PDA

View Full Version : err good job Raider scouting.....

patsdude114
12-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Weird how this just makes the whl.ca website today :rolleyes:

Whats even more werid is how the PA Raiders missed these 2 guys, being that they were only list players but yet they are heading to TC this weekend for 2 games on a pretty deep TC team.

Good Job Raiders scouting

Right in ur own back yard but yet Raider scouting completely missed both these kids. Which could be late bloomers when they did get listed but a simple trade for list players is very easy to do.:clap:

clockwise
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Dallman's Dad Rod is a scout for the Raiders. Tyson Dallman was originally drafted by Calgary and was dropped off thier list, the Raiders invited him to their camp this fall and was no where near the cream of the crop was dropped after intersquad game. He has had a pretty good year in Midget AAA. But in my opinion Bosovitch is the stud, he is having a great season leads the SMAAAHL in scoring, he's got pretty good speed and a good set of hands, but on the small side only 5'8" 140 pounds, Dallman was riding on his coat tails picking up points being line mates, and then he separated his shoulder and he's only been back for couple weeks. I'll be shocked if Dallman makes it in TC.

patsdude114
12-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Dallman was at camp and was no where near the top 35 players there. I am shocked he got signed. But great for him !

I just find it funny that a team like TC sees something in a player who already has a very deep roster but yet a team that sits 5 games below .500 couldnt see anything in him at all.

Does that show less knowledge towards the Raiders hockey management side of finding players? or TC finding the best in kids & using there strengths more.

Either way it will be interesting to see what happens with these 2 players in the next few weeks or even at the start of next season.

Raider Believer
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I just find it funny that a team like TC sees something in a player who already has a very deep roster but yet a team that sits 5 games below .500 couldnt see anything in him at all.

Does that show less knowledge towards the Raiders hockey management side of finding players? or TC finding the best in kids & using there strengths more.

Either way it will be interesting to see what happens with these 2 players in the next few weeks or even at the start of next season.

Honestly, I don't see it. I've watched both these players on and off since just before their draft year. Bosovitch is just too small, and if you're small (short) in this league you have to be extremely good at scoring or be an extremely fast skater and well put together physically (like Brendan Gallagher of the Giants). He is none of those things. Dallman is a Jr B caliber player at best and Calgary dumped him for a reason. Sorry boys, gotta tell it like I see it. IMO Bruno had it right. As for TC seeing something ..... happens all the time, how about all the 1st round duds?

scruffy1
12-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Best of luck to both kids. Hope they can take advantage of an opertunity to show thier stuff. Tad Kozun as well as I think he was also listed recently. Also congrats to Tim, Dave and the crew for thier growing reputation for developing players. They are becomming one of the places players want to come to in Sask midget.
I didn't know Rod was scouting for the Raiders. I hope he has more sway with the brass than Murray had. They have a record for letting some good ones get away. Of course we all know, the further they come from, the better they are.

Stanfordfan
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Honestly, I don't see it. I've watched both these players on and off since just before their draft year. Bosovitch is just too small, and if you're small (short) in this league you have to be extremely good at scoring or be an extremely fast skater and well put together physically (like Brendan Gallagher of the Giants). He is none of those things. Dallman is a Jr B caliber player at best and Calgary dumped him for a reason. Sorry boys, gotta tell it like I see it. IMO Bruno had it right. As for TC seeing something ..... happens all the time, how about all the 1st round duds?

Raider Believer, no disrespect meant but I wonder what your qualifications are in judging hockey players other than being a long time fan? I am making no assumptions on whether or not these players should be playing at the WHL player I am just wondering how you qualify your opinions. Are you or have you been a scout or a coach yourself?

Raider Believer
12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Raider Believer, no disrespect meant but I wonder what your qualifications are in judging hockey players other than being a long time fan? I am making no assumptions on whether or not these players should be playing at the WHL player I am just wondering how you qualify your opinions. Are you or have you been a scout or a coach yourself?

