PDA

View Full Version : Times ticking.... When are the moves going to start and who's going?

Wheatie Pete
12-29-2010, 12:57 AM
I personally think Schenn is going to Spokane. Cowen and Johnson are in their last years there, they have a good goalie and a fairly solid team to make a run. I could see us getting 2 1st's and Reid Gow(cause we all know KM loves local boys).
I also could see Glennie going to Kootnay for a 2nd , 5th and a prospect.

Wiebe will stay around as Cunningham filled up the last 20 year old spot for a contender.

I also see Bestland being traded for a bag of pucks, just kidding. Or not!

Rocketsfan
12-29-2010, 03:09 AM
I personally think Schenn is going to Spokane. Cowen and Johnson are in their last years there, they have a good goalie and a fairly solid team to make a run. I could see us getting 2 1st's and Reid Gow(cause we all know KM loves local boys).
I also could see Glennie going to Kootnay for a 2nd , 5th and a prospect.

Wiebe will stay around as Cunningham filled up the last 20 year old spot for a contender.

I also see Bestland being traded for a bag of pucks, just kidding. Or not!

Actually Portland traded Bennett in that Cunningham deal so they still have one more 20 spot as Cunningham and Jordan are their only 2 20s. That leaves one more spot for an overager to move.

Boltz9
12-29-2010, 10:07 AM
You have to think it helps the Wheat Kings when all the players they are trying to trade have Memorial Cup experience. Kelly better trade Schenn and Glennie, or else he's gonna hear it from some people.

Joe Hallenback
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Depends on whether those guys want to move or not.

I am hearing from various people that Schenn will be headed to Saskatoon. Glennie might be headed out west and it wouldn't shock me to see Bestland and Wiebe get shipped out as well.

lordstanley
12-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Heck we may have already landed Schenn but i don't think it can be made public untill the world juniors are done

In the crowd
12-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Heck we may have already landed Schenn but i don't think it can be made public untill the world juniors are done

maybe we did

Hockey Spy
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
I think with so many teams being left short-handed while kids are away at the Under 17's, prospects at the Macs and players at the world Juniors that it is quite possible not too many players will be moved until these tournaments are over.

Lordstanley is correct I believe in that there could be a trade agreed upon in principal and won't be announced until the tournaments are done. Really though, who knows, have to wait and see.

Sinbin1
12-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Schenn's Value keeps going up....maybe to much and noone will be willing to be a trade partner...look at what Vancouver got for Cunningham and Regina for Ashton.....gotta be worth more than that!

reims
12-29-2010, 11:30 PM
I think with so many teams being left short-handed while kids are away at the Under 17's, prospects at the Macs and players at the world Juniors that it is quite possible not too many players will be moved until these tournaments are over.

Lordstanley is correct I believe in that there could be a trade agreed upon in principal and won't be announced until the tournaments are done. Really though, who knows, have to wait and see.

hope your right! it sure would be nice to see brayden finish his whl career while playing in front of his hometown and family!

Boltz9
12-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Schenn's stock keeps rising. It was interesting to hear the TSN broadcasters say they didn't believe he would be traded and would finish his junior career where it started, although I don't think they have deep knowledge when it comes to the WHL.

reims
12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
rumours swirling that brandon has an agreement with stoon to send schenn for dietz, bews, and 1st round in 2011...kinda makes sense as dietz didnt dress against pa last night, will be interesting to see if he dresses tonight...as for bews he is in the under 17 tournament right now....seems like a steep price to pay, but schenn may be the best player in junior hockey right now, and with portland getting cunningham the blades are almost forced to make a move....personally i like the move (if it happens)...remember the strong rumours last year that stoon had gotten eberle too during the world juniors and nothing came of it....i hope the rumour is true!

Crush Kill Destroy
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
rumours swirling that brandon has an agreement with stoon to send schenn for dietz, bews, and 1st round in 2011...kinda makes sense as dietz didnt dress against pa last night, will be interesting to see if he dresses tonight...as for bews he is in the under 17 tournament right now....seems like a steep price to pay, but schenn may be the best player in junior hockey right now, and with portland getting cunningham the blades are almost forced to make a move....personally i like the move (if it happens)...remember the strong rumours last year that stoon had gotten eberle too during the world juniors and nothing came of it....i hope the rumour is true!

While it is entirely possible that Saskatoon may end up acquiring the rights to Schenn when all is said and done, it is highly unlikely that Kelly McCrimmon has already completed any deal at this time.

Considering the short time-frame that Schenn was available to the Wheat Kings prior to the World Junior tournament, his true value as a junior player this season was somewhat undetermined. As evidenced by his play (so far) in the World Juniors, his value has appreciated considerably in a short period of time.

