PDA

View Full Version : VS Ice

Wildeyes
12-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Well tonight the raiders could not convert on the open net. To many penalties killed the legs for the boys.

Tucker play pretty good today the only bad goal was the second one it was a knuckle puck that went up and he slid down.

The rest of the goals our players did not pick up the open man sitting back door. I don't understand why they would dump and chase on the PP and not skate hard to the puck. They dump down deep in Ice zone that lazy skate toward the puck. Ice had all kinds of time on the PK to ice it.

Teskey did what he needed to do to keep the ice in the game.

Raider Believer
12-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Well tonight the raiders could not convert on the open net. To many penalties killed the legs for the boys.

Tucker play pretty good today the only bad goal was the second one it was a knuckle puck that went up and he slid down.

The rest of the goals our players did not pick up the open man sitting back door. I don't understand why they would dump and chase on the PP and not skate hard to the puck. They dump down deep in Ice zone that lazy skate toward the puck. Ice had all kinds of time on the PK to ice it.

Teskey did what he needed to do to keep the ice in the game.

The whole team just handed the game to KI. Anytime a goalie lets in 5 I have a hard time characterizing it as playing pretty good. You're right the PP system sucked, we couldn't gain the offensive zone. Our top guys looked tired. Wonder why? Looks like the fans are losing their early season enthusiasm, only 1800 tonight, and it looked like less.

Dwight Schrute
12-09-2010, 04:04 AM
well i didnt see the game but the ice were 1/5 and the raiders 0/5 on the pp
i also notice balson was a -4. to let 52 shots against isnt great either.

chalk_one_up
12-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Reinhart 4 Raiders 0

That guy was a beast tonight. So was Bruno not behind the bench cause he could foresee being out-coached again? Anyways, giving credit where credit is due, the Ice are ranked 10th in the country for a reason and they displayed that last night. They were fast, tenacious and resilient on the forecheck. They were physical and pretty good in all areas. Teskey looked shaky early on, but settled in and make some pretty good saves overall. If the Ice add a player or two at the deadline, look out. They don't have a team full of superstars, but the one thing they have done is bought into a good system.

The Raiders looked flat from the start and the only Raider(s) who looked anywhere decent on the ice tonight was Danyluk and maybe Deck. A lot of those goals (maybe 4 of them), were not going to be stopped and it didn't help matters any when the guy is alone aside the goal multiple times. The one floater Tucker would like to had back, but the rest were not his fault, but more so defensive breakdowns around the goal. The refing was iffy at times on certain calls both ways, but it was just that, it went both ways, so the loss can only be blamed on a lack of effort and intensity from the start.