stupid arse Hunt likes to play.