I'm not sure why Brandon would be overly interested in acquiring a defenceman as part of a Schenn deal. They have plenty of very good 16- and 17-year old defencemen right now.

reims
12-30-2010, 02:14 PM
seems like you know what your talking about, but then you would also agree you can never have enough good defencenman in your organization, especially young ones who may or may not pan out...Dietz has a lot of potential being on the pp and regular shift with the blades, he is also very tough! a combination most coaches drule over...just ask ruopp from the raiders he still isnt over his concussion symptoms from his tilt with dietz!...by the way i never said the deal was done...that would be a ridiculous statement, but there very well might be a verbal agreement??

Raider Believer
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
While it is entirely possible that Saskatoon may end up acquiring the rights to Schenn when all is said and done, it is highly unlikely that Kelly McCrimmon has already completed any deal at this time.

Considering the short time-frame that Schenn was available to the Wheat Kings prior to the World Junior tournament, his true value as a junior player this season was somewhat undetermined. As evidenced by his play (so far) in the World Juniors, his value has appreciated considerably in a short period of time.

I'm not sure why Brandon would be overly interested in acquiring a defenceman as part of a Schenn deal. They have plenty of very good 16- and 17-year old defencemen right now.

I don't see Lorne selling the farm this year to make a run of it. IMO the Blades are good but are still a year and maybe two years away from winning it all.

Joe Hallenback
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Seems like a good deal for both teams. If that trade goes down then I can see Brandon moving more players. I heard Glennie to either Kootenay or Spokane is a good possibility as well.

I like Dietz solid big kid. Next year our D would look like

Melnychuk Pulock
Fransoo Roy
Dietz Miller
Hunter Waltz

Fransoo and Dietz have a good chance of being late round picks. Pulock and Roy should be draft picks. That defense is going to be fantastic 2 years from now with Fransoo,Dietz,Hunter,Miller as 19 year olds and Pulock,Roy as 18 year olds and 17 old Waltz. Size and Mobility.

Bews is a bit of wild card. He has skill and I like him alot. The 1st round pick is pretty mandatory.

Joe Hallenback
12-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't see Lorne selling the farm this year to make a run of it. IMO the Blades are good but are still a year and maybe two years away from winning it all.

There is a real good chance that they only have 1 guy returning from their top 5 in scoring next year in Nichols. This is the year. Elliot,Zahn,Sanford and Morrisson are also probably gone next year.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-30-2010, 03:16 PM
rumours swirling that brandon has an agreement with stoon to send schenn for dietz, bews, and 1st round in 2011!
Unles Dietz and Bews are top-notch, absolutely can't miss players, that is not going to be enough to get Schenn.
Portland gave up 2 players and a 1st and 2nd for Cunningham. Schenn would cost more than that probably.

Hockey Spy
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM
The only reason why Dietz didn't play last night was because he had emergency apendectimy surgury. He had to go 48 hours without eating solid food and can just now drink liquid. He is aways away.

reims
12-30-2010, 10:43 PM
The only reason why Dietz didn't play last night was because he had emergency apendectimy surgury. He had to go 48 hours without eating solid food and can just now drink liquid. He is aways away.

yes maybe just coincidence...but might work out perfect as he will be ready to go around the same time schenn returns from world juniors

patsdude114
12-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Unles Dietz and Bews are top-notch, absolutely can't miss players, that is not going to be enough to get Schenn.
Portland gave up 2 players and a 1st and 2nd for Cunningham. Schenn would cost more than that probably.

Portland gave up a 20 yr old player in return so their 3rd 20 yr old spot wouldnt be filled with a plug. Portland did give up alot for a 20 yr old but really u can classify Schenn as a 20 yr old as well since this is his last year in the WHL no ifs ands or buts just not taking a 20 yr old slot on the roster.

Schenn's price will be high forsure, & im sure KM will just take whatever the best offer is, you will never get FULL value of a Schenn type player especially for 1/2 a year. This is where stupid ass Parker screwed up, instead of taking the best offer for Eberle he chose his ego & said no offer was good enough for what Eberle was worth. Yes he may of been right that no offer on the table was offering the right value price for Eberle but what did u get for him in return for a franchise that has been spinning tires for the last how many yrs???

KM im very sure wont make this mistake, he will pull the trigger on the best deal offered to him. Will it be fair value for what Schenn should be worth?? most likely not, but KM will make sure he gets the right players to build around.

HockeyGuru
01-01-2011, 10:08 AM
If kelly keeps Schenn and Glennie they make the playoffs.This is money in his pocket because of the ownership factor.$$$$$$$$$$$

Would the Blades want to play Brandon 1st round or would anyone for the matter???
Brandons depth on the list although their forward group isn't great have a tonne of assets in all those young d-men who have played good minutes this year...this puts them miles ahead of Leth,PA and Regina.

