PDA

View Full Version : What Lorne should do before/and at the deadline

The-Stove
12-28-2010, 05:17 PM
My Father and I were talking in the car while going home today and i checked my phone and i saw the Cunningham trade being talked on twitter. His initial response is that Lorne should make some trades that benefit the team as a real contender. Or how he said it...he should be a GM and proper trades and not wait until 2013. I had the same response. My question is, who should the blades get in the next 2 weeks going towards the deadline. I think that they should get a player like Eakin, Connoly or Howse. What does other think.

patsdude114
12-28-2010, 05:57 PM
I do think a guy like Howse would be a great fit for the Blades, does Chilliwack want to make the playoffs though is the question... Will they set up there future by trading away there premier player?

Im still not too sold on SC trading away Eakin though..... once SC does get healthy & have there full lineup they will be that team that everyone predicted them to finish. I think SC could be the dark horse come playoff time if infact they do get healthy (& stay healthy).

Connelly could/would be a nice move as well, which i do think PG will be moving him to strengthen there final stage of there rebuilding.

Neither guy u mentioned will come cheap & a top prospect will be dealt the other way forsure. If any of the past trades have been an indication the Blades will most likely have to move 1 of there 16/17yr roster players as that really seems to be the trend this year with the deals that have been made involving top WHL star players.

The-Stove
12-28-2010, 06:11 PM
I do think a guy like Howse would be a great fit for the Blades, does Chilliwack want to make the playoffs though is the question... Will they set up there future by trading away there premier player?

Im still not too sold on SC trading away Eakin though..... once SC does get healthy & have there full lineup they will be that team that everyone predicted them to finish. I think SC could be the dark horse come playoff time if infact they do get healthy (& stay healthy).

Connelly could/would be a nice move as well, which i do think PG will be moving him to strengthen there final stage of there rebuilding.

Neither guy u mentioned will come cheap & a top prospect will be dealt the other way forsure. If any of the past trades have been an indication the Blades will most likely have to move 1 of there 16/17yr roster players as that really seems to be the trend this year with the deals that have been made involving top WHL star players.
Who would be a 16/17 player that would fill a sniper/player that has consistent scoring that would be really bring something to the team.Tyler Pitlick, Marcel Noebels, Brendan Leipsic

reims
12-29-2010, 09:48 AM

if connolly moves it will be to stoon....dont forget the family connection here....i personally dont see him moving, pg has a shot at going far into the playoffs themselves

wango tango
12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
how many topics do we need on this?

take a look at the standings. connolly. howse. and eakin are all probably going nowhere. prince george is in a playoff battle, and it would be suicide for them to deal their top star. same for chilliwack. and swift current's gm lamb said if anything they'd be buyers at the deadline not sellers.

i'd love to see schenn in saskatoon. with so few sellers the prices being paid are crazy. my wish list. schenn. or bubnick.

calgary are clearly sellers. regina's cupboard is bare because they are not trading weal. if brandon is in a playoff spot by the deadline maybe they add a defenseman and a vet goalie and take their chances at making a first round upset. lethbridge can't afford to pull the plug on their season. same for prince albert. especially prince albert they'll be buying at the deadline.

Joe Hallenback
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
What he should be doing is getting on the Horn to KM in Brandon and getting both Schenn and Glennie. I take Bews,Olsen,Daae and some draft picks/prospects.

Think of your lineup with

Glennie Schenn Stransky
Nichols Viedensky Hamilton
Dzuirzinsky Benson Collins
Elliot Sutter Johnson

Siemans Elliot
Zahn Dietz
Thrower Coz

Hell I would then go to the Giants and try and get Manning out of them.

You guys would blow everyone away

wango tango
12-29-2010, 02:17 PM
What he should be doing is getting on the Horn to KM in Brandon and getting both Schenn and Glennie. I take Bews,Olsen,Daae and some draft picks/prospects.

Think of your lineup with

Glennie Schenn Stransky
Nichols Viedensky Hamilton
Dzuirzinsky Benson Collins
Elliot Sutter Johnson

Siemans Elliot
Zahn Dietz
Thrower Coz

Hell I would then go to the Giants and try and get Manning out of them.

You guys would blow everyone away

don't want glennie. for schenn i'd pay bews, daae, and a 2011 1st round pick.

The-Stove
12-29-2010, 02:19 PM
how many topics do we need on this?

take a look at the standings. connolly. howse. and eakin are all probably going nowhere. prince george is in a playoff battle, and it would be suicide for them to deal their top star. same for chilliwack. and swift current's gm lamb said if anything they'd be buyers at the deadline not sellers.

i'd love to see schenn in saskatoon. with so few sellers the prices being paid are crazy. my wish list. schenn. or bubnick.

calgary are clearly sellers. regina's cupboard is bare because they are not trading weal. if brandon is in a playoff spot by the deadline maybe they add a defenseman and a vet goalie and take their chances at making a first round upset. lethbridge can't afford to pull the plug on their season. same for prince albert. especially prince albert they'll be buying at the deadline.

So explain to me why a higher placed Vancouver traded arguebly their best player in Cunningham to Portland. Seems to say that chilliwack might be more open to trades than you think.

wango tango
12-29-2010, 02:23 PM
So explain to me why a higher placed Vancouver traded arguebly their best player in Cunningham to Portland. Seems to say that chilliwack might be more open to trades than you think.

compare what chilliwack has done over the last couple of seasons to what vancouver has done. case closed.

The-Stove
12-29-2010, 02:27 PM
compare what chilliwack has done over the last couple of seasons to what vancouver has done. case closed.

Fair enough. Is neimi still a viable trade resource for our team.

wango tango
12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Fair enough. Is neimi still a viable trade resource for our team.

no.

SectionNDeserter
12-29-2010, 02:38 PM
prince george is in a playoff battle, and it would be suicide for them to deal their top star.I agree, also he is only 18 and could conceivably be back next season.

same for chilliwack.Chilliwack not so much. Though I think they are probably about as good as they are going to get for a few years, and they have never had a "winning" season since their inception. They might try to load up and see what kind of damage they can do in the post season.

swift current's gm lamb said if anything they'd be buyers at the deadline not sellers.Dunno when he said this, but what he says, and the reality could be two entirely different things. The fact is, they have a sub-.500 record with only a short time till the trade deadline.

lethbridge can't afford to pull the plug on their season.The team announced their intentions to bid for the 2013 Memorial cup. Most of the players on the current roster will not even be with the team at that point, and I am sure they could stand to have some decent prospects/picks to work towards having a strong lineup if they are ultimately awarded the Memorial Cup.

same for prince albert. especially prince albert they'll be buying at the deadline.At this point they look to be squeaking into the playoffs, if they make them at all. If they can make their team better next year with a deal, I am sure they will swing a deadline deal.

lordstanley
12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
don't want glennie. for schenn i'd pay bews, daae, and a 2011 1st round pick.

