PDA

View Full Version : WARRIORS AND HITMEN SWAP

lordstanley
11-16-2010, 09:08 PM
WARRIORS AND HITMEN SWAP
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2010

http://www.mjwarriors.ca/article/warriors-and-hitmen-swap

Moose Jaw, SK.--- Nathan MacMaster, Danny Gayle and Brandon Glover have been traded to Calgary for 18 year old's Cody Beach and Mackenzie Royer.

“The hockey club thanks Nathan, Danny and Brandon for there time and efforts as a Warrior and we wish them the best with Calgary,” commented Director of Hockey Operations Alan Millar.
“We are very excited to add a proven power forward to our line-up in Cody Beach and a player with the potential of Mackenzie Royer,” added Millar.

Cody Beach stands in at 6’6” and is known for his size with 157 PIM’s in 09/10. Mackenzie Royer is from Spruce Grove, Alberta and is a skilled left winger. The Warriors new acquisitions will report to Moose Jaw in the coming days.

lordstanley
11-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Obviously the main player in this deal is Beach almost a point per game player this year he is 6,6 inches tall and has 73 pims already

SectionNDeserter
11-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Looks like a 'three dimes for a quarter' sort of deal.

Hockey Spy
11-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Moose Jaw payed a pretty good price for Beach. He won't be seeing top line minutes or PP minutes in Moose Jaw like he did in Calgary. His numbers will drop but that isn't the reason why they got him. Mac Royer is a player with potential but until that potential is realized, I'll save judgement.

As for the Calgary end, MacMaster should be a player who will excel for Calgary and it is his home town as well. MacMaster can now watch his young 14 yr old brother take a run at the scoring record in the AMBHL! Danny Gayle and Brandon Glover also will do well.

Slight edge to Calgary here.:cool:

Raider Believer
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Obviously the main player in this deal is Beach almost a point per game player this year he is 6,6 inches tall and has 73 pims already

I like this deal for the Warriors. Beach is a big tough kid who has the Dave (Charlie) Manson factor ... you just don't know what he'll do or how badly he'll mess you up. He is also very under rated offensively. He sees the ice very, very well and will put up big points. Warriors got the best player.

patsdude114
11-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Very nice deal by the Warriors forsure..... just another huge body to intimadate the Pats & every other team in our division (besides SAS) & to the guy who says Beach wont see no PP time..... r u kidding me??? He will most definately be on the 2nd PP unit no questions asked. The Warriors dont have that much depth offensively to make that comment. The Warriors are build form the net out plain & simple.

Hockey Spy
11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
I should've said TOP PP time. His ice time will go down a bit. Don't expect a near point per game clip.

MJ Fan
11-17-2010, 07:51 PM
The Hitmen get Glover, which is the best part of the deal for them. He is a good goalie and he wasn't coming back to Moose Jaw. Looks like McMaster and Royer are interchangable and Gayle is not playing nearly as well as he did last year. The Warriors get a good top 6 forward who can play with Howden and can provide support to the defense in the toughness department. It's a win for both teams, but I give the edge to Moose Jaw

lordstanley
11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
The Hitmen get Glover, which is the best part of the deal for them. He is a good goalie and he wasn't coming back to Moose Jaw. Looks like McMaster and Royer are interchangable and Gayle is not playing nearly as well as he did last year. The Warriors get a good top 6 forward who can play with Howden and can provide support to the defense in the toughness department. It's a win for both teams, but I give the edge to Moose Jaw

Anyone know how long Mclrath is out for i heard he is in New York getting a MRI on his Knee

Warrior Fan
12-13-2010, 07:56 PM
I should've said TOP PP time. His ice time will go down a bit. Don't expect a near point per game clip.

He has been nothing short of great since joining the Warriors. He is a very steady player with great hands and skating for such a big kid. plays with an edge and throws the other team off every single game. By the end of the game the other team always wants to kill him. GREAT addition. Even though I hated seeing our 2 players go.

mjw22
01-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Moose Jaw payed a pretty good price for Beach. He won't be seeing top line minutes or PP minutes in Moose Jaw like he did in Calgary. His numbers will drop but that isn't the reason why they got him. Mac Royer is a player with potential but until that potential is realized, I'll save judgement.

As for the Calgary end, MacMaster should be a player who will excel for Calgary and it is his home town as well. MacMaster can now watch his young 14 yr old brother take a run at the scoring record in the AMBHL! Danny Gayle and Brandon Glover also will do well.

Slight edge to Calgary here.:cool:

the three we sent calgary wont be excelling any time soon do you watch hockey mcmaster is all speed no finnish :D