PDA

View Full Version : Moose Jaw Games upcoming

scruffy1
11-18-2010, 08:54 AM
With the recent improved record the wheaties are in position to move to into a very respectable place in the standings for a team rebounding from a Memorial cup run. The next 8 days include 6 games with 4 of them being 4 pointers against Moose jaw and Swifty.
How many points can they come away with in these next 6? I say 9.

scruffy1
11-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Very important game tonight between two struggling teams. Wheaties are on a 4 game loosing streak and SC hasn't won for three. Both teams top lines are getting out worked. Eakin was -5 last night against the blades but had a big game last time these two teams met. Someone will break thier loosing streak tonight.
Be interesting to see how the lines are put together.

Boltz9
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Anybody watch the game last night? Did Liston have a bad game, was the defence terrible again, or a little bit of both? Either way I hate that Kelly left Liston in for 7 goals, way to give your star goalie some confidence.

scruffy1
11-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Defence is a team game. Lots of wide open shooters. Boes couldn't have done any harm after the 4th goal and may have welcomed a different situation to show his value as the back up.
Liam didn't have his best stuff, but as I said before, wide open shooters with all kinds of time.

Joe Hallenback
11-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Wasn't Liston's best game but the Tigers had way too many quality chances and they buried them. Piss poor game by the Wheaties last night

booboo
11-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Some distressing trends developing with the team right now. Firstly, lack of offence---marginal PP at best. Secondly, the so-called older defensemen, Miller and Bestland are a combined -17 in the last few games. They translates into losses. Funny team---played so well against Medicine Hat and even Portland but very poorly--especially in the 3rd period --since.;)

Johnny Table
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Dont like to say things like this but Bestland has to go.

Boltz9
11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Second game in a week that we blew to MJ in the last minutes, sad. If another watched this one, how was Liston tonight?

Rye
11-27-2010, 01:05 AM
By the sound of KM's comments ... not as good as he should be.

sbtatter
11-27-2010, 11:02 AM
By the sound of KM's comments ... not as good as he should be.

We're screwed if Liston has a downturn in form. Our overagers really need to pick it up, Wiebe, Bestland and Toews are not holding up their end of the deal.

booboo
11-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes the overagers could be better, but so could the Euros who are not contri buting much to the offense which is the main reason for having them. To me that is one of the main areas that has been a problem for Brandon this year--lack of offence. The only player who is having a good year is Mark Stone. the rest of the guys except Ferland who has missed a lot of games are underachieving offensively. It almost seems to me that the Schenn scenerio is hanging over the team like a bad smell. Once that situation rights itself we may see which way Kelly decides to go and be a seller at the deadline--trade Glennie, maybe Wiebe to the Winterhawks and evn the rights to Schenn. I could live with that because all I see is this team having trouble making the playoffs or being cannon fodder for the Blades or the Kootenay anyway so the playoff revenue would not be that great.:cool:

sbtatter
11-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Yes the overagers could be better, but so could the Euros who are not contri buting much to the offense which is the main reason for having them. To me that is one of the main areas that has been a problem for Brandon this year--lack of offence. The only player who is having a good year is Mark Stone. the rest of the guys except Ferland who has missed a lot of games are underachieving offensively. It almost seems to me that the Schenn scenerio is hanging over the team like a bad smell. Once that situation rights itself we may see which way Kelly decides to go and be a seller at the deadline--trade Glennie, maybe Wiebe to the Winterhawks and evn the rights to Schenn. I could live with that because all I see is this team having trouble making the playoffs or being cannon fodder for the Blades or the Kootenay anyway so the playoff revenue would not be that great.:cool:

I agree on all counts. I'm also enjoying watching the young guys learning. I really wish Roy would get an extended run in the team.