To bad we dropped daae from our PPL list

Joe Hallenback
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Is Vancouver bidding on the 2013 Memorial cup?

SectionNDeserter
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Is Vancouver bidding on the 2013 Memorial cup?I haven't heard anything, though they did just host it in 2007, so you would think their chances of being awarded the tournament would be slim if anyone else had submitted a bid.

The-Stove
12-29-2010, 02:51 PM
To bad we dropped daae from our PPL list

When did this happen?

lordstanley
12-29-2010, 03:07 PM
When did this happen?

A month or so back and if you also look on the blades website he isn't listed on their PPL

http://saskatoonblades.com/page/in-the-system

Joe Hallenback
12-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I haven't heard anything, though they did just host it in 2007, so you would think their chances of being awarded the tournament would be slim if anyone else had submitted a bid.

Oh that is right they did host.

Lethbridge and Saskatoon just bidding then? Wonder if Portland,Seattle,Everitt or Tri-City will make a bid?

wango tango
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Chilliwack not so much. Though I think they are probably about as good as they are going to get for a few years, and they have never had a "winning" season since their inception. They might try to load up and see what kind of damage they can do in the post season.

it's ridiculous in the western conference right now. only four points separate last from second place right now.

Dunno when he said this, but what he says, and the reality could be two entirely different things. The fact is, they have a sub-.500 record with only a short time till the trade deadline.

the last game saskatoon played swift current lamb did a big interview with les lazaruk. i'm not quoting exactly, but basically he said the broncos haven't had their full lineup for a lot of reasons during the first half of the season. and that once everyone gets back and healthy, he likes his team a lot, and if anything they would be looking to add a veteran defenseman to help out their young backend. of course lamb could be saying one thing, and planning another.

The team announced their intentions to bid for the 2013 Memorial cup. Most of the players on the current roster will not even be with the team at that point, and I am sure they could stand to have some decent prospects/picks to work towards having a strong lineup if they are ultimately awarded the Memorial Cup.

you're right. unfortunately for lethbridge, they don't have much (imo) in the way of tradeable assets. braes, fyten, maybe reddington.

word is saskatoon, lethbridge, prince george, kelowna, everett and red deer could be putting in 2013 memorial cup bids. i'd quickly eliminate kelowna and everett out of the picture. that leaves saskatoon, lethbridge, prince george, and red deer.

RenegadeStylings
12-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Dunno when he said this, but what he says, and the reality could be two entirely different things. The fact is, they have a sub-.500 record with only a short time till the trade deadline.

Last time the Blades played Swift Current. He basically said that his team has battled so many injuries that he still likes his full roster when it's healthy. And I agree with him. The Broncos really are a very solid team, when they have a full roster.

They could use a defenseman or two. I still think the Broncos are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Division when healthy.

A month or so back and if you also look on the blades website he isn't listed on their PPL

http://saskatoonblades.com/page/in-the-system

When the Blades were in Moose Jaw before Christmas Daae was there talking to some of the players. He was on crutches and his knee was in some kind of brace.

Maybe he suffered a major injury and that's why the Blades dropped him from the list.

wango tango
12-31-2010, 03:00 PM
a couple of quotes from blades gm lorne molleken.

about the trade deadline, "if the price is too high, we won't be involved."

on how a bid for the 2013 memorial cup affects his decisions at the deadline right now, "it plays no part in it."

i don't doubt for a moment molleken has called about schenn, i have to wonder about the price. eakin i'd also think will be too much. what about bubnick in calgary? he's not the same calibre scorer as schenn, he does bring some different things than schenn and playoff experience.

when i look at SectionNDeserter's list on the rebels forum i wonder if there are other teams/players out there that can fit the blades situation. lethbridge, maybe everett.

lordstanley
01-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Cowen with a dirty bertuzzi sucker punch to the head of Elliott im sure this will be talked about for awile

Trav
01-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Someone needs to take Cowen out, dont care how. He's nothing but a pig and will never become anything.

lordstanley
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Someone needs to take Cowen out, dont care how. He's nothing but a pig and will never become anything.

Yep he was the one that ran over stanford last year causing us to take things into our own hands

Nook
01-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Will the Blades go out and acquire a tough guy during the deadline now? Not that I think they need it...

Also, I think this really goes to show how easy it is to get Red Deer off of their game. Play physical on their golden boy. Seems to piss them off greatly... so much so they abandon their game plan and plot revenge. When they're spending their time in the box, get them back on the scoreboard.

It's goals that win games, not fights.

hotdog-pocket
01-02-2011, 10:57 AM
I still think this team needs, and wants more muscle, especially up front.

Darian Dziurzynski is showing he is too important to this team to be the guy always having to fight. He is great at it, but his 19 goals are also huge for the team. They don't need him breaking his hand.

Zahn is the elder-statesman on the blueline, so it shouldn't be his job to be the enforcer either.

Siemens has clearly curtailed his fighting and I am happy about that. He is too important to the Blades to get hurt and he knows it.

Dietz isn't afraid to fight anyone, but he's not in the lineup right now.

This team needs more muscle and I wouldn't be shocked if they added someone like that, even if they don't play in every game.

Trevor
01-02-2011, 11:50 PM
I still think this team needs, and wants more muscle, especially up front.

Darian Dziurzynski is showing he is too important to this team to be the guy always having to fight. He is great at it, but his 19 goals are also huge for the team. They don't need him breaking his hand.

Zahn is the elder-statesman on the blueline, so it shouldn't be his job to be the enforcer either.

Siemens has clearly curtailed his fighting and I am happy about that. He is too important to the Blades to get hurt and he knows it.

Dietz isn't afraid to fight anyone, but he's not in the lineup right now.

This team needs more muscle and I wouldn't be shocked if they added someone like that, even if they don't play in every game.

Should've kept Gogol then, even though he was a complete loose cannon out there. But Collins has been a nice addition to your lineup, at least stat wise.

ElliotFan6
01-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Gogol was in Lorne's doghouse one to many times and was a hot dog, not worth it IMO although it would be nice to have a fighter for sure.

lostsheep
01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
im going to stick my neck out here and i know alot of you will not like what i have to say but....In hind sight Sena would have been a great 20yr old to keep at the expense of Zahn:( . Sorry i love Zahn and think he is a fine player. Sena is a two position utility player who can throw them too. Hind sight is 20/20 and if we knew Gogol was going to be a bonehead after he came back from camp things may have played out a little different. now with that said we could use a enforcer, but he has to be a resonsible player first. I loved the way Randy Mcnaught played he was not a defensive liability, and his overall game improved as a Blade.
________
Family guy forums (http://www.tv-gossip.com/family-guy/)

reims
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM
i really dont think your picking a tougher player with sena over zahn...zahn can fight just as well as sena and is better defensively and you cant replace his leadership on and off ice...so zahn is definitely a better choice...I also dont think the blades need toughness or a "tuff guy" this year...they have team toughness and frustrate teams with hardwork and talent...sure you wont get the intimidation factor we may have had last year, but that didnt get to far when we met up with a more talented team in brandon...if we are not gonna get a schenn, gallagher, eakin type player then we need a good depth player a second line type guy.

