PDA

View Full Version : Ayrton Nikkel to make WHL debut tonight!

Hockey Spy
12-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Saskatoon Blades 2nd round selection from the 2010 WHL bantam draft will make his season debut tonight in his hometown of kelowna. The 6'0 175lb Nikkel is playing his midget hockey with the Pursuit of Excellence hockey academy, the same place where Dalton Thrower played his midget hockey season. Nikkel is putting up some impressive numbers with 10-17-27 in 29 games - Nikkel has also put up a team leading 47 Pims.

Raider Believer
12-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Saskatoon Blades 2nd round selection from the 2010 WHL bantam draft will make his season debut tonight in his hometown of kelowna. The 6'0 175lb Nikkel is playing his midget hockey with the Pursuit of Excellence hockey academy, the same place where Dalton Thrower played his midget hockey season. Nikkel is putting up some impressive numbers with 10-17-27 in 29 games - Nikkel has also put up a team leading 47 Pims.

the kid is a stud! will absolutely be in the lineup for next season and maybe even sooner for the playoffs. toon town will fall in love with this kid. he can skate, pass, shoot and wears his gloves like irritating accessories, plays with an extreme edge (think Dave Manson), PA was stupid not to pick this kid, he'll treat Morrissey (PA's 1st rounder) like his castaway ***** next season! Sad but true.

RenegadeStylings
12-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I obviously wasn't there for the game he played but I asked Les how he looked in his WHL debut. He said he didn't play a ton, but when he was out there he didn't look out of place at all. I think he will fit in nicely as a 3rd pairing guy next year.

Trav
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Nikkel play next season. During the pre-season games that I saw him in I thought he looked pretty good, better then some of the veterans on both sides of the ice. He seemed to be wherever the puck was in the defensive zone. Hope he'll be making other GM's regret not picking him sooner.

Having top 6 next year of

Siemens - Thrower
Cox - Dietz
Nikkel - Rookie

....would look pretty good to me and even better in 2013 when the Blades host the cup I mean when they SHOULD host the Memorial Cup lol.

Bladenator
12-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Nikkel play next season. During the pre-season games that I saw him in I thought he looked pretty good, better then some of the veterans on both sides of the ice. He seemed to be wherever the puck was in the defensive zone. Hope he'll be making other GM's regret not picking him sooner.

Having top 6 next year of

Siemens - Thrower
Cox - Dietz
Nikkel - Rookie

....would look pretty good to me and even better in 2013 when the Blades host the cup I mean when they SHOULD host the Memorial Cup lol.

I see Nikkel was selected for Team BC for the Canada Games in Halifax.

Raider Believer
01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
I see Nikkel was selected for Team BC for the Canada Games in Halifax.

Was there ever any doubt? Kelly didn't demand this kid be part of the package for Schenn for nothing! The black and gold will look terrific on this player for years to come. I really, really hope the Blades win it all this year or they'll be haunted by this trade for a generation.

Kerry Clark
01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Generation is a bit much but most people here will go back to not caring about the team for anyone to notice.

But I will notice. :(

ElliotFan6
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Was there ever any doubt? Kelly didn't demand this kid be part of the package for Schenn for nothing! The black and gold will look terrific on this player for years to come. I really, really hope the Blades win it all this year or they'll be haunted by this trade for a generation.

A generation? Since when is 3-5 years a generation lol?