If they do Kelly will want players and picks...

Kooteney-has an extra 1st and a tonne of depth on team and list.Them in same conference will mean price will be higher than trading out west

sbtatter
01-01-2011, 11:21 AM
It's been plain to see since training camp that this isn't a playoff team, and that's fine because we're rebuilding. So lets take the xmas present that LA gave us and sell #10 off to the highest bidder. We won't get as much as he's worth because, unlike last year, the dub is only sending 1 team to the mem Cup. I'd trade Glennie also if the value is there.
I don't buy into the train of thought that losing in the 1st round of the playoffs brings our young guys good experience, hasn't done Swifty much good this season has it?
If any team wants to take any of our 20 year olds, please speak up!!!

Johnny Table
01-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Not saying I know this forsure but I was in the same box as one of LA pro scouts yesterday at the Moose game and he was pretty set that LA wants him to stay in Brandon play out the rest of the reg season and the 1st round of the playoff if they make it and then return to the Monarchs for there playoff run as they have one of the best records in the AHL eastern conference and believe they have a good shot at the Calder Cup

Trevor
01-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Not saying I know this forsure but I was in the same box as one of LA pro scouts yesterday at the Moose game and he was pretty set that LA wants him to stay in Brandon play out the rest of the reg season and the 1st round of the playoff if they make it and then return to the Monarchs for there playoff run as they have one of the best records in the AHL eastern conference and believe they have a good shot at the Calder Cup

That's what I've thought for quite a while, that it is in LA's best interest for him to remain in Brandon. But I highly doubt that will happen.

I wouldn't count Red Deer out of the equation, but that's just my speculation.

Boltz9
01-01-2011, 10:38 PM
When is the trade deadline again?

booboo
01-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I think the deadline is Jan. 10th. After the disasterous Alberta road trip I don't think we are much of a threat to the top teams in the playoffs--that is if we make the playoffs. As much as I hate to admit it the time has come to fish or cut bait and trade some of our last year assets such as Schenn and Glennie in order to reload for another year. The future looks bright with the prospects we have on our list, but I do not think keeping Schenn or Glennie when we have a chance to cash in on their value to a contending team is wise. Let's not make the mistake Regina did last year by not trading their assets to rebuild.:frog: Any thoughts guys?

olwpgjet
01-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I think the deadline is Jan. 10th. After the disasterous Alberta road trip I don't think we are much of a threat to the top teams in the playoffs--that is if we make the playoffs. As much as I hate to admit it the time has come to fish or cut bait and trade some of our last year assets such as Schenn and Glennie in order to reload for another year. The future looks bright with the prospects we have on our list, but I do not think keeping Schenn or Glennie when we have a chance to cash in on their value to a contending team is wise. Let's not make the mistake Regina did last year by not trading their assets to rebuild.:frog: Any thoughts guys?

I would agree. I will be extremely disappointed if we don't cash in. We are just too young a team this year to do any damage in playoffs if we even make playoffs. Next year we will still be a relatively young team with guys we have but will be better for year of experience. After paying dearly for Hamonic last year, I hope we can recoup some assets from Schenn, Glennie, Wiebe who won't be back next year . The future looks bright and will be better if K M can work some magic with these trade possibilities

Wheatie Pete
01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Bestland was traded to Vancouver for 20yr old Matt McKay a center. Who will be next. Only 2 periods till Schenn can be traded. Who really thinks Brayden will make it back to Brandon for friday for his welcome home? Not me!

2,5,andagame
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Bestland to Van for MacKay and a 4th rounder.

lordstanley
01-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Wow Bob McKenzie of TSN thinks they will announce after the game that Schenner has been playing with a seperated shoulder the guy is simply amazing

scruffy1
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
How deep will this go?
Bestland is a surprise!

Joe Hallenback
01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Thats a good deal for the Wheaties especially since Bestland has been very poor and it basically frees up the young D to play the rest of the year.

A Center....1 too many now...

lordstanley
01-05-2011, 08:29 PM
So you guys now have 16 fowards this is setting up a trade for us to get schenn and we give you deitz 2 fowards on our roster and a 1st rounder

wango tango
01-05-2011, 09:20 PM
did i hear bob mckenzie right on tsn. he said schenn has been playing with a shoulder separation? when did that happen in the tournament? and will it affect his trade value?

Allin44
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
did i hear bob mckenzie right on tsn. he said schenn has been playing with a shoulder separation? when did that happen in the tournament? and will it affect his trade value?

If he's been able to play with it you'd think he wouldn't miss much more than a month. A team that knows they are going deep in the playoffs wouldn't be too worried.

