PDA

View Full Version : Ellis named Team Canada Captain

patsdude114
12-19-2010, 03:44 PM
I dont think there was any doubt that he would be named team captain, he won gold in 09 sliver in 10 & also in those same 2 yrs he won back to back Memorial Cups. The kid knows what it takes to win at an elite level.

Schenn & Cowan named assistant captains, Cowan is definately looking to take on a bigger role then last year. Cowan has worked hard & reminds me alot of Tuebert. Tuebert looked out of place his 1st WJs due to his lack of foot speed & worked hard to get his skating up. Cowan has followed Tuebert in that matter as his foot speed was terrible last year but has improved it drasticly. Cowan is a much more offensive Dman then Tuebert will ever be but witih his reach & improved foot speed can be the shutdown guy Canada needs.

Guy-10
01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow i for one wasnt expecting that result against the USA , Canada rose to the challenge like in the Olympics when they totally dominated the over hyped Russians .Total domination tonite , that defence was awesome , they definitely took it to another level tonite !!!