PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for the coming weeks

whlking
11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
A few things that I think we will see in the coming weeks. No rumours, just pure speculation backed by logic.

-I think unlike most years, we are going to see the majority of the "big" trades happen by the end of November, as opposed to the accustomed January trading deadline. I believe Brayden Schenn will the tip of the iceberg.Farwell(GM of the T-Birds) has stated emphatically this year that he wants his club to be serious contenders, and with a stud goaltender, who can blame him? Obvious candidates of course will be Saskatoon, Portland, Kootenay and Tri. I expect Seattle to throw the biggest package together because Farwell owes it to his fans and Chet to give this a year a serious shot even withstanding the "Portland effect".Once Schenn gets returned, which one would have to think will be in the coming days, expect Farwell to step up an offer up their 1st round pick this coming may, the '11 3rd and probably a 2nd in '12 along with roster player defenceman Dave Sutter along with a mid level prospect. For those saying his return won't be near Hamonic's, that is utter non sense. I'm sorry, but Schenn and Hamonic do not compare, and his increased trade value will show.

-The domino's effect will begin to trickle down, as Portland will view the T-Bird trade as a sign to make a move of their own. That player would be Carter Ashton. Ashton's trade value won't be near Schenn's obviously, but I expect Portland's 1st(will be a late one), plus a prospect.

To cap off this thought, I'll say this. Mark my word, by November 30th, Carter Ashton will be dawning different colors as will Schenn assuming LA indeed does return him.