PDA

View Full Version : well, what do the canes do at this point?

shushu
12-06-2010, 11:37 PM
does preston shake things up and trade to make this team possibly better or stay with what he has and try to ride out the season and make it in the playoffs....i have a feeling he does not want to part with any of our top 4 picks and a part of me agrees with him...the only problem is there will be hell to pay if this team misses another year in the post season.........any and all opinions welcome....................

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
12-07-2010, 01:35 AM
.....as the pressure of making the playoffs certainly is there for Preston and the organization. I would be very surprised if Preston decided to use one of his high picks in a trade to get better. The Hurricanes will have all hands on deck except for Jackson for their next few games (barring more injuries) and that will certainly give Preston an indication of what to do. The frustrating thing is for Preston and the fans, is that when they play disciplined, get solid goaltending and their work ethic is there for 60 minutes, this team can and has competed with the better teams. They need to get back to playing that way. If there is a trade......likely for an 18 year old forward who can score on a regular basis and a defenseman who can QB the powerplay. Speaking of the powerplay, I wish Daniel Johnston had the green light to shoot on the net.......he has one heck of a shot from the point.

THREE TOUGH ONES: THE JAW, THE WACK AND THE HAT...ALL OVER .500!!!!:bevvy:

caniac # 2
12-07-2010, 03:10 PM
The boys need to stay out of the box , Preston needs to roll all 4 lines and Anderson needs to make a few more saves , he has not impressed me one bit , he was good at the start of season but has cooled off a considerably and he coughs up too many rebounds !!

GO CANES GO

:deadhorse:

Johnnydrum
12-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Well, and forgive me, as I can only listen to the games (and see the video highlights of course online), but from what I have seen/heard so far this season, the team can pretty much play against anyone-hence the canny little streak they got going earlier.
The problems start, for sure with bad penalties, at terrible times in the games.
If they want to play tough, then they need to play extra tough in front of thier own net, and show more discipline in other areas...
I would like to see them tee up and blast on the PP--as they do seem to "dordle"....
Just a view from afar...lol