Trav
01-03-2011, 05:49 PM
I agree, the Blades don't need a tough guy or more toughness, I think they got a close group of guys and there's enough players on the team that will stick up for their teammates when a guy like Cowen gives out a friggin cheap shot, sure hope that guy gets wasted one of these days.

The Blades need a top end player like Eakin or Schenn and if they don't get that then hopefully they can get two second line forwards to add secondary scoring.

JMoney1988
01-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I do agree with you Trav, molleken needs to try to pursue a top 6 forward, because sure we are getting scoring from our top line of viedensky, nicholls and hamilton/collins, and if we are going to go for it this even though we may get the MC in 2013, pursuing a guy like schenn or eakin might be our best option at this point

trucker
01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
What's Eakin worth to your team? Say he is traded to the Blades, who do you guys see coming to Swift Current? The way he is playing at the Jr's he's gotta be worth something good!!! I see alot of teams going after him so the competition is probably pretty steep I would think.

wango tango
01-04-2011, 01:41 PM
What's Eakin worth to your team? Say he is traded to the Blades, who do you guys see coming to Swift Current? The way he is playing at the Jr's he's gotta be worth something good!!! I see alot of teams going after him so the competition is probably pretty steep I would think.

question is what does swift current need? let's assume it would take more than a high bantam draft pick to get eakin. what kind of prospects would the broncos covet? their defense is pretty young with potential. to me that says forward or goaltending prospects.

for eakin i'd part with a 1st and a top forward prospect. based on going rates right now it might take another mid round pick to actually make it happen.

sectionL
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
question is what does swift current need? let's assume it would take more than a high bantam draft pick to get eakin. what kind of prospects would the broncos covet? their defense is pretty young with potential. to me that says forward or goaltending prospects.

for eakin i'd part with a 1st and a top forward prospect. based on going rates right now it might take another mid round pick to actually make it happen.

Considering what the market is like, ie cunningham and ashton deals, i would say it would be closer to 2 1st round picks and a real good prospect or a 1st a talented 18 right now and a high end prospect. I can't see eakin going for much less.

hotdog-pocket
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Anyone happen to think that the Blades have already got a deal in place to get someone big? There was a rumour floating around about a 5 player deal already in place between the Blades and a team from the BC division.

Ryan Howse?
Brendan Ranford?
Brendan Gallagher?

Just some ideas.

Personally, I would still like the Blades to get Schenn, and I think that could be someting that we still see.

Maybe:

Levi Bews
Hudson Morrison
1st in 2011
Another pick

sectionL
01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Anyone happen to think that the Blades have already got a deal in place to get someone big? There was a rumour floating around about a 5 player deal already in place between the Blades and a team from the BC division.

Ryan Howse?
Brendan Ranford?
Brendan Gallagher?

Just some ideas.

Personally, I would still like the Blades to get Schenn, and I think that could be someting that we still see.

Maybe:

Levi Bews
Hudson Morrison
1st in 2011
Another pick

Gallagher won't be getting moved according to bonner.

Schenn would at least require another 1st on top of that deal

lordstanley
01-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Blades getting closer to a full lineup Deitz is back for tonight olsen and bews back for friday hamilton is a ? mark as they may give him extra rest as he deserves it good to see tho

BladesFan_2010
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Someone said last night they heard from a reliable source that Brandon wanted Bews, Dietz and a draft pick for Schenn.

I don't know how long ago that was from, but we'd maybe need to trade for an experienced D-man if Dietz goes, unless they feel good about playing Stipancik full time?

reims
01-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Someone said last night they heard from a reliable source that Brandon wanted Bews, Dietz and a draft pick for Schenn.

I don't know how long ago that was from, but we'd maybe need to trade for an experienced D-man if Dietz goes, unless they feel good about playing Stipancik full time?

The exact same rumour i heard and posted a week ago...maybe it is true?

BigCat20
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Heard Schenn is coming too! Need a dman or 2 with possible loss of Dietz, & someone to play wing with Schenn & Hamilton! This will definetly shakeup the roster.

Anyone else like the play of H. Morrison? Looks better than Mcgauley....not bad for a 9th rd pick!

hotdog-pocket
01-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Heard Schenn is coming too! Need a dman or 2 with possible loss of Dietz, & someone to play wing with Schenn & Hamilton! This will definetly shakeup the roster.

Anyone else like the play of H. Morrison? Looks better than Mcgauley....not bad for a 9th rd pick!

Morrison is also a year older than McGauley, so that's why he looks better at this point in time. The transition from 15 yrs to 16 yrs is HUGE.

I would love if the Blades pulled a Bews, Dietz, pick trade for Schenn.

The team showed that they can still play pretty solid defensively without Dietz in the lineup and acquiring a depth defenseman probably wouldn't be that hard.

wango tango
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
did i hear bob mckenzie right on tsn. he said don't be surprised, after the tournament is done, if it's announced schenn has been playing with a shoulder separation for most of the tournament. before i'd agree to a deal now for schenn i'd want to know medically how he is. not saying don't do a deal for him, but it might alter how much i'd offer.

hotdog-pocket
01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
did i hear bob mckenzie right on tsn. he said don't be surprised, after the tournament is done, if it's announced schenn has been playing with a shoulder separation for most of the tournament. before i'd agree to a deal now for schenn i'd want to know medically how he is. not saying don't do a deal for him, but it might alter how much i'd offer.

hmm. I never heard that but I had changed the channel pretty early.

That would change things for sure.

ElliotFan6
01-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah he said it during the second intermission but I am pretty skeptical about the accuracy of that statement.

2speak4all
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2011/01/05/16777616.html

Hockey Spy
01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
If Brayden Schenn was going to be dealt, the deal would be announced today. I'm not sure if the shoulder injury will hinder any sort of deal that may have been done or not.

I won't be at all surprised if KM thinks he has what it takes to pull off an upset in the first round and get a few bucks in his pocket.

or

Does the Bestland deal show a sign of things to come?

hotdog-pocket
01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
If Brayden Schenn was going to be dealt, the deal would be announced today. I'm not sure if the shoulder injury will hinder any sort of deal that may have been done or not.

I won't be at all surprised if KM thinks he has what it takes to pull off an upset in the first round and get a few bucks in his pocket.

or

Does the Bestland deal show a sign of things to come?

I highly doubt Schenn is dealt today, especially with the fact that the Wheaties are playing up the angle of "Welcome home Schenn" for tomorrow night's home game.

