PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton makes World Jr Camp/no ELLIOTT!

Hockey Spy
11-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Anyone surprised?

I guess the Blades will not be losing him for a month over xmas. :confused:

BladesFan_2010
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Where did you find that information? I can't find it online.

Hockey Spy
11-29-2010, 12:33 PM
It was announced about 20 minutes ago on TSN.CA live stream.

Here is the link:
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=33764

sbtatter
11-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Wow, thought Elliot and Glennie would have got camp invites....

Hockey Spy
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I guess there will be a few very disappointed players out there. However, I guess if you want to be a greedy fan, it is good to have Elliott in the lineup and not have to be without him for a month when Hamilton has a great chance at making the tream as a role player.

I think back to Mike Green not being invited either and now look at him.

Boltz9
11-29-2010, 01:16 PM
It is surprising, but by the sounds of it Gormley might have a serious knee injury and not be able to participate. If that is the case then maybe Elliot will get an invite.

Toswammi
11-29-2010, 01:47 PM
It is surprising, but by the sounds of it Gormley might have a serious knee injury and not be able to participate. If that is the case then maybe Elliot will get an invite.

I would think he would be next in line to replace Gormley. With that in mind, I don't know anything about the O or Q

hotdog-pocket
11-29-2010, 05:17 PM
congrats to curtis! i think he's got a good chance to make it.

Trav
11-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I to was surprised that Elliott wasn't on the list. I'd take him over a guy like Cowen any day. Cowen got beat by the Russians a few times, no surprise. He's never impressed me at all ever since he came in to the league but then again I like small mobile d-men lol so might be biased here.

Congrats to Hamilton, he's really having a solid year and definitely deserves to be at the camp and I hope he'll be wearing the red and white at christmas time.

hotdog-pocket
11-29-2010, 05:33 PM
I to was surprised that Elliott wasn't on the list. I'd take him over a guy like Cowen any day. Cowen got beat by the Russians a few times, no surprise. He's never impressed me at all ever since he came in to the league but then again I like small mobile d-men lol so might be biased here.

Congrats to Hamilton, he's really having a solid year and definitely deserves to be at the camp and I hope he'll be wearing the red and white at christmas time.

i think cowen still gets a bad rap for his play last year. the guy was playing on one leg and was still recovering from his knee surgery.

this year he has totally looked like a different player. he even could have likely made the sens this year. he has been very good this season in the whl and stood tall during the series against the russians this month.

the guy is easily a top 4 on team canada this time around.

chalk_one_up
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
What is more surprising is no Ty Rattie.

Trav
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM
i think cowen still gets a bad rap for his play last year. the guy was playing on one leg and was still recovering from his knee surgery.

this year he has totally looked like a different player. he even could have likely made the sens this year. he has been very good this season in the whl and stood tall during the series against the russians this month.

the guy is easily a top 4 on team canada this time around.

Yeah he stood tall like a pylon when one of the Russians just blew right by him and scored. I admit I haven't seen him play during the season but in that one game against the Russians, I thought he was useless. Hope team Canada coaching staff goes in to camp with an open mind, nobody should be guaranteed a spot.

hotdog-pocket
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
What is more surprising is no Ty Rattie.

not really. he's 17. and isn't necessarily one of the top names upcoming for the draft.

the scouts don't just look at the leading scorers to pick the camp roster.

SectionNDeserter
11-29-2010, 07:56 PM
From what I have seen of Rattie, he isn't defensively responsible enough yet to play at that level. That being said, I also have never been impressed with Pysyk's defensive game whatsoever. Picking him over Elliott is sort of mind-boggling to me.

hotdog-pocket
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Pysyk is a year younger, and I think the thought process is that the camp will be a good experience for him to play on the team next year. There is no way he comes near the final roster when it's said and done.

RenegadeStylings
11-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Congrats to Hamilton. I think he has a very solid shot at making the team. He can fill so many roles: A scoring role, a checking role, a third line role, an energy role, penalty killing. So many things. That versatility should go a long way.

Tough one for Elliott, I know he has worked hard to try and earn an invite.

With that being said, it sounds like Brandon Gormley of Moncton won't be able to participate (dislocated knee cap). That would mean Team Canada could invite another defenseman. I bet Elliott is on a very short list for that one open spot.

Hockey Spy
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Well, another bit of news on the matter. Elliott is not the alternate for the team if Gormley can't attend camp. Apparently it is Vancouver Giants defenceman Manning.

http://www.windsorstar.com/business/Giants+winger+Gallagher+named+Team+Canada+camp+Man ning+alternate/3900719/story.html

Should set up a very interesting battle tonight as Elliott is likely going to be playing with a bit of piss and vinager even more so now.

Once again, congrats to Curtis Hamilton. I feel he has a good chance at making the team as a few of you have also already mentioned due to his versatility.

Side note: Marek Viedensky will not be in the lineup tonight.

Toswammi
11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Well, another bit of news on the matter. Elliott is not the alternate for the team if Gormley can't attend camp. Apparently it is Vancouver Giants defenceman Manning.

http://www.windsorstar.com/business/Giants+winger+Gallagher+named+Team+Canada+camp+Man ning+alternate/3900719/story.html

Should set up a very interesting battle tonight as Elliott is likely going to be playing with a bit of piss and vinager even more so now.

Once again, congrats to Curtis Hamilton. I feel he has a good chance at making the team as a few of you have also already mentioned due to his versatility.

Manning is good too. I like him a lot, actually more then Elliot. Just my opinion though. Elliot is good in his own right.

hotdog-pocket
11-30-2010, 02:08 PM

All that says is that Manning was on a short list of candidates:

Defenceman Neil Manning didn't make it but Team Canada head scout Kevin Prendergast later revealed that Manning was on a list of alternates in case of injury.

"We're not sure how severe the injury is," said Prendergast in a conference call from Toronto. "Phoenix is going to fly him out there, I believe, tomorrow and as soon as we get a report from them, we'll make a decision on what we're going to do. We have a list of [replacements] due to injury and Neil is on that list."

Manning was unaware he was an alternate until informed Monday by the Vancouver Sun.

Hockey Spy
11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
While we are the topic of defenceman. It should be a packed house full of scouts tonight to watch the top 2 defenceman from the WHL for the NHL Entry Draft. Duncan Siemens and David Musil will go head to head tonight as will Elliott and Manning. Should be fun!

lordstanley
11-30-2010, 03:26 PM
While we are the topic of defenceman. It should be a packed house full of scouts tonight to watch the top 2 defenceman from the WHL for the NHL Entry Draft. Duncan Siemens and David Musil will go head to head tonight as will Elliott and Manning. Should be fun!

Yeah i'm really looking foward to it i just wish Viedensky was back his concusion is alot worse than i thought it would be i guess Trask has filled in nicely with 6 points in 4 games centering that line