PDA

View Full Version : Miller Suspended

Jimbo24
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
http://luberslounge.blogspot.com/
Thats pretty brutal

dagley
12-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Clean as they come, Tochkin has his head down...he made himself vulnerable.

booboo
12-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I'll never figure out how a million dollar league is run by a ten cent managemnent group. That suspension is horse---- compared to some of the hits from behind firstly that never get called by the zebras and secondly do not call for suspensions by the league. Wake up WHL!:p

chalk_one_up
12-10-2010, 11:25 AM
That was a textbook hit. Clean as they come. The WHL continues to be a joke. It's turning into girls hockey.

booboo
12-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Do you suppose the WHL would notice that a lot of fans are pissed at the Miller suspension or would they simply bury their heads in the sand and wait for the flack to go away without any attempt to realize they dropped the ball on this one compared to a lot of other from behind hits that have occured this year. I am very upset at the league on this suspension.:burningmad:

brandonboy
12-10-2010, 11:53 AM
All I can say is WOW! That has to be one of the worst suspensions i have ever seen handed down on a player... So I assume this is a msg to all WHL players that the league will not tolerate clean open ice hitting anymore?

twentyone
12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Terrible. Just Terrible. I have yet to understand the WHL disciplinary group. The suspensions in this league are a joke.

I was just thinking last Blades game I attended and sitting with a buddy in the third period and we both couldn't recall a significant body check in the game. And I said come to think of it I haven't seen many hits all year. Now I see why, I guess you can't.

This is just Brutal, right up there with Molleken getting suspended for 4 games in the playoffs. A Coach! what a joke.

scruffy1
12-10-2010, 01:17 PM
I think everbody but a homer sees this the same way.
Textbook open ice hit. Very little if any "jump" by Miller. Sends the msg that hitting is not worth the trouble.
We are moving to a Euro type game and they can't draw flies.
If you are dissatisfied with going that direction contact some of these folks:http://www.whl.ca/page/whl-staff_89852

lostsheep
12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
:burningmad: thats pathetic, a beautiful open ice hit and he gets suspended. this league has got thier heads up you know where
________
PRILOSEC SETTLEMENT (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

Philz
12-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I am a Rebels fan from the first year (92), that hit looked as clean as they come. We have the 16yr old Dubma here laying out the visiting team every night. All clean hits, and i would hate to see the league crack down on those. If your going to make a suicide pass or skate down the middle with your head down....you better be willing to pay the price. For the WHL to suapsend Miller it is a joke.....

SectionNDeserter
12-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Terrible hockey sense on that play by Tochkin. At most, Dumba has lined someone up from about 10 or 15 feet away this season. How do you not see a guy coming from 40 or 50 feet away like Miller? He wasn't exactly skating full tilt (or taking any strides at all) the whole way, so it would even be a very borderline minor penalty for charging at best.

"In all fairness to Ryley Miller, he was attempting to throw exactly what we are trying to do with the open-ice hit, unfortunately, he did leave the ice. If he had kept his skates on the ice, we would not be talking." - Richard DoerksonReally? Your feet can't leave the ice AFTER making contact with the player you are hitting? When did this rule come into play, because they sure haven't started doing this at the NHL level yet.

A few of these kids are going to have to go out to the parking lot and put some rocks in their pants, because if you hit any player that is the same size as you or bigger, your feet have a very good chance of coming off the ice, and you will apparently get suspended for charging...

Dwight Schrute
12-10-2010, 06:44 PM
what a load of crap !!!

one of the nicest hits i haveseen in a long long time. he didnt leave his feet, it was as clean as you can be

sbtatter
12-11-2010, 05:09 PM
That's a brutal call. Might as well be ballerina's out there if that hit nets a suspension.