PDA

View Full Version : Pats-Kamloops trade

Hitmen1
12-14-2010, 11:38 PM
According to Gregg Drinnan:

Regina trades F Thomas Frazee, 20, to Kamloops for F Shayne Neigum, 20, F Lyndon Martell, 17, and a 2012 third-round bantam draft pick.

http://twitter.com/#!/gdrinnan

patsdude114
12-15-2010, 05:13 AM
a great return for Frazee forsure really like this deal.

animalx
12-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I like this deal too. I'm suprised they haven't thrown in Spooner in any of the last two deals to get an extra draft pick or defenceman.
I really don't think this season is salvageable but with a younger newer lineup next year and hopefully a new coach we may have reason to be optomistic for the future.

lordstanley
12-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey Parker can you hear me ? open up those big dumbo ears and listen to me grab a pen and note pad and start taking notes on what Chad Lang is doing this is how you rebuild a Hockey team

Xmas ideas for Brent Parker GM book for Dummies and how to rebuild you're team for Dummies :dead:

hotdog-pocket
12-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I really like Frazee as a player. Good return for him in this case.

west coast
12-15-2010, 02:41 PM
i love the trade,it brings in another 17 year olf prospect in Martell and the 20 year old is a goon ,and a draft pick.The Pats were fortunate to get more than a bag of pucks for Frazee who no doubt can score but had zero work ethic

patsdude114
12-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I think I have to disagree about Frazee's work ethic, he isn't going to out work guys like Mitchell, Reddin or Jung (don't think Jung gets noticed much as a hard worker) but by no means is Frazee a lazy player. If he was considered a lazy player he wouldn't of got what teams have paid for him in deals this year. We gave up a 2nd pick for him & got more back in return in this trade, lazy players don't get much of a return at all.

west coast
12-15-2010, 03:05 PM
good point,with frazee size and offensive skill,gm,s eyes light up ,but if you want a player that works hard ,wins battles,backchecks and is a team player ....then Frazee is not the man.I look forward to seeing a generic Pats team that hustles and entertains every night.Guys like Martell will be the new faces of the franchise

Sudzy
12-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Always enjoyed watching Frazee.

Gotta wonder why this is his fifth team in his WHL career.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-16-2010, 01:13 PM
He had a rough go early on, but has become a pretty good player. If anything, his perseverance is a good thing.

This is a great trade for the Pats. Pretty good value for a 20 year old, and considering what they traded for Frazee, came out with a great net return.

While Kamloops gets arguably the leagues best all around 20 for a third. a prospect they werent going to use and a throw in. The guy is half the price of Carter Ashton, and basically just as good. He was fun to watch, as well as one of the better players I have seen come through here. I would not be surprised if he gets a contract by the seasons end.

lordstanley
12-16-2010, 01:22 PM
To me Frazee doing good now is not a huge suprise he was always highly touted as a bantam player he went 11th overall in the 2005 bantam draft to Portland perhaps a little bit of a late bloomer but is now living up to his expectations not to mention when he first came up he was in the Portland franchise who were having huge problems at the time it's good to see him doing great now he is playing closer to his home town to finnish his WHL career up i agree with SAJ i think he will and should get a contract after this season

west coast
12-16-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree that the Pats did well by trading Frazee.I do though must argue the point that Some Arrogant Jerk stated- that Frazee was arguably the best 20 year old in the dub.Thomas will no doubt get a contract and further his hockey career.However,the list of 20 year old players better than Frazee is large.Wudrick ,Hickmott,Tyler Johnson,Novotny,Reddick , to name a few.The players also must be accountable for the Pats horrid record as Frazee had the luxury of playing two line hockey and recieiving ample pp time.The Pats are second to last in the league so let us not retire Frazee,s jersey based on his performance with the Pats.
He had a rough go early on, but has become a pretty good player. If anything, his perseverance is a good thing.

This is a great trade for the Pats. Pretty good value for a 20 year old, and considering what they traded for Frazee, came out with a great net return.

While Kamloops gets arguably the leagues best all around 20 for a third. a prospect they werent going to use and a throw in. The guy is half the price of Carter Ashton, and basically just as good. He was fun to watch, as well as one of the better players I have seen come through here. I would not be surprised if he gets a contract by the seasons end.

patsdude114
12-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I think u need to re-read SAJ comment about Frazee... he didnt state he was the best 20 year old player in the league, he stated the best ALL AROUND 20 yr old in the league... there is a huge difference.

Also u dont think that Frazee will be getting top PP line time in Kamloops? Just cuz he was on the Pats doesnt mean he wouldnt see top PP time on any other team. His size, his hands, his vision plus he is actually a center not a RW only reason he didnt take regular draws is cuz the Pats are receiving development money from LA to develop Weal as a centerman, Frazee was there to give Weal some skill to play with which also helps develop Weal.

Kamloops does NOT legitly have a #1 C which is why they got Frazee, Frazee will be skating on the top line as center him & Ranford give the Blazers a very solid 1st line. Schaber will move down to the 2nd line & give the Blazers some scoring depth down the middle, & strengthen all lines.

The Pats are second to last in the league so let us not retire Frazee,s jersey based on his performance with the Pats.

& this comment here was totally pointless

Also on a side note... Martell is joining the Pats after xmas, which i figured would happen as there was no need to bring him to Regina for 2 games & then head back to Prince George for the xmas break to be with his family. Was in todays paper as well on the Pats website.

whlfanatics
12-16-2010, 10:30 PM
I think u need to re-read SAJ comment about Frazee... he didnt state he was the best 20 year old player in the league, he stated the best ALL AROUND 20 yr old in the league... there is a huge difference.

Also u dont think that Frazee will be getting top PP line time in Kamloops? Just cuz he was on the Pats doesnt mean he wouldnt see top PP time on any other team. His size, his hands, his vision plus he is actually a center not a RW only reason he didnt take regular draws is cuz the Pats are receiving development money from LA to develop Weal as a centerman, Frazee was there to give Weal some skill to play with which also helps develop Weal.

Kamloops does NOT legitly have a #1 C which is why they got Frazee, Frazee will be skating on the top line as center him & Ranford give the Blazers a very solid 1st line. Schaber will move down to the 2nd line & give the Blazers some scoring depth down the middle, & strengthen all lines.

& this comment here was totally pointless

Also on a side note... Martell is joining the Pats after xmas, which i figured would happen as there was no need to bring him to Regina for 2 games & then head back to Prince George for the xmas break to be with his family. Was in todays paper as well on the Pats website.

Huh? Schaber is a top line centerman and has set up Ranford all year long. He's gonna be a 90 point player this year. Frazee-Schaber-Bortnak trio at centre is pretty deadly.

As for Neigum, we got him for nothing and he still wasn't even worth that. Martell can score at the Junior A level but really didn't show much in Kamloops so no loss there either.