PDA

View Full Version : pink and stink

grainbear
11-20-2010, 07:56 AM
What can you say about a third period, where from the drop of the puck in the third period we did not show any finish with the exception of the Russell Maxwell lines effort during the third period. A weak goal to start the period and the guys simply got beat to every puck, and were more intent on retaliation then winning the battles for the puck,Full measure to PA and full stinky pink to us. I guess this is another lesson that should not have to be repeated after the **** kicking in Medicine Hat and at home tonight. Some odd nice individual efforts but not enough suck it it up and keep working except for the youngsters. Yes veterans were out of the line up but some of the second year veterans need to step up and assume roles and leadership. I expect a much better result tonite even if we lose as long as we work 60 minutes that is the key.

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Hey Cane fans: the only time I can watch the Canes play is on ShawTV. I'm surprised to see that in his 19th year that Cam Braes isn't producing more. Do his stats reflect his play?

shushu
11-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey Cane fans: the only time I can watch the Canes play is on ShawTV. I'm surprised to see that in his 19th year that Cam Braes isn't producing more. Do his stats reflect his play?

the canes dont have any high end players so it would be unfair to look at aguy like braes and say he is underachieving......the canes win as a team and lose as a team....braes is out there every night busting his @ss, but is only as good as the rest of the player around him............ps......love this johnston kid, he looked shak'y last year but has really turned it around......GREAT job danny.............

Johnnydrum
11-24-2010, 05:36 PM
the canes dont have any high end players so it would be unfair to look at aguy like braes and say he is underachieving......the canes win as a team and lose as a team....braes is out there every night busting his @ss, but is only as good as the rest of the player around him............ps......love this johnston kid, he looked shak'y last year but has really turned it around......GREAT job danny.............

Hi. Could you tell me a little more about him?
Is he a decent puck moving defenceman?
I couldnt help but notice the lack of O from the D-men..

CrazyCanesFan
11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi. Could you tell me a little more about him?
Is he a decent puck moving defenceman?
I couldnt help but notice the lack of O from the D-men..

Cam Braes is a veteran 19 year old centerman, who is a very good two-way forward. He is an extremely good penalty killer and plays on the powerplay. He works hard every game, but just hasn't been producing quite as much as expected so far this season. He attended San Jose Sharks training camp this past summer as an undrafted player. He had 53 points in 69 games as an 18 year old last season. Expect him to start putting up more points in the near future.

And if you wanted to know about Daniel Johnston, he is a tough defensive minded defenseman with a very hard shot. Just as mentioned in a previous post, he was shaky when we received him at the trade deadline last season, but has responded with very strong play so far this year.

Johnnydrum
11-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Thank you so much for the info, I am enjoying very much learning as the seaosn chuggs along.

I am hoping that Kuvaev is going to be a big scorer.
The (few) clips I have seen of him (against Brandon and Vancouver earlier in the season) he lloks breathtaking....yet there seems to be a limited opinion of his prowess.

CrazyCanesFan
11-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Thank you so much for the info, I am enjoying very much learning as the seaosn chuggs along.

I am hoping that Kuvaev is going to be a big scorer.
The (few) clips I have seen of him (against Brandon and Vancouver earlier in the season) he lloks breathtaking....yet there seems to be a limited opinion of his prowess.

I am really liking Kuvaev so far, he has excellent vision on the ice and makes pretty amazing passes from time to time, from what I've seen. He handles the puck nicely, and boy does he love to score goals! He gets so excited and fired up when he scores, and has occasionally done a funny celebration when after he put the puck in the net. It's funny though, because he scores almost all of his goals on home ice, I think only 1 or 2 have come on the road. He is improving his two way game lately as well, as I have noticed that he backchecks harder now than he did in the beginning of the year. He crashes the net well and knocks in lots of rebounds. Hope this is helpful.