PDA

View Full Version : Time has come

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
12-04-2010, 10:44 PM
to objectively look at the rest of this season. The Broncos are currently a .500 team and have pretty much been that all year. There is no reason to believe that the situation will change much from now to season end. Regular trading won't get this team out of the first round. Major trading might see them through the first round, but at what cost. So basically what I'm saying is this team is not going anywhere.
We currently have a young defence with a lot of promise for the next couple of years but where is the scoring going to come from. If we trade Eakin and others we may be able to get a decent return to help us for the next couple of years.

I also think Eakin and Dowling have been great Broncos and deserve a shot at playing on a contender. What does everyone else think?

Toswammi
12-04-2010, 11:03 PM
From the stands, this is my thoughts.

The have no leadership, spark or ironically enough passion (it's all about passion...haven't seen that yet.)
This team needs to make a decision because the next two months will dictate the next two/three years.
I would love nothing more then for Mark to get some lunch bucket type players. Anything is better then individuals that don't work as a team. All I want to see is a clear plan or direction with this team.

dubfan
12-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Maybe the coaching and the system maybe the issue. I believe you build your TEAM with all 23 players not one or two. I also believe each player wants to work hard but confidience which includes encouragement and playing time is what is needed and each of the 23 players know that they are important.

Some fans jump on these players. and the usual culprits on this site, seem to question players work ethic, desire and character. These players are young men aged 15 to 20, and almost to a person, are the young men, if you had a daughter, you would be comfortable going out with or even marrying. These young men often are also in school. most with very good grades, travelling across Western Canada, pursuing their dream and entertaining us all. I know these young men work their tail off, in the off-season, working out, taking school courses, working and yes even finding time for fun.

DONT question these young men desire or will to play they all want it. If you knew what they went through, you dont know the injuries that they are playing with, what has just happened in their life with their family, at times a thousand miles away or even Europe.

We love to watch Junior hockey we are very lucky to even have a team here just sometimes think about the person under the helmet not the NUMBER or NAME on the jersey.

The succesful teams build all their players and are the coaching staffs/organizations that year after year build TEAMS and MEN.

dodywood4ever
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Hahahah are you kidding me? You want your daughter dating a dub player? Have you ever been in a dressing room? Because every player in that room is going to know EVERYTHING about your daughter. Give your head a shake.

dubfan
12-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Dody of course you would not get the context of the message. It was not about the phrase about the dating the daughter but about the quality of person that most of these young men are. I have been in dressing rooms for forty years and know what goes on but it was not about that. I was just trying to point out that they care they work hard anfd there are lots of factors involved.