PDA

View Full Version : Tips Pre-season Tourney Info

Tipped Off
05-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Everett, WA - The Everett Silvertips will be hosting the 2nd Annual Everett Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament at the Everett Events Center during the Labor Day Weekend on Friday, September 2nd, Saturday, September 3rd and Sunday, September 4th. Along with the Silvertips, five other WHL clubs will also be featured during the weekend. The Silvertips U.S. Division foes, Spokane Chiefs, Portland Winter Hawks and Seattle Thunderbirds will participate along with B.C. Division rivals, Vancouver Giants and Kamloops Blazers will also be featured in this year's pre-season tournament.

Three games will be played each day during the weekend for a total of nine games in all throughout the event. The Everett Silvertips will play all of their games at 7:00 p.m. The 2nd Annual Everett Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament schedule and game times are listed as follows:

Friday, September 2nd:
11:30 a.m. Portland Winter Hawks vs. Seattle Thunderbirds
3:00 p.m. Kamloops Blazers vs. Spokane Chiefs
7:00 p.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Everett Silvertips

Saturday, September 3rd:
11:30 a.m. Kamloops Blazers vs. Portland Winter Hawks
3:00 p.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Spokane Chiefs
7:00 p.m. Seattle Thunderbirds vs. Everett Silvertips

Sunday, September 4th:
11:30 a.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Kamloops Blazers
3:00 p.m. Spokane Chiefs vs. Seattle Thunderbirds
7:00 p.m. Portland Winter Hawks vs. Everett Silvertips

In last year's weekend tournament, the Everett Events Center attracted over 12,200 WHL fans during the event. The 9-game tournament ticket package will be $50.00 per person. Contact the Silvertips at (425) 252-5100.

ihlemic10
05-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Thats awesome. Hopefully it will be just as fun as last year. It was intresting when Keith Gerhard was the PA announcer during the non-tips games.

langdak
08-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Need some info about the tourney.

Might as well ask the local people of Everett.

I am still contemplating coming down for the tournament (from Vancouver)

couple of quick questions.

How much availibility is left for tickets?

What are some good hotels with decent rates to stay at?....i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg for the weekend, so some reasonable accomodation recommendations would be great, within a short distance from the Events Center

Thanks in advance guys/girls, i look forward to hearing some info.

Cheers

Kristi
08-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Need some info about the tourney.

Might as well ask the local people of Everett.

I am still contemplating coming down for the tournament (from Vancouver)

couple of quick questions.

How much availibility is left for tickets?

What are some good hotels with decent rates to stay at?....i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg for the weekend, so some reasonable accomodation recommendations would be great, within a short distance from the Events Center

Thanks in advance guys/girls, i look forward to hearing some info.

Cheers

Tickets will be easy to get. I think they go on sale to the general public next week. They will post when they go on sale to the public. Season ticket holders had until today to pay for them.

Hotels.....if you want one within a short distance I would suggest the Best Western Cascadia Inn. You could walk it. It's a few blocks. Not sure what the rate is. There is also the Days Inn on North Broadway (not exactly the best part of town) and you can't walk. And the Travellodge just one block from the arena. Out of those three if I was having to pick I would pick the Best Western.

langdak
08-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks Kristi

Huge help

I guess i have till next week to make my decision seeing as i couldnt even get tickets right now if i wanted them.

I will make sure i say hi to you this year if i see you at any Giants games, i know i saw you a bunch of times last year and wondered why i saw you so many times, but it makes sense now (with your ticket package with the giants)

Cheers!!