PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen-Moose Jaw Trade

Hitmen1
11-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere but 3 different sites I read regularly have the Hitmen dealing with the Warriors.

Nathan MacMaster, Danny Gayle and Brandon Glover have been traded to Calgary for 18 year olds Cody Beach and Mackenzie Royer.

I would think one of Holly or Snider is next to go with the addition of Glover.

Hitmen1
11-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Trade now confirmed by the Hitmen. (http://www.whlhitmen.com/article/calgary-hitmen-complete-five-player-deal-with-moose-jaw-warriors)

armypower
11-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Can't see this trade helping the Hitmen much,they gave up
one of their better players in Beach....But something had to be done

hitmanfan
11-17-2010, 08:15 AM
I agree, we are going to miss Beach. But in Kisio we trust I guess. Something badly needs to be done.

patsdude114
11-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Something badly needs to be done???

Really??? The Hitmen have been the class of the league for like the last 5 years. What did u think was going to happen after every year at trade deadline the Hitmen kept adding more & more depth with very talented players from around the league while giving up prospects & draft picks along the way.

HAHAHA that outdoor game between the Hitmen & Pats was suppose to great for the league which im sure it will be promoted like that but really it will be a battle of the 2 worst teams in the league & which may just hurt the whole event.

SectionNDeserter
11-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Kisio and Lowry did a fantastic job building/coaching this team the last 5 years or so. Williamson inherited a team last year, where all he really had to do was open and close the door on the player bench.

In the last number of seasons, whether by sheer luck, connections or whatever, they have consistently gotten most of their older and more experienced NHL prospects back from their respective NHL teams. I don't know if they were finally just too good, or if their luck just ran out, but they got almost no players back from their respective NHL teams this season.

I think Williamson is finding that it is considerably tougher sledding when you don't have 4 or 5 players that should be playing pro hockey on your roster. I wouldn't be shocked to see Kisio back behind the bench before too long.

patsdude114
11-17-2010, 03:04 PM
i totally agree with u there... Calgary always lucked out getting there guys back from pro for another year of junior & its about time they r like the rest of the league & not get them back.

Now calgary has 2 crappy hockey teams & im sorry to say that i do cheer for 1 of them & its not the Hitmen arrgh

hitmanfan
11-17-2010, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=patsdude114;158286]Something badly needs to be done???./QUOTE]

Losing 12 straight is pretty bad by any teams standards.

patsdude114
11-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Losing 12 straight is pretty bad by any teams standards.

sorry to say but it looks really good on the Hitmen but dont worry my pats arnt too far behind. Only difference is we r used to losing u guys rnt

MVNWriter23
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
The Wild let them have Foucault back! ;)

Hitmen1
11-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Just an update, Glover joined the Hitmen just before they departed for Brandon this morning. The Hitmen picked up both McMaster and Gayle in Moose Jaw. It wouldn't surprise me to see all 3 play tomorrow night vs the Wheaties.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
11-19-2010, 10:19 PM
They all played and they all played well.

Warrior Fan
12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Glover was possibly going to be the man in MJ come the trade deadline. Of course he was going to have to prove he was/is the man. I am wondering how he has done in Calgary. I personally thought he made the wrong move with the team he was to have in front of him for the next 3 seasons. I could be wrong.

MacMaster and Gayle are both depth guys who could pt 20 plus each season. I really like the work ethic and heart they brought to the team. I miss them both actually. Not usually the case when we make a deal.

I know that Beach is a great player and playing with Honejsek he has been outstanding to say the least. We are 1 18 year old top line player away from being a dominant team next season. If we could find a way to get a Connolly or Weal or something along those lines or even a Bubnick from Calgary if they thought he may return as a 20 year old. The top 2 lines would be amazing next season. Howden and Connolly, Beach and Honejsek. Could be dynamite.

I know it is a dream but that is reasonable to do in this day and age.

Anyway, fill me on the ex Warriors. Sure love to see what you guys think of them.

Hitmen1
12-14-2010, 10:10 PM
MacMaster has been a real nice addition for the Hitmen. He gets lots of time on one of the top 2 lines and gets lots of pp time as well.

Gayle is noticeable most nights. He plays in the bottom 6 and hasn't done much offensively since the first couple games in a Hitmen jersey.

Glover has been okay. He is a very active goalie in the nets, I think he overplays too much and because of it, he is often really out of position and is forced to swim around in the crease. He has now found himself as the backup for 3 straight games.