PDA

View Full Version : BC trip coming up......

patsdude114
11-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Well with the Pats having lost 7 of there last 8 games with the only win being a 4-1 W against BRN & in those 7 losses there was at least 3 games where the Pats blown leads & ended up lossing the game cuz of it.

The way this team is being coached i really dont see much success coming on the road in a grulling 5 game road trip in 8 days against some really good teams. In the BC division they have the 2nd 3rd & 4th highest scoring teams in the league with VAN PG & CHIL respectfully. Only 1 team is below .500 & thats Kelowna who is 10-11-0-0.

The Pats having given up the MOST goals in the league (only PA (92) & REG (98) have given up 90+ goals & the next closest after those 2 teams is 81 goals against) this road trip is setting up for disaster before they even get on the bus. I hope they can turn it around & get at least 2W on the road but in all fairness i really dont see that happening at all.

So when the Pats get back & if the Pats happen to lose all 5 games then the Pats will have lost 12 of there last 13 games... to me isnt that what gets coaches fired? A terrible stretch of games (13 of them with little to no success) & being the worst defensive team in the league. I know i alot can happen when they go out there but lets face it we havent had alot of success on this road trip in recent years so im not putting any money down that this team, the way were coached will bring back any type of success after the road trip.

There are alot of very unhappy season ticket holders & over 90% of the 1s i talk to blame coaching & how we always back off. We give up the red line way to easy & hell even at times we give up our own blueline with no battle what so ever.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
It is coaching. No doubt about it.

When the kids come out with these great efforts, and then all the sudden change their game plan into a passive, ****ty version of the trap, thats Hunt's call.

...but until convinced otherwise, it looks to me like Hunt will have this team at least for the season even though I would have fired him twice by now this season. The parkers are still the same money grubbers they always were, and theres no way they would like the idea paying a second guy to coach the team "just to get a few wins". Perhaps they wouldnt constantly be in this position if they made sound investments in their hires rather than fishing through the bargain bin.

But its not those fat cats that suffer, its the fans. Its embarrassing to be a pats fan.

patsdude114
11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
But its not those fat cats that suffer, its the fans. Its embarrassing to be a pats fan.

i couldnt agree more with this statement. does anyone have Mr. Lang's email address?? i used to have Parker's but my old email addy was hacked into & cant retreive it anymore.

west coast
11-16-2010, 04:27 PM
the bi annual road trip to BC begins.It will be a very tough roadtrip indeed.The BC division plays wide open hockey.I am predicting that the Pats go .500 on this trip.I really like the addition of Lane Schiedl.I think that with his addition,it will strengthen all forward lines. I also believe that the Pats play better against better competition.It was interesting to see Brent Parker in the building last night.One would think that this roadtrip could be the turning point in the season.Do the Pats come back from trip hunting for a playoff spot....or do they come back from trip with tails between legs with new coach and in sell mode

Rocketsfan
11-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Are any of you going on the road trip? Would be cool to meet up with some of you guys during the Rockets-Pats game

patsdude114
11-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Not I but would be a cool trip to go on sometime/some year

west coast
11-17-2010, 12:48 AM
It looks like Mitch Spooner has left the team.Look for the Pats to trade him in the coming days.

animalx
11-17-2010, 09:40 AM
I heard Mitch left as well. Too bad. A lack of playing time would probably be the cause of this. Down to that two line system again and not giving the kids more playing time to get better. He was under-utilized for sure and should have been given more ice time to develop.
I wouldn't be suprised if more players leave under this regime. We got to develop the younger kids even if it means playing a 3rd line on a regular basis as well as the 5th and 6th defenceman during the 3rd periods.

Coach has got to go in my opinion as well. Hopefully they can trade him to at least get a mid-late round draft pick.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-17-2010, 06:50 PM
where did you hear this?

If true, Im not surprised. He obviously wasnt a hunt type player, and frankly makes the Carlson trade look like a bad example of asset management.