PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes Christmas Wish List

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
12-18-2010, 03:47 PM
As the Hurricanes take their Christmas break, a list of presents/wish list for the Canes could look like this:

A 5 game winning streak to get the team back over the .500 mark: A power play that gets up to 20%: Fewer senseless penalties: Brandon Anderson to get his game back: Mitch Maxwell to stop trying to be fancy by just going to the net or shooting more: More ice time for Ramsay, Tarnasky, Moser: An injury free second half of the season; Finishing with a record over .500 and a playoff spot. Alex Kuvaev to pick up his skating speed: A trade that will bring an 18 year old goal scoring forward to this team and a trade that will send Derek Ryckman anywhere for anything. For everyone on the team to play with the heart and desire of Russ Maxwell.

More fans like the group of white caped crusaders, with their white masks, body paint.......they were having a blast Friday night, even got the wave started.

Ok.....that is my Christmas Wish list!:bevvy::groovy:

Bocephus
12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
R. Maxwell's effort is a treat to watch. You're right about that!
My wish is to go to the Enmax and witness a dynamic type player on the roster. There just doesn't appear to be one.

2speak4all
12-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Yes, they need to get over the .500 mark, and yes their PP could improve, but as I posted in some earlier post, they are playing 60 mins of hockey. They had some success at PP over the past several weeks and hopefully that will return. Their PK has slipped a bit, but was good last night. We hoped that their penalties minutes would reduce and that has happened over t he last few games. M. Maxwell would probably like to get his groove back also. Sometimes gripping the stick too tight just puts on more stress.

Sutter is doing much better than anyone had thought. Don't hear anything from you about the good things that are happening on this team. Negativity breeds negativity as is seen in all the earlier posts. Have heard nothing but crap from a whole of fans on here about the Reddington, Ryckman, M. Maxwell, Braes. Players go thru funks and not making excuses for any one of them, but as a whole and as a team the team has improved in many areas.

As the Hurricanes take their Christmas break, a list of presents/wish list for the Canes could look like this:

A 5 game winning streak to get the team back over the .500 mark: A power play that gets up to 20%: Fewer senseless penalties: Brandon Anderson to get his game back: Mitch Maxwell to stop trying to be fancy by just going to the net or shooting more: More ice time for Ramsay, Tarnasky, Moser: An injury free second half of the season; Finishing with a record over .500 and a playoff spot. Alex Kuvaev to pick up his skating speed: A trade that will bring an 18 year old goal scoring forward to this team and a trade that will send Derek Ryckman anywhere for anything. For everyone on the team to play with the heart and desire of Russ Maxwell.

More fans like the group of white caped crusaders, with their white masks, body paint.......they were having a blast Friday night, even got the wave started.

Ok.....that is my Christmas Wish list!:bevvy::groovy:

Gee, I was at the game last night. Ryckman got hardest working Hurricane, played the entire 5 on 3 penalty kill. blocked the final shot that in that PK when the net was wide open. Were we at the same game? Took a penalty maybe not the greatest thing, but then Oslanski took one also which wasn't the best thing. Kuvaev took a really stupid penalty.

I thought the boys played a full 60 mins and deserved a better fate.

Zamboni, I'm not sure of your credentials, but I don't see you on the Hurricanes bench as an Assistant coach, but you sure do have some negative opinions. I'm not sure you have the skills to teach or coach. I would dare any of you to step forward and offer your opinions under a real name in person to the coaching staff. It is so easy to shoot your mouth off under alias. Let me know where you sit and I would be glad to listen to you in person.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-18-2010, 05:37 PM
upcoming Christmas break OUT OF A PLAYOFF SPOT. Odds are P.A. wins and we lose tonight. That would put us in 9th spot. Yikes!!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Brandon Anderson to get his game back: !:bevvy::groovy:

I am sure Anderson hopes your wish list comes true. Tait is getting, and deserves, his 3rd start in a row tonight.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-19-2010, 12:15 AM
upcoming Christmas break OUT OF A PLAYOFF SPOT. Odds are P.A. wins and we lose tonight. That would put us in 9th spot. Yikes!!!
Yup! we be in 9th place as of this evening, but i think this coming 2011 year we will claw our way back into a playoff spot when Preston finally tweaks the roster. No way any big deals, but depth deals to make the top 8. Talk all we want about 2012-13-14-15 Canes...........The crucial thing for the 2010-11 Hurricanes is to make the playoffs. Two reasons really. One cause it means they played above .5oo% hockey for the rest of 2011 and the 2nd and most important reason is to build confidence for future years. Missing the playoffs this year would be a major blow to this team for this and next year.

TooLoud
12-20-2010, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=2speak4all;159646
Gee, I was at the game last night. Ryckman got hardest working Hurricane, played the entire 5 on 3 penalty kill. blocked the final shot that in that PK when the net was wide open. Were we at the same game? Took a penalty maybe not the greatest thing, but then Oslanski took one also which wasn't the best thing. Kuvaev took a really stupid penalty.