That, according to Luber's Lounge.

lordstanley
01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah no way Schenn is dealt today they will have there welcome home to schenn for tomorrows game in Brandon as Luber says then possibly be traded on monday if that even

Hockey Spy
01-06-2011, 11:03 AM
I for one would be very leary on dealing for Schenn now with him have a separated shoulder. That is something that could hinder him all season long. Really, who even knows where his head is at right now too, it has been such a whirl-wind season for him. I think he needs a good long break.

Trav
01-06-2011, 12:10 PM
I think Id stay away from Schenn now, to risky unless the price tag comes down.

lordstanley
01-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I agree screw Schenn lets try for Eakin or even a Austin Fyten

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes screw the guy who tied for most points ever at the World Junior and had 2 points in the final while playing with a partial separated shoulder :)

lordstanley
01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Lets not get to crazy he is no tavares stamkos hall or eberle yes he racked up the points at the juniors but those others i mentioned i would much rather have, hell i would rather have ryan howse

wango tango
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
gotta go with joe on this.

schenn is the best player available. if i'm molleken maybe i alter my offer slightly. the blades don't need him now (they're going to make the playoffs), they need him in march.

even with the injury have to think it will take two or three high bantam draft picks (some combination of 1st and 2nd rounders), and a top prospect.

hotdog-pocket
01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Schenn showed the injury wouldn't slow him down all that much.

Plus, consider the standings. The Blades are in a fine position to let him rest for 2-3 weeks if thats whats best for him. Give him time to rest and rehab his shoulder.

He is obviously still the top guy available, that much is definitely clear.

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Lets not get to crazy he is no tavares stamkos hall or eberle yes he racked up the points at the juniors but those others i mentioned i would much rather have hell i would rather have ryan howse

Howse is a fine player but he is no Schenn. You need guys that say "get on my back I will carry you" you have plenty of good quality spare parts already. No gamebreakers.

I would say Schenn and Eakin are probably 2 of the best left.

lordstanley
01-06-2011, 12:56 PM
gotta go with joe on this.

schenn is the best player available. if i'm molleken maybe i alter my offer slightly. the blades don't need him now (they're going to make the playoffs), they need him in march.

even with the injury have to think it will take two or three high bantam draft picks (some combination of 1st and 2nd rounders), and a top prospect.

Schenn is the best all around player yes Howse is the best sniper and a power play specialist that we need Howse scored 47 goals last year and 24 already this season and we could get him at a much cheaper price than Schenn

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Schenn is the best all around player yes Howse is the best sniper and a power play specialist that we need Howse scored 47 goals last year and 24 already this season and we could get him at a much cheaper price than Schenn

Chiliwack is not trading Howse. They got 4 games in hand and are only 4 points back of a playoff spot. If anything they will be adding players that franchise needs to make the playoffs badly

lordstanley
01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Ok but you gotta agree that Howse is the better sniper than Schenn and Eakin is he has more career goals than both of them and the Blades need that type of player we have alot of hard working mini Schenns

lordstanley
01-06-2011, 01:01 PM
I guess we will just wait and see what Monday brings i just hope we add a elite foward is all

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I think you guys will but its hard to say with Molleken

saskatoonman
01-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Brett Connolly, this kid is a great player. I think that we will land this kid just because of the ties that we have with Prince George.

wango tango
01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Ok but you gotta agree that Howse is the better sniper than Schenn and Eakin is he has more career goals than both of them and the Blades need that type of player we have alot of hard working mini Schenns

sorry but no. even on howse's best day he still isn't in schenn's ballpark.

forget about their individual resume's, take a look at team accomplishments with those players. schenn has memorial cup and world junior experience.

don't get me wrong adding a player like howse would be a benefit, not as much as schenn. besides chilliwack isn't selling, if anything they're buying.

with schenn's injury maybe mccrimmon has to send some kind of mid round pick back as compensation.

Hockey Spy
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Well said!

Not sure why everyone is down on Schenn now. He is hands down a better player than Howse. All you have to do is watch a few games of each player to see as such.

With that said, I now don't think we'll hear anything on the Schenn trade front until the doctors give a definite answer as to the severity of the injury.

saskatoonman
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM
sorry but no. even on howse's best day he still isn't in schenn's ballpark.

forget about their individual resume's, take a look at team accomplishments with those players. schenn has memorial cup and world junior experience.

don't get me wrong adding a player like howse would be a benefit, not as much as schenn. besides chilliwack isn't selling, if anything they're buying.

with schenn's injury maybe mccrimmon has to send some kind of mid round pick back as compensation.

Agree with the Howse statement. Also agree with your second statement I do think that mccrimmon should add a mid round pick.

wango tango
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Brett Connolly, this kid is a great player. I think that we will land this kid just because of the ties that we have with Prince George.

connolly isn't going anywhere. prince george is second overall in the western conference. that team needs the playoffs badly.

Hockey Spy
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Howse isn't going anywhere.

Eakin isn't going anywhere.

Schenn is 50-50 at best as McCrimmon feels that Brandon has what it takes to upset and move to the 2nd round with a full lineup.

After that, you have to start looking at: Bubnick, Fyten and Schaber type players.

hotdog-pocket
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
What young players do you think the Blades would have to move to get Schenn?

Hockey Spy
01-06-2011, 01:32 PM
What young players do you think the Blades would have to move to get Schenn?

Here is what it would take to get Schenn:

Ryan Olsen or Dalton Thrower + Darren Dietz or Levi Bews, 1st round pick and another pick or prospect like Brett Stovin.

reims
01-06-2011, 01:35 PM

Ryan Olsen or Dalton Thrower + Darren Dietz or Levi Bews, 1st round pick and another pick or prospect like Brett Stovin.

It wont take that much!...if it does, forget it! theres no way lorne gives up that much...i am still hearing dietz, bews and maybe now a conditional first round pick on the basis schenn plays a determined amount of games for the blades.

Hockey Spy
01-06-2011, 01:40 PM
you're not hearing anything!

Don't pretend like you are some sort of insider, cause you're not.

It will take a Ryan Olsen + Darren Dietz and a pick if not more to get him.

Just feel lucky that Brandon won't be asking for Brent Benson or Ayrton Nikkel!

hotdog-pocket
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM

I doubt it takes THAT much. If it does, Lorne says no way.

I could see one of Olsen/Bews as the centre piece with a prospect thrown in (Morrison/Stovin) and a atleast one first rounder, maybe more.

It wont take that much!...if it does, forget it! theres no way lorne gives up that much...i am still hearing dietz, bews and maybe now a conditional first round pick on the basis schenn plays a determined amount of games for the blades.

Where are you "hearing" this from?

reims
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
you're not hearing anything!

Don't pretend like you are some sort of insider, cause you're not.

It will take a Ryan Olsen + Darren Dietz and a pick if not more to get him.

