PDA

View Full Version : road trip

west coast
11-20-2010, 02:28 PM
i thought that the Pats looked energized last night in game vs the Vancouver Giants.The forwards were banging and crashing and going hard to the net which created a lot of scoring opportunties.Unfortunately,the game got away on them but a point was earned on the road.I would like to see the Pats tighten up defensively,stop giving up so many odd man rushes,and try and do a better job of blocking passing and shooting lanes.I liked the effort though,and Ketlo was solid in net.

patsdude114
11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
did u order the game online?

i was tempted too since i was home & bored but then i remember the Pacific Coluemsim (i know i spelt that right) has terrible lighting even when shaw has there games on tv so i thought the webcast would suck big time.

west coast
11-20-2010, 04:30 PM
the online games are painful to watch on the computer.It truly takes a dedicated fan to watch the poor feeds .The Kamloops game on roadtrip is on Shaw,and that would ensure a quality broadcast.I am looking forward to Chilliwack Bruins game tonight.If the Pats bring the same type of effort into tonights game,then a good result will happen.I thought Carter Ashton had one of his best games of the year.The addition of Schiedl seems to add some depth into the forward roster as it looked like Hunt used 3 forward lines last night.It is interesting to see the Pats play the teams in the west.Its too bad that the WHL doesnt have a more balanced schedule as the teams on this roadtrip look so foreign.

Rebelsfan13
11-20-2010, 07:02 PM
How has Scheidl looked so far?

patsdude114
11-20-2010, 10:16 PM
the online games are painful to watch on the computer.It truly takes a dedicated fan to watch the poor feeds .The Kamloops game on roadtrip is on Shaw,and that would ensure a quality broadcast.I am looking forward to Chilliwack Bruins game tonight.If the Pats bring the same type of effort into tonights game,then a good result will happen.I thought Carter Ashton had one of his best games of the year.The addition of Schiedl seems to add some depth into the forward roster as it looked like Hunt used 3 forward lines last night.It is interesting to see the Pats play the teams in the west.Its too bad that the WHL doesnt have a more balanced schedule as the teams on this roadtrip look so foreign.

How in the heck can u tell Ashton had 1 of his best games of the year by the radio?? Plaster & his tool of a color guy (for home games lil Dumba) are up in the clouds 9 times out of 10. I actually listened to a game a few weeks ago while actually at the game just to see how honest of a game Plaster calls & its not great lol

How has Scheidl looked so far?

we truely dont know as of yet since the Pats r on the road in there annual West Coast trip (BC Division this year)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-20-2010, 10:56 PM
The last game against the wheat thins, Ashton was playing out of his mind in the first couple periods. When he wants to he can really skate and really hit. Combine that with his skill and I see why he was a first rounder.

I wouldnt be surprised if he played like that in VAN as well, but I think it is too bad he doesnt do that all the time

patsdude114
11-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Ya actually Ashton has been 1 of the better pats the last few games... i almost wonder if there had been a TB scout in the crowd 1 game unexpectedly & they told him he better pick up his game & be a leader cuz lets face it he was playing like he didnt want to be in junior at all. Which is understandable after the way Yzerman was talking during camp that he may be in the NHl all season.

He just has to accept where he is & play the game after all it is just a game of hockey u have to play to ur level at all times.

FYI (not that it really matters) i finally got my Eberle card in HUT (for PS3 NHL11 Ultimate Team Mode) got all the cards to train him up with all +9s but i need that damn 80 game contract 1st or ill be paying thru my arse for him in no time short. Already have a Weal (which ill need another 1 soon) he is avging over a point per game for me with 110pts in 104games think i need to train up another 1 & insert the new Weal with Eberle at the same time. Maybe ill even find a Ashton & train him up too & have a all Pat line in HUT lol im a true NHL11 nerd i know lol

west coast
11-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Carter Ashton has been playing his best hockey of the year,and demonstrated that he is a bonefide potential NHL power forward.He has the size and strength to consistently take the puck to the net hard and create scoring chances.and Patsdude,i witnessed Ashtons best game live in the crowd as i made the road trip to the westcoast for the weekend games.Schiedl has been effective as a hard working grinder,skating up and down his wing.He gets PP time as well ,the move to get Schiedl has deepened the forward group .
How in the heck can u tell Ashton had 1 of his best games of the year by the radio?? Plaster & his tool of a color guy (for home games lil Dumba) are up in the clouds 9 times out of 10. I actually listened to a game a few weeks ago while actually at the game just to see how honest of a game Plaster calls & its not great lol

we truely dont know as of yet since the Pats r on the road in there annual West Coast trip (BC Division this year)

patsdude114
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Carter Ashton has been playing his best hockey of the year,and demonstrated that he is a bonefide potential NHL power forward.He has the size and strength to consistently take the puck to the net hard and create scoring chances.and Patsdude,i witnessed Ashtons best game live in the crowd as i made the road trip to the westcoast for the weekend games.Schiedl has been effective as a hard working grinder,skating up and down his wing.He gets PP time as well ,the move to get Schiedl has deepened the forward group .

kudos for u for making the trip this i did not know when i made that last post. No where did u state that u made the trip to watch the weekend games when u said Ashton played his best game of the year or however u stated it.

Its great to hear that Schiedl has been fitting in, does he have better hands then Mitchell?? Cuz Mitchell's hands of stone doesnt fit in on the teams top 2 lines he has missed so many great chances this year where they could of turned the tide in a game.

west coast
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
So it seems that everyone is in agreement that Reddin is by far the hardest worker.Frazee has size and some skill,and definately gets the most points.I would like to see Frazee a little more physical but perhaps that is not in his toolbox.Schneider has been all right.Nothing fancy with Schneider,would like to see him be a lil more physical and more dependable.Scheidl is a hard worker but his offensive game is still open for discussion.Mitchell needs to shoot the puck more.I thought that he had success last year from firing the puck.I dont agree that Mitchell has hands of stone,he just doesnt appear to be shooting enough

patsdude114
11-22-2010, 07:50 PM
So it seems that everyone is in agreement that Reddin is by far the hardest worker.Frazee has size and some skill,and definately gets the most points.I would like to see Frazee a little more physical but perhaps that is not in his toolbox.Schneider has been all right.Nothing fancy with Schneider,would like to see him be a lil more physical and more dependable.Scheidl is a hard worker but his offensive game is still open for discussion.Mitchell needs to shoot the puck more.I thought that he had success last year from firing the puck.I dont agree that Mitchell has hands of stone,he just doesnt appear to be shooting enough

Mitchell shoots he just has never been a pure goal scorer, what got him to the WHL was his work ethic which also got him drafted. Cant remember what game it was when he had that short handed breakaway but shot the puck 4 feet wide of the net.

He misses alot of tap ins, im not saying i hate Mitchell cuz i love his style of play but we have to admit his goal scoring (or lack there of) isnt his strong point of his game.