PDA

View Full Version : Adam Brown

caniac # 2
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
In the paper today was reading about goalie Adam Brown and how good he was playing as of late for the Rockets. Originally this kid was drafted by the Canes in the first round (sixth overall) in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft, my question is how did he end up in Kelowna, does anyone remember ?? :confused:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-03-2010, 02:49 PM
We took Ashton 7th in the 2006 draft. I don't recall Brown ever being an early pick of the Canes or any trade involving him.

SectionNDeserter
12-03-2010, 04:50 PM
He was a walk-on in 08-09 training camp for Kelowna. He was never drafted.

canes77
12-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Actually it looks like the Canes did in fact draft him... BUT... There was a separate draft for US players at the LA spring camp that year and Adam Brown went 6th overall out of that group of 20. Jonathan Parker went 1st. Looks like only one player on that list actually ended up on the same team that chose him.

Caldwell of course has the link, as usual...
http://members.shaw.ca/caldwela/drafts/2006.html

What I can't believe is how more than one WHL writer messed up on that fact. Like myself, all of you reading this right now probably knew it wasn't a true fact. I could maybe see an error happen with a writer talking about a player not on the home team, but this is a fail from the Kelowna and Lethbridge editors/papers! They should definately know who their home teams did or did not draft, especially in the 1st round. Both printed that false fact WITHOUT fixing it or even questioning it. It takes 10 seconds (even on the infamous new WHL site) to find the 2006 bantam draft and the 1st round is on the first page!