PDA

View Full Version : Time left in PA?

Trey Anastasio
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
As a long time Raider fan this pains me, but the way this team is operated the writing has to be on the wall.

When I see a team like Portland walk in (last in 07-08; second last in 08-09) and stomp us like that, while we are still the same mediocre team we've been for years, it's beyond frustrating.

They were able to turn it around, as are so many other teams out there yet PA never does anything. Even the perennial losers the Blades have been able to turn it around and be competitive.

And at the games, why is it that every stoppage has to be a way to re-coup some of the lost money? Whats wrong with playing a few tunes the entire break to pump the crowd up. It's beyond pathetic.

I love this team, but with them losing over $100,000 last year - this can't last forever. Increased ticket prices, fewer crowds, advertising forced on everybody every whistle, and year after year of the same garbage will drive this team out of here.

chalk_one_up
11-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Portland had something of 8 or 9 players drafted last spring. By looking at the current draft rankings, it appears that they will have another big year.

WESTERN HOCKEY LEAGUE
RANK PLAYER TEAM POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT
1 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Red Deer C 6-foot-1/2 170
2 Sven Baertschi Portland LW 5-foot-10 1/2 175
3 Ty Rattie Portland RW 5-foot-11 170
4 David Musil Vancouver D 6-foot-3 1/2 200
5 Joe Morrow Portland D 6-foot-1/2 196
6 Mark McNiell Prince Albert C 6-foot-1 204
7 Myles Bell Regina D 6-foot 209
8 Duncan Siemens Saskatoon D 6-foot-3 1/2 197
9 Tyler Wotherspoon Portland D 6-foot-1 1/2 200
10 Colin Jacobs Seattle C 6-foot-1 205

Obviously Portland has figured it out, when it P.A. going to?

Dwight Schrute
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
i feel the sooner bruno is gone the better. there are plenty of people that could take the reigns. firing him will appease many. more and more the bruno appologists are changing their minds. it saddens me to see the board of directors hand the keys to bruno and watch him drive the team out of the city

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Just checking on former Raider draft pick Brendan Persley. Bruno showed him ... yup he taught him a lesson and traded him for a 13th rounder to Chilliwack. Yup Brendan is doing just fine thank you.

2010-11 Regular Season Chilliwack Bruins 17 5 2 7 PIM 32

And he likes to drop them. But hey, we don't need young 6ft 200 lb players. We don't need character players, we don't need players that want to play. Another one that Bruno handled so well.

Dwight Schrute
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
I think Bruno got his scouting report mixed up between Persley and Balson. Because Persley is exactly what Bruno was saying Balson was going to be.

LOL

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 08:28 PM
LOL

Does anyone realize how hard a forward has to work to play 16 games and have no points? You really have to work your ass off to stay out of the way of something bouncing in off you, or gawd forbid a puck ricochets off your skate blade and two players later there's a goal and you're credited with an assist! And whats worse, occasionally the coach even throws you a bone and anoints you to be on the PP, therefore making the BIG ZERO challenge even harder! Yikes! In fact I think its virtually impossible, unless of course you're totally unengaged in the game and know that the coach is so enamoured of you that no matter how bad you are ...... you have the IMMUNITY IDOL!

SectionNDeserter
11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Looks like he let his guard down and accidentally scored and got an assist tonight....

Dwight Schrute
11-19-2010, 11:54 PM
haha. young had the kids out every chance he had. Every PP in the the 3rd and they were the ones double shifting at the end not the vets. What a difference
the whole team responded. 4 ppg. hope to see 2 more wins this trip !!!

Raider Believer
11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
the whole team responded. 4 ppg. hope to see 2 more wins this trip !!!

This is what we've been waiting for! :clap: Loved it!

chalk_one_up
11-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Funny how the difference was a lack of Campese behind the bench.

jnofish1
11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
if balson would learn to one time it more or have a faster release his stats im sure wouldnt look as bad!!! frick how many times did paslawski put it on his tape .the one faster of his release finally ended up in the back of the net.wich i hope is the start of confidence building for him.if they keep him with paslawski he will have no choice but to skate his ass off to keep up!!!

WestLEAFfan
11-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Funny how the difference was a lack of Campese behind the bench.

This song and dance is getting old...drop it already, we know you don't like Bruno.

Dwight Schrute
11-20-2010, 01:11 PM
The problem is Paslawski is just up for the road trip.

well if he plays well enough ....... maybe he will stick, especially with reed walking away

Raider Believer
11-20-2010, 01:20 PM
This song and dance is getting old...drop it already, we know you don't like Bruno.

The majority of us are not big fans of Bruno anymore. Would you like us all to "drop it". The only song and dance is called the Bruno shuffle. Or maybe you're gonna teach him the two step. Get your head out of the sand. Don't expect to hear from you for a while cause you're probably on the bus about now!

tuffguy
11-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Bruno basher, Bruno basher......I am reporting you all to the internet police to get you off of here. You can't talk that way and be a fan of the team.........wow, times change huh?

WestLEAFfan
11-20-2010, 01:42 PM
The majority of us are not big fans of Bruno anymore. Would you like us all to "drop it". The only song and dance is called the Bruno shuffle. Or maybe you're gonna teach him the two step. Get your head out of the sand. Don't expect to hear from you for a while cause you're probably on the bus about now!

No, I'm right here watching, reading, and wondering why a few of you posters choose to embarrass yourselves on a regular basis. For heaven's sake, it's just a game and fans like you you give us all a bad name. They're just kids and Bruno is human. Do you honestly believe that the kids and Bruno are choosing to lose? If you do, well.....quit telling everyone about it, we know, we know.