Just feel lucky that Brandon won't be asking for Brent Benson or Ayrton Nikkel!

Time will tell, if we dont get him i hope no one does

Hockey Spy
01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree...........Time will tell, it always does!

That is something I definitely agree with you on.

I wouldn't rule out Kootenay getting Schenn, if he is moved in the end.

sbtatter
01-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Lets not get to crazy he is no tavares stamkos hall or eberle yes he racked up the points at the juniors but those others i mentioned i would much rather have hell i would rather have ryan howse

If you really like Howse better, your credibility on here is shot

lordstanley
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Never said better at all in fact schenn brings more to the table the reason why i would want a howse type of player is cause eh would come alot cheaper and can score 50 goals we are lacking a sniper i should never have to prove myself again yeesh

1 so so comment about Schenner aka wayne gretzky the world goes A-WALL LOL

Trevor
01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Howse & Schenn play 2 styles. Schenn being a incredible set up man and Howse being a pure goal scorer. Just imagine if the Blades somehow got both of em!!

Connolly isn't going anywhere, PG is way up in the West standings and might even look to be buyers.

I wouldn't count out Red Deer to make a splash of some sorts. I haven't heard anything rumour wise, just my speculation.

SectionNDeserter
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Chiliwack is not trading Howse. They got 4 games in hand and are only 4 points back of a playoff spot. If anything they will be adding players that franchise needs to make the playoffs badlyFour games in hand or not, they are also tied for last place in the entire Western Conference. Teams that are buying or staying put at the deadline are generally not aiming to squeak into the playoffs--ask Regina how that went for them last year. I agree that they probably need to make the playoffs, but missing them altogether or getting those two post-season home games against Portland with those extra players in the lineup could be just as devastating to the franchise. They have some tough decisions to make in the next few days for sure.

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Schenn flying back home to Saskatoon and staying there till he recovers from injury expected to be out 7-10 Days then he will rejoin the Wheat Kings if not traded by then........

JMoney1988
01-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I do agree with you trevor, I would prefer Schenn, but either way if we get him or not, yes, in truth it would be superb, but if Lorne decides not to do anything at the dealine, so be it, I'm fine with the group of guys we, we have won 30 out of 40 games thus far, there is no reason, if we don't get Schenn, that we can't do it without him.... Even still you guys might argue, but that's my point of view.

hotdog-pocket
01-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Interesting news that Schenn isn't even going back to Brandon. Makes me think something is very close to done in the way of a deal.

Maybe he won't be leaving Saskatoon at all, and staying with the Blades.

Toswammi
01-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Just curious here. Are you guys setting your expectations a little high on the fact that he will get dealt to Saskatoon. I mean from all the talk there will be some devastated fans if he doesn't get traded because it is being treated like a fore gone conclusion at this point by some.

Nook
01-07-2011, 01:23 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Schenn is dealt somewhere else, really. It all comes down to who has the best offer for the Wheaties. If Kootenay, Moose Jaw, or someone else has a better offer, then they'll get Schenn. The Blades have been hesitant lately in parting with high potential players just to get a rental.

I think what we need to keep in mind is that the Blades are surprisingly one of the younger teams in the league still. They may see that with the roster they have now (and the players they have in the system) they will be competitive for a few more years.

I'd like to see him as a Blade though. We haven't had a "home grown" player star on the Blades since the Warren Peters/Ryan Keller days. It'd be like Eberle and the city of Regina.

fro14
01-07-2011, 03:02 PM
We need Schenn..... we have no power play..... i am willing to give up bews dietz and a first rounder.... heres why. dietz is aweful, and our first rounder will be pretty much a 2nd rounder cuz well pick 20th, 21st or 22nd probably. id be willing to give up a 2011 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder and also those two brutal players who were wearing cages for us the last couple game( hudson morrison and that mcgauly kid) they looked aweful for glennie and schenn. look at our first line hammy schenn and glennie. schenn and glennie have amazing chemistry together same wit schenn and hammy. this would help our power play a ton also and get more fans to games. whens the last time the blades have really shown there fans they actually wanna try and win a mem cup!!!!!!! this would sure show em:clap: for getting rid of dietz

ElliotFan6
01-07-2011, 03:18 PM
We need Schenn..... we have no power play..... i am willing to give up bews dietz and a first rounder.... heres why. dietz is aweful, and our first rounder will be pretty much a 2nd rounder cuz well pick 20th, 21st or 22nd probably. id be willing to give up a 2011 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder and also those two brutal players who were wearing cages for us the last couple game( hudson morrison and that mcgauly kid) they looked aweful for glennie and schenn. look at our first line hammy schenn and glennie. schenn and glennie have amazing chemistry together same wit schenn and hammy. this would help our power play a ton also and get more fans to games. whens the last time the blades have really shown there fans they actually wanna try and win a mem cup!!!!!!! this would sure show em:clap: for getting rid of dietz

^ This guy just posted what I wanted to, THE TRUTH!!!

Kerry Clark
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Sadly I don't think Brayden Schenn is going to fix the PP. For whatever reason the Blades don't bother with the chase part in Dump and Chase when it comes to the PP.

wango tango
01-07-2011, 03:56 PM

i would disagree completely on your opinion of dietz. and the jury is still out on bews, morrison, and mcgauley.

you haven't even reached a half dozen posts and one of the first things you want to do is pick apart these kids!

yes schenn would definitely help the blades power play, and i can't even imagine what it could cost to get both schenn and glennie in a blades uniform. because you're probably right that it'll take at least one first round pick, probably more like two, and a couple of players going to brandon for schenn.

and i agree i think ownership and management is right in trying to get a player of that calibre. at least they're sending the message that they're trying to make the team a championship contender. but it takes two to dance, and we'll see soon enough if the blades can make a deal with brandon.

lordstanley
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
It's fine if hammy doesn't play tonight only if others like howden eakin johanson don't play if not it's weird hammy told lorne he wanted to play but i guess it doesn't matter

Backhand
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey FRO14! Watch your mouth! Show some couth! "those two brutal players who were wearing cages" "getting rid of..." way too harsh! Have your opinion but come on! :burningmad::burningmad::burningmad:

lordstanley
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow i just checked something out Brayden Schenn wears number 10 no blades in the last 10 years has wornn number 10 i think it may be retired if thats the case what number will he choose if he's a blade ?

fro14
01-07-2011, 04:46 PM
so wano tango you think dietz is relly good?... cuz the games ive seen he makes poor decisions and makes really bad plays.. but if you think hes really good he must be since you have posted more then me. i guess if hes so good kelly mcrimmon would be more then willing to just trade dietz for schenn straight up hey? and backhand you think the cage players looked alright.. they looked horrible i was focusing on mcgauly and he looked really poorly away from the puck. i know there just 15 and 16 but they definetly need to hit the gym. and hit it hard cuz i never seen them even touch anybody and they barely got ice time and were still a combined -8 in the games they played..

rednex50
01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
if those players are so called "aweful" what makes you think Brandon would even want them??

