PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Trips

Guy-10
01-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Although i have not been down to Seattle since the mid 90's i always enjoyed taking a road trip to Seattle for games .The crowd is electric down there and the old barn was awesome .We even got to shoot the bull with the zamboni guy who throws the salmon on the ice .We went down for the powerhouse Kamloops Blazers playoff run in 95 and man i couldnt believe the language coming out of womens mouth let alone the men .Its funny in the warm up , i swear this a true story , Scott Ferguson skates up to us and hands me his stick , he says "here you guys might need this " and even Mr.Brown comes over and tells us " if anything happens just head back to the dressing room " .We are decked out in our game worn Blazer jerseys , me in my Tucker which believe me was enemy #1 in Seattle , and we were getting some looks .Some big guy with hair down to his waist and proudly wearing his T-Birds colours says to us " we usually fight with out of town fans but you guys seem cool " ..bottom line is we won both games , met some cool people , caught a game puck and i really enjoyed my time at the old barn and enjoyed the city .I miss going down there , the crowd is amazing completely different than a Canadian crowd .It kind of reminded me of watching games at the old Bob Guertin Arena in Hull ,Quebec , rambunctios and loud !!
Do the Birds still play games in the old barn with the square corners ??? I would tell anyone who gets a chance to go to a Birds game in Seattle to do it , it still brings a smile to my face when i think back to those road trips .

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-02-2011, 10:07 PM
The T Birds play in Kent Washington now.

Guy-10
01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Bummer so they dont play in that old rink anymore , too bad .