PDA

View Full Version : Projected Coaching Changes

Knuckle Chucker
05-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Just wondering what fans around the league think about the coaching situation for next year. Where are the openings? Where are the potential openings? To me the East and Central seem solid but I am not sure about the West.

Hitmen1
05-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Well I think most Hitmen fans would tell you that we would like to a coach either fired or just step down to focus on his GM duties. Personally that is what I would like to see. Kisio as the GM, and Evason as the coach.

As for other teams, I agree that the Eastern conference probably won't have a coaching change. I don't think the BC division will see change either, maybe down in the US division.

Brandon Wheatkings
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Rumor in Brandon is that Kelly will step down as head coach and Bob Lowes will take over the helm.IMO awesome move if you want to develope young players.

HAF
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I couldnt be happier with our GM in Tri. With Porter gone and him being a partner in the ownership he is really starting to make some positive changes.
As for coach Don, Personally I think he's a great coach who will be given atleast the 05-06 season to turn things around.

Brad
05-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Conroy has been let go in Spokane, so at least one U.S. club will make a change. I don't really see any other changes being made.

tazndevil
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
I could be a way off the mark here, but doesn't anyone else think that it is only a matter of time before Everett is looking for a new coach?

I realize he just signed a new 3 or 4 year deal, but there was also a clause added that said he can leave at any time for a better opportunity.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is named as the Omaha Knights first head coach, joining his buddy Doug Soetart.

Anyone else get the same feeling?

Taz

Hitmen1
05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I could be a way off the mark here, but doesn't anyone else think that it is only a matter of time before Everett is looking for a new coach?

I realize he just signed a new 3 or 4 year deal, but there was also a clause added that said he can leave at any time for a better opportunity.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is named as the Omaha Knights first head coach, joining his buddy Doug Soetart.

Anyone else get the same feeling?

Taz

Taz, that wouldn't surprise me at all and I believe Sutter has said that the Knights head coach will have NHL experience.

Number_4
05-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Well the Pats are pretty solid with Curtis Hunt as head coach, but we do have openings for asst coach and asst gm. Im not sure who all is applying, I havent heard anything impressive yet, other than a few people saying what does it take to be a gm for the Pats anyways... if he (the last guy) can do it, anyone can. I guess we'll see who gets hired... and how long they last.

Brad
05-19-2005, 11:28 AM
On the Everett situation, many contract exit clauses prevent leaving parties from raiding the team they are leaving for personnel. Soetart's exit clause MAY prevent him from hiring away any Everett staff, including Constantine.