Lets get real. You want a stud...you are going to have to part with "Good stuff". a good young roster player plus prospects and/or high picks. To add Glennie...very slim to no chance.

IMO, it'll cost Collins + a prospect or 2, plus 1st round pick just for Schenn. You want Glennie on top, it, add another 1st round pick in 2012 possibly Roy and other couple 15/16 yr old kids not on the club.

Brandon will want younger talent...not throw aways (like you are insinuating...no idea if that is true or not) for the likes of Schenn and Glennie. Especially Schenn. You saw what the kid did with one shoulder at the World Juniors. It will cost you.

lordstanley
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Don't listen too fro14 i guess he hasn't been to a blades game all year cause darren deitz has been great

lostsheep
01-07-2011, 05:47 PM
wow ive heard some dumb stuff on these fourms but really the Kids in the Cages played well in my opinion. They showed what their strengths were and some of the areas they need to improve. This is a develpomental league isnt it? lets see you jump out there at 15yrs old and be a stand out! Dietz has played very well all season and will continue to get better every game. We do need a little bit more of a offensive punch and Schenn would help. I wouldnt sell the send the future away to the point of no return for him but under the right situations yes pull the trigger.
________
Expert insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

ElliotFan6
01-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Don't listen too fro14 i guess he hasn't been to a blades game all year cause darren deitz has been great

Lol he has been to a lot of Blades games this year and Deitz has been miles below great!!!!

ElliotFan6
01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
wow ive heard some dumb stuff on these fourms but really the Kids in the Cages played well in my opinion. They showed what their strengths were and some of the areas they need to improve. This is a develpomental league isnt it? lets see you jump out there at 15yrs old and be a stand out! Dietz has played very well all season and will continue to get better every game. We do need a little bit more of a offensive punch and Schenn would help. I wouldnt sell the send the future away to the point of no return for him but under the right situations yes pull the trigger.

Hudson Morrisson was good enough for a ninth round pick but that Tim kid showed off zero strengths, why else was he like -5 in five games despite getting no ice time and playing against the other teams ****ty lines? Plus he has 12 points in 35 games or so in Midget AAA, that is LOL worthy from a guy who was drafted in the first round.

fro14
01-07-2011, 06:53 PM
hahaha ya i agree with elliot fan and tim is 15 ryan olsen is 16 olsen is on a whole nother level then this kid is.. and 1 year wont make this kid come anywhere even close to olsen.. that tim guy couldnt even shoot the puck, was weak on the puck, was scared, looked horrible away from the puck. he skated as well as burke gallimore when he was his age hahaha. and im a huge fan of the blades. just because your a fan of a team doesnt mean you cant hate someone off your team.just sayin olsen looks way better then him and hes only a year older then tim. bews does too:D;)

Since1980
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I think that Dietz has been very solid and getting better. For a 17 yr old who has only played a half year in this league, I am very impressed so far. I thought he has been the Blades most improved player this year (especially if you compare now to his training camp last year). If he continues to improve, it would be tough to give up on him. I was anxious to see Morrisson and Mcgaulay but I admit I was dissapointed in what I seen from both of them but they are very young and way too early to give up on them. Not saying that I wouldn't give up any of them for a shot at Schenn but I think it is ridiculous to throw these kids under the bus.

wango tango
01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
so wano tango you think dietz is relly good?... cuz the games ive seen he makes poor decisions and makes really bad plays.. but if you think hes really good he must be since you have posted more then me. i guess if hes so good kelly mcrimmon would be more then willing to just trade dietz for schenn straight up hey? and backhand you think the cage players looked alright.. they looked horrible i was focusing on mcgauly and he looked really poorly away from the puck. i know there just 15 and 16 but they definetly need to hit the gym. and hit it hard cuz i never seen them even touch anybody and they barely got ice time and were still a combined -8 in the games they played..

did i say dietz is 'relly' good? no. do i think he is 'aweful'? no. dietz is a whl rookie who has shown great improvement since joining the team. i could care less if you have posted more or less than i have, doesn't matter, everybody's contributions should have merit. but i have to wonder about any poster who, in his/her first contributions, cuts down players. classy. one of the reasons i've enjoyed this forum over the white board is there has been a certain level of netiquette shown here to date. 'nuff said.

Rye
01-07-2011, 11:18 PM
wango tango are you 5?

I was just about to ask how old you were ...

You're being pretty harsh on the kids that didn't make it. Did you expect them to go out and get hat-tricks? Give me a break, they're 15 & 16 and playing in the regular season against a TEAM that has been together for over half the season where as they had to come up and adapt to the caliber of the WHL and try and learn the Blades system in a few practices.

Give your head a shake.

ElliotFan6
01-07-2011, 11:59 PM
No but I am sure he at least suspected them to be able to skate LOL!

Rye
01-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah because you know, I know a ton of players in the WHL that just learned how to skate this year ...

What were your expectations for these kids if you're so quick to say they're awful?

hotdog-pocket
01-08-2011, 12:48 AM

Hudson Morrisson was good enough for a ninth round pick but that Tim kid showed off zero strengths, why else was he like -5 in five games despite getting no ice time and playing against the other teams ****ty lines? Plus he has 12 points in 35 games or so in Midget AAA, that is LOL worthy from a guy who was drafted in the first round.

You both seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

First of all, Darren Dietz has been very very solid for the Blades this year. At age 17 he has come a long way since last season. He is physical, skates well, makes a good first pass and will fight almost anybody. What else can you ask for?

Out of the Blades 6 defenseman, I think he is actually top 4. Overall I think he might be a better defenseman than Cox is, and is definitely more solid than Thrower is.

Second of all, those "players with cages" played very good hockey, all things considered.

Nobody expected them to come in and hit the scoresheet. If you did expect that, then you had expectations that were set WAY too high.

Morrison was a good hard working player while with the Blades that was nice and physical and always had his feet moving.

McGauley did much of the same, except he showed off some slick hands and nice passing on more than one occasion. He definitely has an offensive mind as a hockey player.

Don't hate on them just because they are physically and mentally immature as hockey players. It's a process.

I admit that they had their struggles defensively, but that is also a process. They got caught on the ice during some situations that the team definitely wouldn't have wanted, and it ended up in the back of the Blades net. That's going to happen, because like I said, it's a process.

I hope you are still here next year to eat crow when McGauley is a rookie with the Blades and progressing very nicely as a young offensive player in the WHL. Because that's what is going to happen next year, if he doesn't get traded this weekend.

