PDA

View Full Version : vs. Kootenay

SectionNDeserter
11-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Wow! We got a little glimpse into the future with what was probably Dumba's best game so far as a Rebel. The turning point of this game was when Dumba absolutely destroyed Czerwonka at center ice with a huge open ice hit, then proceeded to give Pearce a major beatdown, setting the stage for a goal at the tail end of Pearce's penalty before the Ice got their man back into the play. Changed the whole tide of the game. Also the defense as a whole really limited the Ice's quality scoring chances.

Boomer was all over Kambeitz in this one every chance he got, and I thought he did a pretty good job of shutting him down, for the most part. Felt bad for Pearce in this one, as he had a really rough game. First he got straightarmed and ragdolled by Petrovic after the officials were unable to break up the prolonged 3 ice on one Rebel scuffle down in the corner, then he felt the need to fight a 16 year old after a clean hit at center ice, where he proceded to have his lunch fed to him. Then he comes out of the penalty box, and despite being about 40 feet ahead of his teammate, his teammate doesn't send him in on a breakaway and skates with the puck, allowing the backchecking Rebel to catch up and pressure them a bit.

Ismond was sure tough last night.... with the Rebel rookies, but skated for his life to the bench every time he was challenged by an 18 or 19 year old. I hope Archer isn't wearing a cast the next time they meet, so he can take out the trash...

Rebelsfan13
11-24-2010, 09:20 AM
What a great game! The two top teams in the Central lock up. Kootenay was ahead by two points coming into last nights game and were looking to put some space between them and the Rebels but not on this night. Red Deer the smaller team of the two were the aggressors and didn't back down on anything. It seemed to me like the Rebels won every battle and were willing to do whatever they needed. The game had a lot of intensity, a few fights and some very nice play from some of the younger Rebels.

On the fight card last night were Ferguson first dropping the gloves with Fraser. I am not sure what started this one but you have to hand it to Fergie for his willigness to drop the gloves with Fraser. He is giving up a few inches and pounds. Ferguson by no means won this fight but he never gave up and eventually got the take down. Next on the fight card was Siwak, what a great game this kid had tonight! One goal and three assists and a fight, are you kidding me? He was flying as was that entire line of him Kambeitz and Cowen. Each one of them won every single battle and were in the face of Kootenay's players. Cowen to me had one of his best games as a Rebel, potted a goal and was sticking up for his teammates! Last on the fight card as Section N mentioned was Dumba. He lined up his guy at centre ice for his pattened hit and laid him out, Pearce took exception to this which today I am sure he regrets and Dumba was waiting for him. The gloves were dropped and Dumba just started throwing bombs one after another, he had one haymaker that just missed and had it connect we would likely have seen Pearce taken off in a stretcher. After the fight he lifts his arms up in an attempt to pump up the crowd! You have to love this kid, not only is he tough but he has some serious talent. The Rebels realistically could have a top 5 NHL drafted player this year with Nuge and next year with him!

As for the rest of the game well the Rebels were pretty much in control in the second and third period. Rolling four lines. The top line was mostly held off the score sheet but we got scoring elsewhere tonight. Ferguson like the article in the advocate said is looking much better out there now. He scored another goal and was involved the entire game. The third line was amazing and Siwak had a break out game last night. The defence was absolutely solid and didn't give Kootenay any big opportunities and when they did break through Kuemper was there to stop them. This team sure is fun to watch!

Red celtic
11-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Thought this was a statement game for the boys last night after a poor performance in Edmonton. They were in the right mind set the 2nd line provided the leadership last night. With everyone contributing this is a fun team to watch. I was not impressed with the officiating thought they were going to lose control of the game but the boys decided to police the sillyness themselves. Good job boys here is what the Advocate had to say. http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/sports/Rebels_put_Kootenay_on_Ice_110385174.html

Nature Boy
11-24-2010, 03:16 PM
What a great game by the Rebels last night. You could just see Dunmbas eyes light up when he saw th ice player come across the middle of the ice with his head down. What a hit, haven't seen a hit like that since Dion Phaneuf played here. It was also great that he won the fight. That really lifted the team after that. It was a very chippy game and until that hit Kottenay was being very aggressive. Then after that hit thay backed off and Red Deer started to use their speed and skill to beat the ice. It was a statement game to show that the game against Edmonton was a bad one and showed that we can play with any team in this league. Nice to see that we can win a game with the Nuge only getting one point and Kudrna and Froese being held off the score sheet. Should be a good ttest tonight against Lethcridge.

BigCat20
11-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Too bad dumba left his feet to make the hit, he should have got a charging call. Dont believe me......watch the replay on hockeyfights.com

After reading how you all think he caught him with his head down, more like he was looking back for the pass and his teammate left him out to dry!

SectionNDeserter
11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
I watched it about 20 times on the Rebel's site. His feet come off the ice AFTER he makes the hit. Nice try though.

Rebelsfan13
11-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Section N just stole my reply, Landon is this you?

ELL
12-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Dec 17th at home at Kootenay was a dominant display by the home side. They hit everything in site and sent a message that even without a trade upgrade they should win the east.

Rebelsfan13
12-21-2010, 08:32 AM
The what happened December 18th? Up 4-1 on generous officiating (three 5 on 3's in first period alone) only to lose 6-4? The Rebels responded after a lackluster effort in Kootenay and took the physical game back and won again. These are two very close teams, and even with some of our dominant wins I am not too arrogant to say that we would win this easily. The season series is split now and it is going to be a fun race to see who wins this division.

ELL
12-21-2010, 01:10 PM
That was a restrained reply to my Kootenay rah rah. Yes it is true that they seem quite evenly matched and for this year the Cranbrook crowd have Red Deer marked as our #1 rivalry. Granted there is a certain satisfaction in beating Calgary six games in a row. We are hopeful that Kootenay will return to prominence this year but realize that we need to go through Red Deer.