PDA

View Full Version : BIG ASSIST This Weekend to the ref???

scrawny69
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
I guess I like to complsin....but.....Is it not possible for the Hurricanes front office to put in a grievence to the league for the quality of reffing from this weekend???
Mr. Montsion:clown: seemed to have some sort of score to settle with our team (which seems funny considering he is a west coast ref).

was something said to him before fridays game that enabled him to only call chinsy bull@*^% calls against the boys in those pink shirts??

Fridays game is one thing but to tottally take over the game game Saturday night (which was a good game till he took it over) is unexcussable in my opinion!!:confused::burningmad:

Good to see Preston have the cajones to stand up for the boys, now would like to see the front office do the same!!

just sayin

Bocephus
11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm with you on this Scrawny. I would love for the organization to file formally with the league.
I love the way Preston handled himself. He protested without throwing a tantrum like Steve Pleau would have. I found it pissed off Montsion even more to have Preston leaning against the glass with his hands in his pockets and ignoring him instead of sending a player to serve the bench minor.
Sitting up behind the Canes bench for the two games I could see Montsion continually baiting the Canes at line changes and even during play. Completely inappropriate and amateurish. I can confidentially conclude he targeted Cason Mahachek.
Whatever, just don't allow him to ref a canes game again and I will forget about this weekend.

moon
11-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Ref had nothing to do with the losses.

The Canes played like crap as usual and weren't able to get the lucky bounces that they did earlier in the year.

Constantly getting outshot, outplayed and out coached is going to result in bad weekends like this past one.

shushu
11-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Ref had nothing to do with the losses.

The Canes played like crap as usual and weren't able to get the lucky bounces that they did earlier in the year.

Constantly getting outshot, outplayed and out coached is going to result in bad weekends like this past one.

without trying to bait anyone into an answer, can you please tell me what preston should or could do to better things now without completely selling out the future.....keep in mind this WAS NOT his team from the start, and he has only been here for a little over a year................

moon
11-23-2010, 12:43 AM
without trying to bait anyone into an answer, can you please tell me what preston should or could do to better things now without completely selling out the future.....keep in mind this WAS NOT his team from the start, and he has only been here for a little over a year................

Not add useless pieces like Reddington, Donaghy, Hood for valueable assets.

Not add useless no talent prospects like Balog and try to pass them off as decent talents.

Don't trade your best defenseman for useless picks.

Not take a job that you have no ability to do.

Not coach a team to continuely play a "tough" game when all it does is draw penalties and put your crappy goalies and horredous defense in a hole all game long.

Stasiak may have been a jerk in the way he treated players but he did a gerat job in bringing in talent and the cupboard was far from bare when preston came in.

The only reason this team has not talent right now and even less coming up is because PReston gave away every valuable piece of this team for a whole bunch of nothing.

PeacefulChaos
11-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Hood is useless? Maybe you don't know which one he is out there on the ice...

Traded away our best defenseman? Are you referring to the Sbisa trade from last season? Because I certainly hope you don't mean Yadlowski. That kid took more lazy penalties than anyone.

Crappy goalies? I'm pretty sure it's because of Anderson and Tait that the Canes are doing as well as they are this season.

A "jerk" bringing in talent that doesn't want to play for the club isn't really helping the club is it? NO-ONE WANTED TO PLAY FOR STASIUK.

Clubs go through rebuilding phases all the time, that time is now for Lethbridge, deal with it. I think Preston has showed he is dedicated to the team and determined to improve the team and thats a good starting point.

moon
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Hood is useless? Maybe you don't know which one he is out there on the ice...

Traded away our best defenseman? Are you referring to the Sbisa trade from last season? Because I certainly hope you don't mean Yadlowski. That kid took more lazy penalties than anyone.

Crappy goalies? I'm pretty sure it's because of Anderson and Tait that the Canes are doing as well as they are this season.

A "jerk" bringing in talent that doesn't want to play for the club isn't really helping the club is it? NO-ONE WANTED TO PLAY FOR STASIUK.

Clubs go through rebuilding phases all the time, that time is now for Lethbridge, deal with it. I think Preston has showed he is dedicated to the team and determined to improve the team and thats a good starting point.

Hood is at best an adequate 3rd line guy. Great return for two years of a first round draft pick, WJHC camp invitee and legitimate top line player.
I've seen enough of Hood on the ice to know that he is a dime a dozen player in the league.

Yadlowski is better offensively or defensively than any defenseman on the team. And hard to ***** about him taking lazy penalties when the captain of the team is the king of bonehead penalties (and plays).

Crappy may have been too strong for the goalies, but they are certainly sub-par and have no business being starters in the WHL.

I don't think that Stasiuk should have been kept but at least he knew talent and brought some in. It is great that Preston is a nicer guy but that means squat since he has shown he knows nothing about junior hockey.

No problem with a rebuild but when it is done by morons such that the actual rebuild doesn't happen and the team just continually suck then that is not something I want to deal with.