ElliotFan6
01-08-2011, 03:13 PM
If Dietz is better then Thrower then why does Thrower get more ice time LMAO? No, I didn't expect them to hit the score sheet at all actually, like I said I just expected them to look like they could skate, I don't even think McGauley even completed a pass to be honest with you. How does a first round pick only manage 12 points in 30 plus games in frickin AAA midget. I would obviously love it if McGauley progresses into a good player considering I do hope for the Blades to win. However, I am not biased and call it as I see it and I saw nothing out of the cages.

fro14
01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
DIETZ a top 4 d man on our hockey club? so you honestly think hes better then thrower.. wow and cox is better then him in my opinion.

hotdog-pocket
01-08-2011, 09:29 PM
If Dietz is better then Thrower then why does Thrower get more ice time LMAO? No, I didn't expect them to hit the score sheet at all actually, like I said I just expected them to look like they could skate, I don't even think McGauley even completed a pass to be honest with you. How does a first round pick only manage 12 points in 30 plus games in frickin AAA midget. I would obviously love it if McGauley progresses into a good player considering I do hope for the Blades to win. However, I am not biased and call it as I see it and I saw nothing out of the cages.

So more ice time automatically means that Thrower is better than Dietz? That doesn't mean anything. Thrower brings alot to the club and I like his game, but he is terribly turnover prone and makes some really glaring mistakes out on the ice. Dietz is not flashy, but is very solid in every aspect of the game.

As for "the cages", I hope you are still here next year to eat some crow when McGauley is having a very solid rookie year for Saskatoon (if he remains a Blade). As for his AAA numbers, he plays on a deep team as a 15 year old in midget. Just because he is a first round WHL pick doesn't automatically mean he is supposed to dominate. He plays on a talented team and isn't seeing time on the powerplay etc.

Get your facts straight before throwing a 15 year old under the bus.

DIETZ a top 4 d man on our hockey club? so you honestly think hes better then thrower.. wow and cox is better then him in my opinion.

Yes, Dietz is better than Thrower. Why is that so shocking? Thrower has much better offensive skills, but that doesn't automatically mean he is a better player. Plus, Dietz is the older player and it shows.

ElliotFan6
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Uh yeah more icetime means Thrower is better then Dietz, are you saying that Lorne plays the ****tier defensemen more or something, how the **** does that even make sense? BTW, you said the exact same thing about eating crow in your last post and I already said I hope I am wrong about him because it would obviously be good for the Blades which is awesome. LMAO so it won't really matter if I'm here to eat crow or not because I want him to be a good player, way to read only what you want.

hotdog-pocket
01-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Uh yeah more icetime means Thrower is better then Dietz, are you saying that Lorne plays the ****tier defensemen more or something, how the **** does that even make sense? BTW, you said the exact same thing about eating crow in your last post and I already said I hope I am wrong about him because it would obviously be good for the Blades which is awesome. LMAO so it won't really matter if I'm here to eat crow or not because I want him to be a good player, way to read only what you want.

It doesn't necessarily mean Thrower is better RIGHT NOW.

There are other reasons why Lorne might play Thrower more than Dietz...

Remember the WHL is a developmental league and Thrower has more POTENTIAL than Dietz does. Ask any scout. Thrower is projected to be a 2-3 round pick in the NHL draft in 2012, Dietz MAY get drafted this year.

It also just fits the pairings better. Thrower provides some offense to the pairing with Zahn, while Dietz provides the defense to the pairing with Cox.

It's fine to think that Thrower offers more to the team than Dietz does, because that is definitely more debatable. Thrower provides nice offensive skills that Dietz definitely doesn't.

BUT, that doesn't mean that Thrower is better than Dietz. Dietz does so many things well, while not being flashy. Dietz may only be a depth defender at this point in time, but he fills that role very very very well and is the better player of the two. He's the exact kind of defender that a championship team needs.

ElliotFan6
01-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't even hate Dietz like I KNOW fro14 (he always complains about him when we go to games LOL) does and see him as better then average for a guy who is a sixth defensemen (in terms of icetime) and maybe he could develop into a good player, at least for the WHL.

hotdog-pocket
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I guess we can agree to disagree.

It would be interesting to see what other people thought.

Who's better, Dietz or Thrower?

fro14
01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
im sorry to all my fellow blades fans! specifically lordstanley, wango tango and the hotdog guy.i hope we can all put this behind us and maybe have a beer together during and intermission!!:):groovy:

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Hey guys, firstly congrats on a great season so far. But a quick comment about your 'cages' and what it will take to pry Schenn from Brandon.
Firstly, the only cage(s) McCrimmon would be interested in is Nikkel, and Lorne is a lot of things, but he ain't stupid. Olsen would also fit the bill along with a first rounder and a couple of solid prospects and a truck load of picks, and even that might not do it. Kootenay is offering more than that already and I think Kelly would rather trade with them.
As for Thrower, awesome player with huge upside, and Dietz is terrific and shows a little more maturity to go with his age. IMHO :p

hotdog-pocket
01-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey guys, firstly congrats on a great season so far. But a quick comment about your 'cages' and what it will take to pry Schenn from Brandon.
Firstly, the only cage(s) McCrimmon would be interested in is Nikkel, and Lorne is a lot of things, but he ain't stupid. Olsen would also fit the bill along with a first rounder and a couple of solid prospects and a truck load of picks, and even that might not do it. Kootenay is offering more than that already and I think Kelly would rather trade with them.
As for Thrower, awesome player with huge upside, and Dietz is terrific and shows a little more maturity to go with his age. IMHO :p

McCrimmon has interest in more cages than just Nikkel. I know that for a fact.

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 03:09 PM
McCrimmon has interest in more cages than just Nikkel. I know that for a fact.

The kid is staying where he is anyway.

BladesFan_2010
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
The Ice just got Eakin from Swift Current for I think 4 listed players and a current roster player in addition to a draft pick.

LORNE, WAKE THE HELL UP AND DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!!!!

BladesFan_2010
01-09-2011, 04:32 PM
For the record, I think that Thrower and Dietz are two different players. If you remember last year, Thrower wasn't much of an offensive threat carrying the puck, he played a stay-at-home style like Dietz is playing this year.

lordstanley
01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
The price is going up bigtime we will have to give up half our PPL list to get schenn it's crazy KM knows it too i say scrap the schenn idea go for some depth players like Bubnick or Fyten

saskatoonman
01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
So Eakin got traded to Kootenay, so all we have left to trade for is Schenn

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
The WHL has finally joined the OHL and Q in auctioning off premier players. I wonder what Schenn is going to get now

Green team
01-09-2011, 04:37 PM
FYI, SC Broncos has made a deal with Kootany Ice, Cody Eakin for some youngsters and draft picks, 1 for 8, any news with the Blades yet?

