PDA

View Full Version : CANES with 1/3 of the season in the books.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Who would of thought Lethbridge would be in the playoff race at this time of the year? .........I for one have predicted it since the start of the year. They are an O.K. and average team, but they are headed in the right direction.
I am sure Canes fans are in for a super interesting next month or two. Where does Preston take this team? He has held onto the many draft picks the team has garnered and has not made any deals other than Yads. (That was a really good deal in my opinion. Another pick in the top 30 or so can only be good for the Canes.)
Preston is holding all the cards so to speak. He can shuffle a few of our many assets to move up or down in the playoff race. We can't lose either way. I am confident he will do just enough to make the playoffs this year. Win or lose in the Spring, a playoff run will do the kids wonders. This team is still geared to being a top team next year and beyond.
Preston's patience will be rewarded and so will Hurricanes fans be entertained.

Alberta Hockey
11-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Pump Preston up all you want but he is a monotone robot..........he has been playing a game of favourites for 1 1/3 seasons now and it is utterly embarrassing......It doesn't matter what players do on a nightly basis, this guy is stuck in his ways as much as any coach can be......night in and night out, the same guys get the same ice time regardless of play..........hard evidence= 15-14-6...........

P.S-The eighties called......they want their sweater vests back..........

shushu
11-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Pump Preston up all you want but he is a monotone robot..........he has been playing a game of favourites for 1 1/3 seasons now and it is utterly embarrassing......It doesn't matter what players do on a nightly basis, this guy is stuck in his ways as much as any coach can be......night in and night out, the same guys get the same ice time regardless of play..........hard evidence= 15-14-6...........

P.S-The eighties called......they want their sweater vests back..........

he coaches the way he does for the simple fact that all the players get an even shake to prove them self.....reners scores tonight and is on the ice the very next shift. same thing for tarnasky, after the pat on the back for scoring his first in this league he's back on the ice right away.....is it right? maybe not but if anything is his downfall it will be to much loyalty towards his players, and not enough toward putting his feeling aside an doing what he needs to do to make a winning team.....................ps.... who cares what he is wearing...............

metalrules
11-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Personally I think the sweater vest is coming back... maybe he will rock a sports jacket with the leather on the elbows next. ;)