PDA

View Full Version : Steven Stanford

twentyone
12-13-2010, 09:31 AM
All this guy does is win. He is like a good luck charm. His overall stats aren't mind boggling but what is mind boggling is his record. Since coming to Saskatoon he is 50-11-3-1. He does have a great team in front of him but so does Morrison and his record in the same span is 26-19-0-4. I have seen flashier goaltenders before like Holtby but Stanford makes the big saves when they count the most and simply wins games. How can you not start this guy 90% of the games. This year he is 16-1-0-0. Thats with missing a few weeks from a concussion.

Even when he isn't his best he makes a key save here and there to keep his team in it and ends up winning the games. Whatever he is doing keep it up. I have never liked the idea of keeping a goalie as an overage player especially when the Blades were stacked with 20 yr olds this year, but now I can see how Lorne couldn't get rid of this guy.

All the guy does is win hockey games. Good on him

lostsheep
12-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree there was a lot of trade talk prior to the season, but there is no way we would be where we are with out him. Keep up the good work and i look forward to a great playoff run.
________
Headshop (http://headshop.net/)

Stanfordfan
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
He has always been a quality goaltender and a quality kid. He is very well disciplined on and off the ice. It is nice to see him finally able to reap the rewards that he was never able to see when he was on the Raiders. The Blades have been good to him and he has returned the favour.

Rye
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
His new gear is sick

Trav
12-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Not discredit the other guys on the team but I don't think the team would be doing as well as they have if they didn't have Stanford. He's been one of their top players all season long.

Quite frankly I think we'll see two NEW goaltenders next year with one of them obviously starting. Right now I wouldn't waste a 20 yr old spot on Morrison. I'd give the three to Trask, Dziurzynski (if he doesn't go pro) and one new guy. Elliott and Hamilton will obviously both be gone unless the Oilers do us a favor and send Hamilton back for his overage season.

lordstanley
12-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Well Curtis Hamilton has survived the first day of cuts with the last cuts comming tomorrow morning he already beat out guys like Howse Vey and Gallagher

Good Luck Curtis !!

BladesFan_2010
12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the team plays differently in front of Stanford than in Morrison? Hey, Renegade....you watch the games from up top, what do you think?

Trav
12-14-2010, 06:46 PM
They do seem to play better with Stanford in net, must be a confidence thing.

RenegadeStylings
12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the team plays differently in front of Stanford than in Morrison? Hey, Renegade....you watch the games from up top, what do you think?

I haven't noticed a huge difference but the idea definitely is plausible. You see it at all levels of hockey, when a team feels confident in their goalie they often play more relaxed which can lead to better results. I think its safe to say the players are definitely confident in Stanford.

lordstanley
12-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Well Blades beat pretty good tonight in the Jaw Stanfords only 2 loses this season has come in Moose Jaw they sure have a way to humbel the Blades when things are going good now still 9 points up on second not bad