I thought the boys played a full 60 mins and deserved a better fate.

Zamboni, I'm not sure of your credentials, but I don't see you on the Hurricanes bench as an Assistant coach, but you sure do have some negative opinions. I'm not sure you have the skills to teach or coach. I would dare any of you to step forward and offer your opinions under a real name in person to the coaching staff. It is so easy to shoot your mouth off under alias. Let me know where you sit and I would be glad to listen to you in person.[/QUOTE]

You are definitely right on one count...the boys played 60 minutes, and did play good enough to win. But, in my opinion, that is exactly what many of the fans struggle with. I don't think anyone is upset with the team when it gives it's all, leaves everything on the ice, and plays hard. Many players on the team, and members of the coaching staff have publicly stated that this club is not the most talented in the league. With that in mind, this team simply cannot take any nights off and expect to win. They do not have the horsepower to play on cruise control and win the "last one who scores wins" type of game. And, while some good things like less penalties, a better PK and consistent effort have certainly been evident, and appreciated, the fact is there is still some nagging problems. I too was at the game, and I have to agree with Zamboni. Mr. Ryckman is way too soft for his size, and his skating speed and strength have to improve dramatically. I still think he is prone to too many giveaways, and he seems to be caught out of position far too often. I am not questioning the kid's effort, I just wonder if he shouldn't have improved more with a year under his belt. He is not the only problem on the back end, but I think his deficincies are a glaring example of our lack of grit and talent from our rearguards. Saying that a fan doesn't have coaching skills is silly...we are just fans. I'm sure that what's being said is not foreign to the coaches, and I'm sure they share some of the same thoughts. As fans, we are allowed to have an opinion. And, in my opinion, when we get total buy-in from all the players, and a commitment to 60 minute hockey, we are going to see some good results from this group.

moon
12-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Don't hear anything from you about the good things that are happening on this team. Negativity breeds negativity as is seen in all the earlier posts. Have heard nothing but crap from a whole of fans on here about the Reddington, Ryckman, M. Maxwell, Braes. Players go thru funks and not making excuses for any one of them, but as a whole and as a team the team has improved in many areas.

You don't hear many positive things because little to nothing positive happening.

The team is in 8th place not because of its good play but because the other teams in the East are so terrible. If the Canes were in the West they would easily be the worst team there.

I guess the team has somewhat improved in some areas but that is only because of how bad they were last season.

Zamboni, I'm not sure of your credentials, but I don't see you on the Hurricanes bench as an Assistant coach, but you sure do have some negative opinions. I'm not sure you have the skills to teach or coach. I would dare any of you to step forward and offer your opinions under a real name in person to the coaching staff. It is so easy to shoot your mouth off under alias. Let me know where you sit and I would be glad to listen to you in person.

Now people have to be coaches to have an opinion about a hockey team?

That should kill a lot of websites.

Why would anyone have an issue telling the coaches that they are doing a bad job? Are the coaches happy that the team is garbage? I would think that they are as frustrated as many fans.

grainbear
12-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Well it is the time of the season and can we be jolly about our recent results. No ! However, there have been some positives recently . One has to be the performance of Sutter since his return, also the effort level is there. My wish list is for a power play that begins to make others pay for their penalties. This to me is the weakest part of our game. At times we cycle the buck well but forget that most scoring comes from the defense, moving to open lanes and taking shots with traffic in front and forwards paying the price going for the rebounds. I also would like to see more goals from some of our younger players who have certainly moved the puck well but do to experience often do not shoot at the best times or don't shoot at all electing to pass. Not worried about not making playoffs we will be there as long as we maintain discipline, keep healthy and shoot. Merry Christmas

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
...that I was expressing with my Christmas wish list for the Hurricanes. I believe the whole purpose of this forum is for fans to express their opinions on the positives or negatives of the team they care about. I never think of myself as a teacher or coach, and I would not presume to be. I am, and always will be a fan of the Hurricanes. As for "hiding behind a fictious name" we all do when we sign up. Do I want bad things for this club....hell no! Would I like to see things get better so they make the playoffs.....hell yes! By the way, just for your information, if you check past submissions, you will see that I have been far more positive than negative!

If we all have to be coaches to be on here, then they might as well shut this forum down.

Still love the enthusiasm of those fans that came in capes and masks and finally got some life into the building. Hope they come back in bigger numbers!

Merry Christmas All!

grainbear
12-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Well, he came last night and looked like I was good , he left a note and said I needed to wait until next week to see if my last item on the list something to do with the Hurricanes turning the first 4 months into a second half stellar performance completed. Welcome back, Canes and Santa went on to say that it had something to do with a bunch of individuals doing something on the ice every day. Hope he was not talking about reindeer . May the games begin.

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
12-27-2010, 02:20 PM
...would certainly be appreciated by the team and fans if the Canes can start off the second half of the season with two back-to-back wins over Edmonton.
The Canes play 6 games between now and the trading deadline (Jan 10). Getting back into a playoff spot could certainly dictate if the Canes upgrade or not. Trouble is, the club needs to play at least one playoff round in order for the youngsters on the team to get a taste of playoff hockey.