Different situation, but look what we gave up for Hamonic last year, and how much more severe his injury likely was

Trevor
01-05-2011, 10:01 PM
If he's been able to play with it you'd think he wouldn't miss much more than a month. A team that knows they are going deep in the playoffs wouldn't be too worried.

Different situation, but look what we gave up for Hamonic last year, and how much more severe his injury likely was

Was talking about this once Mckenzie mentioned the shoulder issue, and there's one fairly big difference between the Wheaties last year, and any team this year. KM knew he was still going to be playing in May no matter what happened in the playoffs. If he did hurt his shoulder (which with the way he played I doubt it is ver serious) he won't miss much time I would guess.

SectionNDeserter
01-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Different situation, but look what we gave up for Hamonic last year, and how much more severe his injury likely wasA #5/6 defenseman and a couple of 2nd round picks as I recall, for one of the best defensemen in the WHL. If Schenn is playing with a separated shoulder, then anyone trading for him shouldn't be too concerned, because it didn't seem to be limiting his quantity or quality of ice time in the game.

Joe Hallenback
01-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Probably a minor injury couple weeks rest he will be fine

hotdog-pocket
01-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I will call it right now:

Schenn to Saskatoon

for

Levi Bews, Darren Dietz, Hudson Morrison, 1st rounder in 2011 Bantam draft, another mid pick

Trevor
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Probably a minor injury couple weeks rest he will be fine

As per a LA Kings official, he should be out 10-14 days.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/WorldJunior/2011/01/05/16777596.html

The link was originally posted on ebrandon.

hotdog-pocket
01-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Tomorrow night's game for Brandon was being geared as a "welcome home Brayden" type of thing, but it looks like that has changed.

The 19 year old flew into Saskatoon today, and appears to be staying their for the time being.

His shoulder is expected to sideline him for over a week, and he is expected to join to the team next week.

That is, if he isn't just going to stay in Saskatoon after being acquired by the Blades...

hockeyfan123
01-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Which players will ge re-assigned? We have too many forwards..

Allin44
01-09-2011, 04:58 PM
All I know is that if Schenn doesn`t get traded, after seeing what Speedy Creek just got for Eakin, I am going to lose my ****

mjw22
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
K.M. is asking way too much for schenn thats why the ice moved on .S. C. found a sucker but i dont know if Kelly will considering niether player has won anything .

IceFan16
01-09-2011, 06:31 PM
K.M. is asking way too much for schenn thats why the ice moved on .S. C. found a sucker but i dont know if Kelly will considering niether player has won anything .

The Ice gave up players who could not make the club this year and are 17 years old...The tender they gave up is third on the depth chart for prospects and not to mention the 1st rd pick wasnt even theirs,,,It was Vancouvers, so basically a 2nd 3rd which can always be re-aquired and Magnus....
Better hope the jr.A players can make the jump or the Ice win that trade hands down

booboo
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
My point exactly--I don't think the Ice gave up their top prospects in this trade.

sbtatter
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM

Me think you protest too much.....Schenn just proved to be the best junior player in the world, worth a lot....

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Me think you protest too much.....Schenn just proved to be the best junior player in the world, worth a lot....

And yer gonna love what Kelly got for him!

Allin44
01-09-2011, 11:57 PM
And yer gonna love what Kelly got for him!

What are you hearing? I could make that statement too, everybody knows if hes traded the package is going to be huge

Allin44
01-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Kootenay still has a 1st round pick left this year, and next.

Not sure what the market would be like for Glennie, but maybe there is a fit there?

mjw22
01-10-2011, 12:42 AM
how come no one on here outside of brandon thinks glennies worth trading for

Allin44
01-10-2011, 12:47 AM
how come no one on here outside of brandon thinks glennies worth trading for

It never really looks like he is trying. Top 10 draft pick and didn't get invited to the WJHC camp, wonder why?

But, 50 pts in 40 games is what it is, somebody may be desperate enough.

mjw22
01-10-2011, 01:20 AM
some guys dont have to try. over pt a game attitude maybe dont know

moose
01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Glennie's game has gotten better this year. He is working harder, digging in the corners, scrapping occasionally. he wasn't getting too many points early on when he came back but he's starting to rack them up now. I think his trade value is higher than we might think.

scruffy1
01-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Glennie is better since the Roberts visit.

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Glennie is better since the Roberts visit.

Bingo. Gary "hard work" Roberts has alot to do with Glennie's improved play.

I am about 50/50 that Schenn gets traded to Saskatoon

mjw22
01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
if KM isnt asking crazy picks we could use glennie with howden . but with KMs ego thats why schenn hasnt moved

trojan97
01-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Saskatoon had an offer in on Glennie also. Apparently that deal fell apart last minute.