PDA

View Full Version : 7 healthy forwards tonight for SC...

Hockey Spy
12-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Read the Shawn Mullin blog, what an unfortunate case the Broncos are going through, wow!

http://shawnmullin.wordpress.com/

Broncos forwards not playing tonight
Brendan Silvester
Cody Eakin
Stepan Novotny
Brad Hoban
Dillon Wagner
Killion Hutt
Josh Derko

Defenseman:
Tanner Muth

Broncos forwards Playing
Justin Dowling - 20
Taylor Vause - 19
Jordan Peddle - 19
Adam Lowry - 17
Andy Blanke - 18
Brandon Bruce -17
Shae Howorko -16
Zac Mackay - 15 AP

Interesting to note that the Broncos only have 1 player (Vause) who is a Right Handed shot playing forward tonight.

-The Broncos are missing 59 goals due to injury and Eakin being away. They will have just 41 goals represented tonight.

BladesFan_2010
12-17-2010, 12:31 PM
7 healthy forwards? Do they have that many injuries? Does this mean they will forfeit or what? You need to explain a bit more on this if you can.

lordstanley
12-17-2010, 01:24 PM
What is their to explain lol

Aasman will make 8 fowards and i think they are gonna call up a couple fowards so they should have atleast 10 fowards still short handed

Hockey Spy
12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Zac Mackay, a 15 year old from Swift Current Midget has been called up, so that makes 8 and lordstanley is right.....Aasman will play forward so that makes 9 or 3 forward lines.

No, they will not be forfeiting the game lol

Toswammi
12-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Its a rough go right now in SC. These injuries are really starting to pile up. Our third line will likely be made of a 15 yr old AP, defensman and a 17 yr old rookie.

When healthy we can roll a solid 4 lines, but when 5 of your top 8 forwards arent in the lineup, it gets tough.

Hockey Spy
12-17-2010, 02:15 PM
A comparable would be for Saskatoon:
Hamilton
Benson
Nicholls
Collins
Trask
Sutter

All out, that hurts.

If the Blades lose tonight, they better not even think about going for it this year.

hotdog-pocket
12-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Hmm...last time these teams met in Saskatoon the Broncos also only played with 10 forwards.

reims
12-17-2010, 10:13 PM
mckay looked real good as a 15 year old for swift...they should get excited about this kid...hes gritty...a benson type player

RenegadeStylings
12-17-2010, 11:19 PM
mckay looked real good as a 15 year old for swift...they should get excited about this kid...hes gritty...a benson type player

The exact comparison I pictured as well. Him and Lowry might have been Swift's 2 best forwards tonight.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-17-2010, 11:38 PM
The Blades would have been in trouble if Swift did not have all of those injuries and Eakin being away. It will be interesting to see what happens trade wise after Christmas.

Backhand
12-17-2010, 11:51 PM
....Blades would of had trouble - I disagree. I thought the Blades played well enough to win tonight. Not toying with... not so speedy creek (on this night) but enough to win.

BLADES vs SWIFT CURRENT... a few more times this season - bring on two healthy teams and play the games. Blades should win most.

Merry Christmas all you/us WHL fans!

lordstanley
12-17-2010, 11:56 PM
I actually thought Peddle was their best foward he was very speedy and beating Zahn all night long Mark Friesen i was very impressed with as well

for the Blades i would say Siemens for sure and Viedensky

And i also disagree if Swift dressed a healthy team we would have not been in trouble at all sometimes when a team is depleted like they were it gives young kids a chance to step up and it makes everyone work that much harder plus i'm sure their coaches were saying emptee the gas tanks tonight as it was their last game before the break