ONE WIN CAN LEAD TO TWO!--SMALL STEPS FIRST!! GO CANES!:bevvy:

shushu
12-27-2010, 11:57 PM
if we are going to get that christmas miracle.....it going to be interesting to see what preston does with 5 games before the trade deadline considering those 5 games are all tough opponents....if they do not do well in the next 5 games maybe its time to move our top end players for youngsters...if and i say if we manage to get into the playoff the blades the ice or the tig's will cut this team into ribbons..................

Bare Bear
12-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't really care at this point, let's just start with one win. I don't care if it is a win that the goalie steals and I don't care if it is a game that the ref hands it to us ( like that will ever happen) and I don't care if we win because the other team is caught up in weather and cannot field a full team!. JUST WIN ONE for a start.

2speak4all
12-31-2010, 12:48 AM
I love your post. Absolutely I don't are how they win, but lets win and I am sure the team is with you on this one!!!

canes77
12-31-2010, 04:54 AM
I agree as well my friends. But one thing bothers me...

Preston, please tell the fans that Kuvaev is injured. Why else would you bench him two games in a row here? Why cut his ice time a month ago after your winning streak ended? Do you not see the correlation? You stop giving your most skilled player decent ice time and the team then loses 16 out of 18, 12 of 13... We have Regina's first round pick, there is no need to keep losing! Face the facts, your PP is dead last in the league, Kuvaev's goals are ALL scored while 5 on 5, yet he is a perfect PP type of player, why not play him then?

No other Cane has more 5 on 5 goals then him. He is flashy and creates offense every time he touches the puck. Even attracted some of my friends who are fans of SKILL and FINESSE to the games earlier in the season... Imagine that, more ticket revenue for the club! Heck, it's his draft year too, I guess you don't want to see him get drafted and boost the club's intake of NHL funds.

Yes, Kuvaev is far from a complete player, but he is great at what he CAN do... when the team did well, he was getting lots of ice time... I won't be upset if 1 of the other 13 hard working/grinding forwards has to sit out or play less in order to play Kuvaev, I don't care if one of the hometown boys has to sit out. Their moms and dads don't control the club! I simply want to see the Canes WIN. They continue to fail without Kuvaev playing... I'm sure you know he made the Russian national team last Christmas, surely you knew coming in he had skill yet wasn't going to be a complete "WHL style" player, will someone tell the fans what's going on...

This all reminds me of 11 years ago... flashing back to something similar, remember how Pavel Brendl "floated" but still beat the Canes almost by himself? You think the Hitmen would have still won the league with a 17 yr old Brendl on the 4th line or in the stands every night?? Not a chance in hell!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

GO CANES GO

shushu
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
why he wasn;t around for the last few games. and why ramsey seems to be a main stay on that line with soffilias and hood..i thought a times that kuv/hood/sofilias was the best line out there hands down.....i guess it hard to get ice time when your playing sutters line 55 minutes of a game................i never thought i'd say this but moon is starting to make sence, at the end of the game last night this team went haywire, sounded almost as stupid as the WWE....if preston cant get his players going and definately cant keep them under control maybe it time to replace the old retard with a coach that can..............

loudi94
01-01-2011, 09:21 AM
why he wasn;t around for the last few games. and why ramsey seems to be a main stay on that line with soffilias and hood..i thought a times that kuv/hood/sofilias was the best line out there hands down.....i guess it hard to get ice time when your playing sutters line 55 minutes of a game................i never thought i'd say this but moon is starting to make sence, at the end of the game last night this team went haywire, sounded almost as stupid as the WWE....if preston cant get his players going and definately cant keep them under control maybe it time to replace the old retard with a coach that can..............

I watched the hilites.....What was Tait thinking?? I'm speechless and frankly embarrassed for him and the organization. Unprofessional doesn't begin to describe this group.

SectionNDeserter
01-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I can understand why Tait would be frustrated. He is a 19 year old backup goaltender on a weaker team, playing what is probably one of his last few WHL games, and his defense was playing horrendous in front of him. The Hurricaine skaters were quite ornery in this one, with them getting warned for cross-checking, punching etc. the Rebel players after nearly every stoppage in play. They were fortunate to not get 5 or 6 more penalties in this one. Preston definitely didn't seem to have any control of his players, unless he was intentionally trying to lose...

loudi94
01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I can understand why Tait would be frustrated. He is a 19 year old backup goaltender on a weaker team, playing what is probably one of his last few WHL games, and his defense was playing horrendous in front of him. The Hurricaine skaters were quite ornery in this one, with them getting warned for cross-checking, punching etc. the Rebel players after nearly every stoppage in play. They were fortunate to not get 5 or 6 more penalties in this one. Preston definitely didn't seem to have any control of his players, unless he was intentionally trying to lose...

As Mr Lahey would say: "It's just the **** icing on a **** cake."

How does this keep happening to this franchise? What's the plan? What will this team look like next season? Two seasons from now?