Yes, and am still officially scouting for two junior teams and informally for a third, have also managed.

bigjimmer
12-07-2010, 06:16 AM
O'Brien, good to hear from you....
________
Paxil side effect (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Bladenator
12-31-2010, 02:39 PM
This guy is a "Freak of Nature". I've followed his postings on many sites for years and met him in PA. 9 times out of 10 when he says it will happen it happens. The other 1 of 10 "Should Have"!:groovy:

Raider Believer
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
This guy is a "Freak of Nature". I've followed his postings on many sites for years and met him in PA. 9 times out of 10 when he says it will happen it happens. The other 1 of 10 "Should Have"!:groovy:

Thanks Bladenator. I try. This year is easy. Blades will do well and PA not so well. LOL .... wonder why?

Dwight Schrute
01-02-2011, 12:41 AM
3 game loosing streak .... and they should have been shut out tonight. If Bruno doesnt sell off all assets over 18 we should all call McPhee and demand they fire Bruno !

yup but........... doubt it

Raider Believer
01-02-2011, 02:09 AM
3 game loosing streak .... and they should have been shut out tonight. If Bruno doesnt sell off all assets over 18 we should all call McPhee and demand they fire Bruno !

Do we really want Bruno to manage and coach the assets we'll get in return?
I think the idea of writing to the individual Board members is a great idea. The only other message to send is to not show up for home dates.

Regina has pretty much sold off all their assets .... and we still lose, and in fact weren't really even competing. And its probably too simplistic to claim that the players have quit on Bruno or won't play hard for him, however, both statements are probably true. But even a more sobering truth is that in 40 games, the bottom four of his forwards only had 20 points between them for 40 games. Not very good. In fact terrible. But this is the kind of depth that Bruno the manager has left us with. And its not like Winther and Danyluk were, or will, light things up either. So what will be there next season. We'll lose some of the 19 year olds and there is a huge gap in our 92s and 93s. And its wishful thinking to hope that teams are going to trade away strong prospects in the 92, 93 and 94s for the likes of 91s Button, Maylan, Parker or Herrod. And then projecting ahead, how does the team keep McNeill happy. A team constantly in unsuccessful Campese rebuild after rebuild never has their stars taste success, and the stars are not stupid (think Harrison) and want out.

Landon
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM
The Raiders are a team that needs to hit every thing that moves to create scoring chances. In Regina our goalie gets run over rite in front of Button and he does nothing, James Bettauer comes from across the ice to fight Mitchell. It should have been Button taking on Mitchell not Bettauer. Button needs to realize that it is a TEAM game. Bruno should have sat Button and took his "A" off his jersey for not stepping up and gave it to Bettauer. The same thing happened last year against Brandon when Zemlak was carted off on a strecher "NO LEADERSHIP." Against the Blades you have veterans making rookie mistakes that cost us goals but that seem's to be ok with Bruno. If it were a rookie making those same mistakes he would not see the ice for weeks. If these so called veteran players would play like vets then I would have know problem if Bruno kept them at the trade deadline. We need a coach and NEW leaders that come to the rink every day to pay the price and compete.

WestLEAFfan
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
The Raiders are a team that needs to hit every thing that moves to create scoring chances. In Regina our goalie gets run over rite in front of Button and he does nothing, James Bettauer comes from across the ice to fight Mitchell. It should have been Button taking on Mitchell not Bettauer. Button needs to realize that it is a TEAM game. Bruno should have sat Button and took his "A" off his jersey for not stepping up and gave it to Bettauer. The same thing happened last year against Brandon when Zemlak was carted off on a strecher "NO LEADERSHIP." Against the Blades you have veterans making rookie mistakes that cost us goals but that seem's to be ok with Bruno. If it were a rookie making those same mistakes he would not see the ice for weeks. If these so called veteran players would play like vets then I would have know problem if Bruno kept them at the trade deadline. We need a coach and NEW leaders that come to the rink every day to pay the price and compete.

But Button is already drafted...he doesn't need to check/be a leader...what a prima donna....His ego is almost as big as coach Campese's! ;)