Raider Believer
11-20-2010, 01:54 PM
No, I'm right here watching, reading, and wondering why a few of you posters choose to embarrass yourselves on a regular basis. For heaven's sake, it's just a game and fans like you you give us all a bad name. They're just kids and Bruno is human. Do you honestly believe that the kids and Bruno are choosing to lose? If you do, well.....quit telling everyone about it, we know, we know.

WestLEAFfan, firstly its embarrassing to even be a Leaf fan, let alone advertise it buddy. But then they're losers too right? Interesting that you joined this forum exactly 60 days before Campese was hired here in PA. Did Bruno have to give 60 days notice in Penticton?
And of course the players aren't choosing to lose, they just don't have the best opportunities to win with Bruno as coach, and you know it. And Bruno doesn't choose to lose either, but his extreme arrogance and horrific temper get in the way of being a winner.
Tuffguy, good to see you back. And ya, a lot has changed, I'm no longer a Campese supporter. You were right!

WestLEAFfan
11-20-2010, 02:02 PM
WestLEAFfan, firstly its embarrassing to even be a Leaf fan, let alone advertise it buddy. But then they're losers too right? Interesting that you joined this forum exactly 60 days before Campese was hired here in PA. Did Bruno have to give 60 days notice in Penticton?
And of course the players aren't choosing to lose, they just don't have the best opportunities to win with Bruno as coach, and you know it. And Bruno doesn't choose to lose either, but his extreme arrogance and horrific temper get in the way of being a winner.
Tuffguy, good to see you back. And ya, a lot has changed, I'm no longer a Campese supporter. You were right!

:haha: You sure know your stuff!

:confused: You've solved the mystery! Well done Sherlock! Any other epiphanies to share? Perhaps you have solved the mysteries of string theory?

:) I've said my piece, I'm out. Oh, and by the way GO LEAFS GO!!!

Raider Believer
11-20-2010, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=WestLEAFfan;158453]:haha: You sure know your stuff!

I'm sure hoping that this rolling head is Campese's! LMAO

WestLEAFfan
11-20-2010, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=WestLEAFfan;158453]:haha: You sure know your stuff!

I'm sure hoping that this rolling head is Campese's! LMAO

Hahahahaha...good one! :)

chalk_one_up
11-21-2010, 11:51 AM
It's a message board and I'm entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not. Don't like reading it? Don't tune into this forum then. I'll leave it at that, plus the fact that I'm not even a Raider fan. It's just one outsider's fan prospective.

WestLEAFfan
11-21-2010, 12:12 PM
It's a message board and I'm entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not. Don't like reading it? Don't tune into this forum then. I'll leave it at that, plus the fact that I'm not even a Raider fan. It's just one outsider's fan prospective.

Well if this doesn't sum it up in one single statement. You most definitely are entitled to your opinion, but once you've stated it over and over again, it loses its value.

Raider Believer
11-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Well if this doesn't sum it up in one single statement. You most definitely are entitled to your opinion, but once you've stated it over and over again, it loses its value.

Its pretty hard to be a Raider fan these days WestLEAFfan. And you're right, some of us, sound like broken records. The frustration level is very high. Probably because the credibility of the guys running the team is extremely low. And we're tired of hearing the same old, same old. How many 5 year plans can there be? You may be patient, you're used to it, last time was '67 for Leaf fans, and then they had a decent run with Turnbull, Salming, Sittler, MacDonald & crew against the Flyers and Islanders back in the late 70s. Ya... hate to admit but I'm an old Leaf fan too! Used to live and die watching Ward Cornell doing the HNIC hosting way back in the late 50s and 60s. The game didn't used to be televised back in those days until early in the 2nd period. Keon was my fave back then but I used to enjoy old #23, they even made a song after him, "clear the track here comes Shack". And it was quite a sight to watch the big M #27 in flight. The current mess in PA is similar to the Harold Ballard days with the Leafs. And that didn't end until the old bastard was dead, and as much as I'd like the current PA situation to change ..... not sure that's the answer :p

WestLEAFfan
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Its pretty hard to be a Raider fan these days WestLEAFfan. And you're right, some of us, sound like broken records. The frustration level is very high. Probably because the credibility of the guys running the team is extremely low. And we're tired of hearing the same old, same old. How many 5 year plans can there be? You may be patient, you're used to it, last time was '67 for Leaf fans, and then they had a decent run with Turnbull, Salming, Sittler, MacDonald & crew against the Flyers and Islanders back in the late 70s. Ya... hate to admit but I'm an old Leaf fan too! Used to live and die watching Ward Cornell doing the HNIC hosting way back in the late 50s and 60s. The game didn't used to be televised back in those days until early in the 2nd period. Keon was my fave back then but I used to enjoy old #23, they even made a song after him, "clear the track here comes Shack". And it was quite a sight to watch the big M #27 in flight. The current mess in PA is similar to the Harold Ballard days with the Leafs. And that didn't end until the old bastard was dead, and as much as I'd like the current PA situation to change ..... not sure that's the answer :p

Good post, I enjoyed reading this...thank-you. I couldn't agree with you more, the organization is in a real sad state of affairs. It's losing $$ hand over fist and the stands are far from full. Loss after loss, disappointment after disappointment. The frustration level for many fans is at an all time high, including myself. But, what can we do? I really don't think a wholesale fire sale will improve anything immediately. We still have the talent we have at the end of the day. Maybe a couple of changes to bring in a big name? I really don't know either.