PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the new players

west coast
12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Olstad and Moser played their first games as Pats.Olstad wore Gustufssons old number 13,and Moser wore Ashtons former number 25.Olstad took a regular shift including playing the point on one of the Pats power plays.Moser only recieved a limited amount of ice time and it is hard to figure out his impact.Moser was a former second round bantam pick and is touted as being a playmaker.Olstad seems to have lots of jump,agile skater,good hands and sees the ice well making nice passes.Olstad is tiny though and gets bounced off the puck.Olstads energy may make him a crowd favorite .Moser is the key in the trade though.He just needs icetime to prove what kind of player he is.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I have no thoughts since I havnt not seen them play yet. Have you?

It will be interesting to see them both though. Since Olstad is wearing 13, its interesting to see how he compares to gusty. Considering we traded hampus for almost nothing to make room for more size, hopefully this wont look like a lateral move. Though I guess we have Olstad for 2 or 3 seasons opposed to one. Ive always liked energy players buzzing around, so hopefully he plays like his scouting report suggests he will.

I dont know anything about Moser outside that he is unproven. I will be happy if he turns out half as good as Ashton though. Hopefully he becomes an important player here in regina.

west coast
12-13-2010, 02:39 PM
i saw the game on whl live and the Pats played a pretty good road game .They didnt give up the odd man rushes that they normally do.I dont think that Olstad compares to Gustuffson.Hampus was a gritty,more skilled player.I thought Hampus was a solid import and i thought the team like the Swede connection.It looks like back to the drawing board with the second import for next year as Roznik hasnt shown alot.Olstad played a ton in his first game seeing first line duty,while Moser saw a few shifts and really didnt get into any kind of grove playing a shift a period.