PDA

View Full Version : Civic Center Expansion

Scout
05-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Anybody hear anymore on the expansion of the rink? Last i heard they were way over budget and it was sent back to the planners for a new proposal. With all the cranes and workers here tearing up the city it made me wonder what is actually going on. City council has been really hush hush on when and if it would start. Anybody have any news from coffee row?

Scout

Flathead
05-19-2005, 09:07 PM
I haven't heard anything lately either, hmmmm??? :confused: you would think that it should start some time soon. Have to ask around and see what's up.

Toswammi
05-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm under the impression that the actual expansion will not begin until the end of this coming season, and is to be complete for the home opener of the following year, it kinda seems late to do some work to the building at this stage.
As for the plans, i thought they were supposed to announce sometime this past week, but nothing was said, so i guess they are still going over plans(?). We should here something about it on the news, on a side note, how do people here feel about the city of Regina looking for Prov. government money to expand the Agridome. Kinda errks me, first why should my tax money go into something i will see no benefit from, and second if they do get money, why cant the city of Swift not get any for our expansion. Just thought i'd throw that out for some discussion.

Flathead
05-20-2005, 01:26 PM
I hadn't heard this, but couldn't agree with you more. I'm not really a fan of Regina to begin with and I try not to go there if all possible. Can't see why my tax dollar should go towards "Regina's" Agridome. It's not Saskatchewan's Agridome, can't see them getting money for it. If they do every town or city in the province would want some as well.

CHtoo
05-31-2005, 02:33 PM
I see they are expanding the parking lot at least. :clap:

Scout
05-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes they have started with the parking lot expansion. I was also told the new expansion plans came back yesterday and they look alot more within the budget. Looks like it may happen quicker now and may even start this fall.

Scout