PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline

Dwight Schrute
12-30-2010, 01:32 PM
will any moves be made ? is chilliwack on speed dial lol

i hope a few vets are shopped like button, maybe one of rowley deck.
if we arent going to make the playoffs, bruno could at least sell it off as following the portland example.

medicine hat and swift could maybe use button.

i wouldnt target draft picks as much as i would 94/95 born players who could contribute sooner.

Raider Believer
12-30-2010, 02:20 PM
will any moves be made ? is chilliwack on speed dial lol

i hope a few vets are shopped like button, maybe one of rowley deck.
if we arent going to make the playoffs, bruno could at least sell it off as following the portland example.

medicine hat and swift could maybe use button.

i wouldnt target draft picks as much as i would 94/95 born players who could contribute sooner.

The problem with bringing in 94/95 born players is that Bruno won't play them and give them quality minutes. His idea of ice time for the majority of young players is 3-5 minutes per game, usually starting with a faceoff in our zone then "get the puck out of our zone, get it over the redline, dump it in theirs and change" This is a direct quote from one of our players. And when things don't go perfectly he rants and raves and takes things personally. It was almost impossible for him to mess up McNeil because the kid was good enough and mentally tough enough to overcome the lack of good ice last year, but it was close. Tell me, who else has he developed? No one. Harrison bailed as well as a plethora of other youngsters asking out. And from what I'm hearing, there is a lineup forming to try and get out before the trade deadline, with some surprising names, but they'll be disappointed. The real core of the problem is the board of directors. They need to be real hockey people and not just reactive when things completely blow up as they will when the playoffs are missed again, or even worse, we make the playoffs to be sidelined after 4 straight or something close to that. This would be especially damaging if Bruno trades away some future for an immediate boost to his playoff chances and job security, which is what I am predicting he will do. I think we'll be buyers before the deadline, not sellers. IMO Bruno has no clue where this team is in terms of its maturity, development or ability to compete. Unfortunately, we have missed a whole cycle i.e rising from the bottom with shrewd draft picks and good development to become a top place team, we didn't have that happen, and what we're left with is a dogs breakfast that Bruno makes excuses for instead of looking in the damn mirror. And Dwight, it can't be sold as the Portland example, they were worse than us 3 or 4 year ago and are now one of the top teams in the country, unless people are giving Bruno 5 full years to screw up before he figures it out and then another 5 years to do it right. Problem is it still won't work, the players don't like him and don't respect him as a coach, the latter being the most important.

HockeyGuru
12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
I saw WHL scouts in building taking notes about Raider players especially Button and Rowley.Button is a beaten down kid who has lost some of his swagger and confidence.Rowley and Deck havent been nearly as good this season and that will hurt them if he tries to moves 1 of them.
The lack of 18 yr.old forwards will make for a long year next season,Bruno must do something to address the lack of depth in this area.

My opinion is Button gets moved west and a guy like Bettauer might be moved to a team looking for a depth guy(6th-7th).With Herrod and Parker due to return as 20's maybe a Maylan gets moved out now????

scruffy1
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Bruno looks like a Jr A type coach/ manager. They don't look at or expect anything from the young guys. You can't build a Jr A team on youth as they move on and up.
He's sure not the only coach to let the rooks freeze thier feet sitting for the whole game.
I agree, he will be buying.

Landon
12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
I as the rest of you do not like what is happening with our green an gold. The trade dead line is close and Bruno in my opinion should be a seller. We need 1st and 2nd round draft picks or 16 and 17 year olds now. The Raiders protected list has run dry and the only way to re-build that is by trading key players. I do realize it would be hard to trade 20 year olds so you go to plan B trade 19 year olds. The Raiders have 7 players that are 19, we can only keep 3 next year. The Raiders have some good assets that would benefit other teams going for a run at the title. The only thing that would suck is we would be re-building for the next couple years again.

Dwight Schrute
12-31-2010, 01:05 PM
i would think maylan herrod and parker will be the 3 kept.
we are probably looking at 2 new imports if we can get any to report.

Raider Believer
01-02-2011, 02:27 AM
I keep Sebastian S over Parker. Got a feeling Parker has played his best hockey and would bring a good return

I agree. But I will be hugely surprised if Bruno admits he's made a mess of it for the last three years and becomes a seller. He has an ego of epic proportions and his arrogance will insist on giving up some future for the here and now, which for him means squeaking into the playoffs to save his job. The franchise really needs to let him go before the trade deadline so he can't do any more damage and the new regime can start a rebuild from scratch. But I have little or no faith in the BOD to do the right thing.

Green team
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
And the trades begin. Cody Eakin, SC Broncos to Kootney Ice with multiple players and draft picks, 1 for 8 in total........ What else is going on out there?

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
And the trades begin. Cody Eakin, SC Broncos to Kootney Ice with multiple players and draft picks, 1 for 8 in total........ What else is going on out there?

This takes the Ice out of the Schenn sweepstakes!