PDA

View Full Version : Cunner Dealt to Winterhawks

dondo
12-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Necessary Trade Hurts More than Line-up

Craig Cunningham (and a sixth rounder) has been dealt to the Portland Winterhawks for 20yr old Spencer Bennett, 18 yr old (first year WHL rookie) Teal Burns, a first round pick this coming year and second in 2012.

I wish Bonner would have held out for a better prospect, but both are BC boys and coming back closer to home. The trade will give the Giants some highish picks and a bit of depth this season. It also gives Cunner a chance to play with a contender, although he didn't fare too well last night versus the Ams (ouch).

Trust me Winterhawks fans once he gets into your system you will love him, he was a heart and soul player for this team with mad skills and the ability to change games. He knows how to win championships and is one of the hardest workers I have ever seen. I just hope that he hasn't lost a part of his heart leaving Vancouver.

Bonner was quoted as this being "the toughest trade he's ever had to make.."

We lost a good chunk of the team's spirit. It was necessary, but that doesn't make it any easier to take. This is when just business gets muddled up with all sorts of emotional stuff. After watching him grow for five seasons its very tough for me (and I suspect many others) to see him leave.

Section_Z
01-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Yep,
Hard to see him go.
Looks like the team has rallied to the cause with 4 lines scoring, and with the loss of our new captain to boot.
I like Bennet's size and effort so far, seem sto fit in as a Giant very well.
Musil is week to week now, hopefully we will see him back soon.

dondo
01-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Cunner started out slow, but has found a place with Portland, scored only the second team (Portland) hat-trick of the season in one game. Way to go Cunner! You continue to make us all very proud -- win us and them a Memorial Cup