PDA

View Full Version : Eight games for Cowen

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
From WHL.ca

1/02/11 Josh Cowen Red Deer Eight games for major and g.m. at Saskatoon on January 1I figured between 5 and 10, so came in around where I thought he would get.

So who do we see step up and replace his minutes?

Red celtic
01-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Locke Muller could be the benaficerary of these extra minutes and he adds that physical presence. Now that Josh has put himself back on the sidelines do we trade for that physical forward who will insure that people don't take liberties with our skilled players?

Rebel~66
01-04-2011, 07:30 PM
8 games is probably about right. I figured they might throw the book at Cowen a little more given his past history against the Blades.

As for who steps up, there's any number who could replace Cowen's minutes. Locke Muller for one. There's no worries on that score.

Interestingly, did you notice the $500 fine to Saskatoon for "unsustained request for supplemental discipline versus Red Deer"? What's that about? Lorne moaned a little too much!!!

Rebelsfan13
01-04-2011, 08:09 PM
I think he got off a little lucky but good for the Rebs. As for the unsustained request my guess is that they were not satisfied with the outcome and wouldn't let it go.

As for the other questions I agree Muller gets the opportunity to step up, he is impressing me more and more each time I watch him. I also totally support aquiring that physical presence. I think we need to do this otherwise teams will continue to try and push us around and take liberties with our skilled players like Saskatoon does.