PDA

View Full Version : Former Bronco to play in CJHL Prospects game

hockeyfan123
11-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Former Bronco Brody Luhning will be playing in the 2010 CJHL top Prospects game. Brody Luhning (1992-Lumsden, SK) has developed into one of the top young defencemen in the SJHL. Luhning is 3rd in SJHL scoring amongst defencemen with seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points.

The CJHL Prospects Game was created to showcase the top 40 NHL draft eligible players in the CJHL. The event includes a two-game, total goal series between Team East and Team West, which is well attended by local hockey fans, NHL scouts, and representatives from Canadian and American colleges and universities. Great news for him. Heres the link. http://www.sjhl.ca/news_item.aspx?news_id=1862

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
11-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Lucas Froese, Bronco prospect, has also been selected to this team.

Quarter Century Fan
11-26-2010, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=hockeyfan123;158689]Former Bronco Brody Luhning will be playing in the 2010 CJHL top Prospects game. Brody Luhning (1992-Lumsden, SK) has developed into one of the top young defencemen in the SJHL. Luhning is 3rd in SJHL scoring amongst defencemen with seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points.

This makes me wonder why we didn't dress and develop him as a Bronco? We are young in our defence status anyway. Why not develop him here with the rest of the younger d/men. If I were him I would be dissapointed in my experience as a Bronco and looking to be traded to a WHL team that would play him.

Dwight Schrute
11-26-2010, 03:19 PM
This makes me wonder why we didn't dress and develop him as a Bronco? We are young in our defence status anyway. Why not develop him here with the rest of the younger d/men. If I were him I would be dissapointed in my experience as a Bronco and looking to be traded to a WHL team that would play him.
did he ever sign with swift or is his goal to play ncaa

Toswammi
11-26-2010, 04:49 PM
did he ever sign with swift or is his goal to play ncaa

He played in Swift last year.

Also for a team that really doesn't have a PP guy on the point, and is struggling to score goals (3rd worst in goals for/game) he wouldn't hurt the cause. Especially when you consider some of the injuries we have went through.

Flathead
11-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Meh, I like our young "D", and don't really miss him.