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 04:39 PM
The WHL has finally joined the OHL and Q in auctioning off premier players. I wonder what Schenn is going to get now

Eakin fetched 3 good prospects, 2 players and a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. Schenn will be much more. But good news for Blades is that the Ice are no longer in the sweepstakes for Mr. Schenn.

patsdude114
01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
The Blades better hurry on Schenn if they truely want him, the next best choice was Eakin & hes already gone. Schenn will be moving out West if Saskatoon doesnt pony up.

The Blades are 1 player away from truely being a true contender, that player would easily be Schenn... Time will tell......

Also a response to the post made as i was typing this out..... Everyone knows that u go after Schenn 1st then work ur way down the list, maybe KM is asking the world for Schenn (especially the day before trade deadline) to see if anyone would bite. KOO moved on & took the next best player in Eakin.... i kind of have a feeling KM ego will be bigger then Parker's last season with Eberle.

hotdog-pocket
01-09-2011, 05:02 PM
If the price is going to be similar for Schenn as it was for Eakin, I'm not sure Lorne will be willing to do it.

ElliotFan6
01-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Holy **** that is one insane package for Eakin.... is Nikkel our top prospect at the moment?

Nook
01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
That's an insane price.

The Blades would be better off dealing for two players who have the offensive potential of Schenn than getting Schenn himself.

Crazy.

hotdog-pocket
01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Holy **** that is one insane package for Eakin.... is Nikkel our top prospect at the moment?

I would say be probably is the Blades top prospect not with the team.

I doubt he gets moved.

ElliotFan6
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah I don't think I wanna part with so much for Schenn, who is obviously better then Eakin. Four prospects, two picks and a roster player...

saskatoonman
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Do you guys think that taking a chance by getting Landon Ferraro would be too risky. I mean the guy has had troubles with injuries all season. In his last came he came out and scored 2 goals. This kid is a former 1st round pick.. What you think? Having him and a guy like Bubnick would be great IMO.

hotdog-pocket
01-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes to Bubnick. No way to Ferraro. No heart and soft as a pillow.

Trav
01-09-2011, 05:41 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what Schenn goes for now. If Brandon is wanting Nikkel I'd walk away, the guy is going to be good. McGauley I have been told plays on a team where the coach doesn't play the young guys much which COULD be why his stats don't look to impressive. Morrison I think will be on the team next year but he could be a guy that Brandon might want since they like Manitoba kids so I'd put him in the deal.

If the Blades get Schenn I think we'll see Sutter and Bews both gone along with Morrison and some picks. Johnson could be gone to in that deal.

As for the Eakin deal, on paper the Broncos got a lot but besides Magnus, Bloom and the picks, don't know much bout the other listed players, sure Cave was a first round pick in 2009 but he's not exactly lighting it up in midget this year. Myland's stats makes him look like a good goaltender so he could be a pretty good prospect for the Broncos.

SectionNDeserter
01-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Yes to Bubnick. No way to Ferraro. No heart and soft as a pillow.He also gets hurt putting on his equipment...

SectionNDeserter
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Cave was Kootenay's 2009 1st round pick and is only 16, and Bloom their 2008 2nd round pick. Throw in a serviceable energy guy in Magnus and a few late rounders, as well as their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks, and you have to wonder just exactly what someone is going to have to give up for Eakin?!?

hotdog-pocket
01-09-2011, 05:52 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what Schenn goes for now. If Brandon is wanting Nikkel I'd walk away, the guy is going to be good. McGauley I have been told plays on a team where the coach doesn't play the young guys much which COULD be why his stats don't look to impressive. Morrison I think will be on the team next year but he could be a guy that Brandon might want since they like Manitoba kids so I'd put him in the deal.

If the Blades get Schenn I think we'll see Sutter and Bews both gone along with Morrison and some picks. Johnson could be gone to in that deal.

As for the Eakin deal, on paper the Broncos got a lot but besides Magnus, Bloom and the picks, don't know much bout the other listed players, sure Cave was a first round pick in 2009 but he's not exactly lighting it up in midget this year. Myland's stats makes him look like a good goaltender so he could be a pretty good prospect for the Broncos.

If I would suspect ANYONE on the Blades to be the centrepiece of a deal, it would be Ryan Olsen, not Bews or Sutter.

I would imagine if the Blades get Schenn it will cost Olsen, 2-3 solid prospects and 2-3 solid picks.

booboo
01-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Come on you Sask posters---Sutter, Bews, and/ or Morrison for Schenn. We want one or more of your top prospects for Schenn--not mid-level prospects. Just think of the public relations bonanza for the Blades if they landed a local boy and arguably the best forward in the Dub. What a power play you guys would have with S Elliot and Schenn!! What do you suppose the economic spin off would be with him in your line-up. He's like the last piece of a huge puzzle. With your goaltending and defence adding Schenn would put you guys over the top. Your attendance figures would hit the roof. You guys would challenge Portland big time.That is the truth of the matter.:clap:

hotdog-pocket
01-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Come on you Sask posters---Sutter, Bews, and/ or Morrison for Schenn. We want one or more of your top prospects for Schenn--not mid-level prospects. Just think of the public relations bonanza for the Blades if they landed a local boy and arguably the best forward in the Dub. What a power play you guys would have with S Elliot and Schenn!! What do you suppose the economic spin off would be with him in your line-up. He's like the last piece of a huge puzzle. With your goaltending and defence adding Schenn would put you guys over the top. Your attendance figures would hit the roof. You guys would challenge Portland big time.That is the truth of the matter.:clap:

All of this is true, but the price still has to be right.

And it's not like Bews isn't one of the teams top prospects. He's a 16 year old who just played at the World Under 17 Challenge, he has some pull in regards to a top prospect status.

But like I said before, if something goes down I bet Olsen is the biggest piece going back to Brandon.

booboo
01-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I have a hard time wondering why you Blades fans are so afraid to part with some of your top prospects? Your time is now. You have an excellent team now--GO FOR IT. You have a plethora of good prospects--loosen up.:clap:

JMoney1988
01-09-2011, 06:22 PM
It looks like we Schenn, I don't know what we got for him, but someone just posted a thread about him, it also says details to come

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Yes Booboo is right we have good depth,and even without some top draft picks for a few seasons a team can still stock the shelves. Braden Holtby was a 9th round pick of the Blades so gems can be found late too.

If the Blades do not get someone alot of people will not be too happy. They know how high the bar is set so GO FOR IT!! 1st placed team this season..... need I say more?

JMoney1988
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
IT IS OFFICIAL, WE GOT SCHENN, looks like twitter says it's true

hotdog-pocket
01-09-2011, 06:39 PM
IT IS OFFICIAL, WE GOT SCHENN, looks like twitter says it's true

So it's official if it's on twitter before the team actually confirms it?

JMoney1988
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I would assume so, then again i could be wrong?

ElliotFan6
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
False alarm boys and girls.

ElliotFan6
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
So it's official if it's on twitter before the team actually confirms it?

Woah bro he was just excited don't hate!!!