PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for the coming weeks

whlking
11-15-2010, 11:17 PM
A few things that I think we will see in the coming weeks. No rumours, just pure speculation backed by logic.

-I think unlike most years, we are going to see the majority of the "big" trades happen by the end of November, as opposed to the accustomed January trading deadline. I believe Brayden Schenn will the tip of the iceberg.Farwell(GM of the T-Birds) has stated emphatically this year that he wants his club to be serious contenders, and with a stud goaltender, who can blame him? Obvious candidates of course will be Saskatoon, Portland, Kootenay and Tri. I expect Seattle to throw the biggest package together because Farwell owes it to his fans and Chet to give this a year a serious shot even withstanding the "Portland effect".Once Schenn gets returned, which one would have to think will be in the coming days, expect Farwell to step up an offer up their 1st round pick this coming may, the '11 3rd and probably a 2nd in '12 along with roster player defenceman Dave Sutter along with a mid level prospect. For those saying his return won't be near Hamonic's, that is utter non sense. I'm sorry, but Schenn and Hamonic do not compare, and his increased trade value will show.

-The domino's effect will begin to trickle down, as Portland will view the T-Bird trade as a sign to make a move of their own. That player would be Carter Ashton. Ashton's trade value won't be near Schenn's obviously, but I expect Portland's 1st(will be a late one), plus a prospect.

To cap off this thought, I'll say this. Mark my word, by November 30th, Carter Ashton will be dawning different colors as will Schenn assuming LA indeed does return him.

Johnny Table
11-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Seattle GM says they want to be contenders ? Buddy you really have no clue. NEXT YEAR WOULD BE SEATTLES YEAR. Why the hell would Brandon want another 4man ? They will only lose ONE in Bestland after this year. Schenn is not going anywhere. SomeBrandon fans seem to think he will but this team could have 2 powerfull lines when he returns. You really need to stop with your stupid posts. YOU ARE A CLASSIC LEAF FAN AND I BELIEVE EVEN PIRATE BTW IS HOCKEY SPY ON HERE AND STEVEN ARE NOT THIS STUPID.

whlking
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM
The reason people believe(know) he will be gone is because their have been reports that once the re-assignment is made, he will immediately act upon his trade request.

Don't underestimate the value of having a HOT goaltender. Who wants to play Seattle in the playoffs? No one. Add Schenn to the mix, watch out.

chalk_one_up
11-15-2010, 11:39 PM
The reason people believe(know) he will be gone is because their have been reports that once the re-assignment is made, he will immediately act upon his trade request.

Don't underestimate the value of having a HOT goaltender. Who wants to play Seattle in the playoffs? No one. Add Schenn to the mix, watch out.

http://www.hackerstickers.com/images/sticker-roflcopter-big.png

And again, all these Schenn trade demand rumors are probably just fabrications made up by people who are in favor for the dramatic. It is the internet and unless you heard it from McCrimmon, Mr. & Mrs. Schenn or Brayden himself, I wouldn't buy too much into it.

Do I think Brandon is better off from the return a Schenn would bring, yes, but let's see how things unfold before we crown a team that hasn't been relevant since 1996 a contender.

Rye
11-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Actually Brayden has told a few of his buddies here in Saskatoon, he doesn't want to be in Brandon. You don't have to believe me but it's just what I've heard from his friends.

Allin44
11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Actually Brayden has told a few of his buddies here in Saskatoon, he doesn't want to be in Brandon. You don't have to believe me but it's just what I've heard from his friends.

If you were living/sometimes playing/making 900K a year in LA would you want to live in Brandon?

chalk_one_up
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM

Now there's a true professional :rolleyes:

BigCat20
11-16-2010, 11:59 AM
"their 1st round pick this coming may, the '11 3rd and probably a 2nd in '12 along with roster player defenceman Dave Sutter along with a mid level prospect." - WHLKING

Overvaluing Schenn worth abit, esp for 30 games or so & playoffs. Setoguchi has similar #'s(few less assists, didnt play with as skilled wingers like glennie & Calvert) only got 15 yr old Elliot & 1st rounder.

I think a 1st & 2nd rounders and prospect would suffice. WK overpaid for Hamonic cuz they needed him with the below average goalies they had. They could have offered less for a goalie & had a much better result.

I was hoping you were gonna bring in the Blades (morrison, sutter & picks), Kamloops (ranford & caron), Calgary (beach, bubnick, wilson or mackenzie) & Everett (maxwell & ferraro) for the big 6 team trade! LOL

Johnny Table
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
No kidding.AND SUTTER IS A EURO. You really have no clue do you WHLQUEEN

witness
11-16-2010, 03:11 PM
AND SUTTER IS A EURO. You really have no clue do you WHLQUEEN

That is a little harsh. Dave Sutter is from Monthey, Switzerland. And maybe more valuable to a rebuilding process. Is he not 18?

There is talk that LA will keep Schenn until the World Junior camp and then will assign him to junior after the tournament. If this is the case, Brandon will only have him in uniform for about 25 games. Will that be enough to salvage the season? And will he be the only factor that will put Brandon in the same class as Saskatoon or Portland? I would say no.