PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Look at the East/Central Standings

booboo
01-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Regina Pats have now passed the Wheat Kings in the standings as of Sunday. PA won today and Lethbridge won on Saturday and Swift Current won tonight. These teams are the ones the Wheat Kings need to overtake in the standings to make the playoffs. The Wheats are going to need to start winning now--like the 4 pointer on Tues against PA.:eek:

chalk_one_up
01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't worry about the playoffs. Try getting the top pick in the draft. No sence making the playoffs to lose in 4 straight.

Allin44
01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't worry about the playoffs. Try getting the top pick in the draft. No sence making the playoffs to lose in 4 straight.
Do we own our 1st RD pick or was that part of the Hamonic deal?

wheatiesfan
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
I believe it was a 2nd Round pick that we gaveup this year and a 1st and 2nd rounder in last years bantam draft. I am not giving up on this season yet. The goaltending has to improve to where it was early in the season and the defence must tighten up quite a bit, but they are both capable if they can get it into their heads[or if McCrimmon can get it across to them]. I'm in favour of making the playoffs and getting some experience for our young guys over tanking it for the priviledge of picking first. Losing is a bad habit you don't want to continue any longer than you have to.

booboo
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Do you really think we are going to be a threat to anyone in the playoffs? Your young guys will learn how to lose in the playoffs vs the Blades or the Ice. How are you going to make a contender out of of this team? There are far too many players who have accomplished very little this year--hence their record 9 games below 500. Are these guys all of a sudden going to blossom in the second half of the season? I doubt it very much. I'm afraid the talent isn't there this year. The future looks very good but not the present.I say trade some of your 19 year old assets and retool for next year.:p

sbtatter
01-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Trade, trade and trade for the future. I've consistently said that on here since August, it should be sinking in by now! Why keep the veterans and scrape into the playoffs, only to lose 4 straight. Swifty did that last year and it hasn't helped them any.

Joe Hallenback
01-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Lots of time between now and Jan 10th. I think once the World Juniors are finished you will see some movement. Schenn probably won't play this weekend for the Wheat Kings anyway.

I am still hearing Schenn has been traded so I guess we will see.

fyi I was at the Team West games the last couple of days. Seaman was really good but had a tough time scoring. Lots of good chances. Harms is a really good player kind of surprised he isn't here this year. Will be here for sure next year. Very similar to Walker at this age but probably a better offensive player. Pulock was very good. When he gets stronger he should be a force. Asham was ok. You can tell he came from midget as opposed to junior as he was a little bit weaker then everyone

chalk_one_up
01-04-2011, 10:06 PM
as evidenced by tonight, time to tank for top pick