PDA

View Full Version : Ashton named to team Canada camp

west coast
11-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Carter Ashton was named to team Canada camp roster this morning.Ashton has had a great start to the season.Competition will be fierce,but Ashtons work ethic will ensure he has a good shot to make the team for the annual tournament

witness
11-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Ashton has played well in November.

My biggest complaint has been consistancy. Ashton is most effective when he chips and chases. He needs to use his speed and big body. I think that he has more than a shot.

patsdude114
11-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Ashton has played well in November.

My biggest complaint has been consistancy. Ashton is most effective when he chips and chases. He needs to use his speed and big body. I think that he has more than a shot.

I totally agree with everything u said & this is the exact reason why Ashton & Weal dont have a whole lot of chemistry as Weal needs more of a puck possession game then a chip & chase game due to his size.

Best of luck to Ashton at camp, hope he makes it to add to the long list of Regina Pat alumni who have played for Team Canada at the WJs

west coast
11-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Ashton has demonstrated that he possesses all the tools to play the game.He has blazing speed.He has size and strength and uses it to win puck battles.He is a pro at protecting the puck and is next to impossible to knock off the puck.He makes big hits on the forecheck,and is good at dropping the gloves .Ashton is a competitor.I would be curious to see a giveway/takeaway stat with the Pats forwards.Ashton puts up numbers but with his work ethic is not a defensive liability.Ashton will be hard to replace if he makes the Canadian junior team.Who will fill his shoes?

whlking
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
So I guess all of us Pats fans could potentially be seeing Carter Ashton's last game as a Pat on friday. Surely, Lang can't be naive enough to think this team has a shot at the playoffs, and if doesn't, Carter will most certainly be dealt at the deadline. The question is for what?

west coast
11-30-2010, 12:37 AM
look for Ashton to make the Canadian junior team and keep Regina connection to the team alive as they have had an impressive alumni list.If Trader Lang is thinking of trading Ashton ,then,he would yield the top ransom at the trade deadine.Keep in mind what Brent Parker gave up to get Ashton! Keep in mind that the Pats coughed up a 1st round pick for Ashton last year to Lethbridge.The Pats will have to get a very sweet deal in order to justify a trade.:)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
This can only help boost Ashton's trade value. He has been playing pretty well lately considering the increasingly ****ty play of this team. I think he has been our best player for for most of the 1st quarter of the season.

I think he should be a front runner for at least a 3rd line spot. It is tough to ignore a player with his size speed and skill infront of the net.