PDA

View Full Version : Lol so the Blades...

Trav
01-04-2011, 08:07 PM
go and request I'm assuming Cowen get suspended for his Bertuzzi like punch to Elliott, Cowen gets suspended for 8 games but then the WHL head office being stupid as usual go and fine the Blades....$500.00 for unsustained request for supplemental discipline versus Red Deer

How the heck does the league justify the fine? I don't get this Doerksen guy. The Blades had every rite to protest. Think they need to get rid of Doerksen, the sooner the better. Maybe he needs his head bashed around a few times, knock some sense in to him.

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
$500.00 for unsustained request for supplemental discipline versus Red Deer.Regina got a $500 fine for this a few seasons ago. It was really vague and I didn't exactly know what it meant then, and I don't know what it means now. Anyone remember why Regina got the fine back then?

By the definition of unsustained, I assume that they either filed a complaint about something that didn't actually happen in the game. Either way, the only thing that really occurred in this game that was subject to discipline, was the Cowen incident--and that would have already been automatically reviewed by the league.

RenegadeStylings
01-05-2011, 12:08 AM
The fine was given because the Blades asked the league to review the incident involving Turner Elson later in the game.

Elson jumped Lukas Sutter right off a faceoff in the third period for further revenge for fighting Nugent-Hopkins. Elson was only given a double minor for roughing.

The Blades thought it was suspension worthy, because he was the clear instigator, and had to pay the $500 for the league to take a look at it.

lordstanley
01-05-2011, 12:43 AM
It almost sounds like a football team losing their timeout if a call is overturned

Upon further review the play on the ice stands elson will be given a double minor for attacking and the Blades will be charged 500 big ones thank you and enjoy the game lol

Rebelsfan13
01-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Where's the video of Elson "jumping" Sutter? I didn't see it but my guess (since the league didn't see anything worth disciplining) that there was no "jumping" involved, maybe challenging another player to dance which wasn't reciprocated. Good to see that Sutter will challenge Hopkins but back down to a heavyweight like Turner Elson (that's sarcasm by the way). I don't think Turner weighs 170 pounds yet lol.

scruffy1
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Most don't know the type of play that made the Sutter name respected as it was a long time ago. This kid shows no sign of having any of that old tenacity that was the Sutter trait. Must have been kind of embarasing right there in Red Deer.

RenegadeStylings
01-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Where's the video of Elson "jumping" Sutter? I didn't see it but my guess (since the league didn't see anything worth disciplining) that there was no "jumping" involved, maybe challenging another player to dance which wasn't reciprocated. Good to see that Sutter will challenge Hopkins but back down to a heavyweight like Turner Elson (that's sarcasm by the way). I don't think Turner weighs 170 pounds yet lol.

There is no video of it because Elson was only given a double minor for roughing. If Elson was given a fighting major, the video would be out there, but that's not what the ref's decided to do.

That was part of the reason why the Blades were so upset because they thought it was obvious it should have been a 5 minute major and an instigator penalty.

Don't doubt the fact that it happened just because you weren't at the game. It's exactly what happened.

And as for Sutter "backing down", he didn't even have time to defend himself during the game because it came right off a faceoff and Elson came up behind/to the side of Sutter. It wasn't much of a fight, I will admit, but it did happen.

hotdog-pocket
01-05-2011, 11:05 AM
There is no video of it because Elson was only given a double minor for roughing. If Elson was given a fighting major, the video would be out there, but that's not what the ref's decided to do.

That was part of the reason why the Blades were so upset because they thought it was obvious it should have been a 5 minute major and an instigator penalty.

Don't doubt the fact that it happened just because you weren't at the game. It's exactly what happened.

And as for Sutter "backing down", he didn't even have time to defend himself during the game because it came right off a faceoff and Elson came up behind/to the side of Sutter. It wasn't much of a fight, I will admit, but it did happen.

I was at the game and I saw it too. It was pretty clear Elson had revenge on his mind. Sutter had just come out of the box and was taking his first shift since coming back on the ice.

It was a faceoff in the defensive zone for the Blades and as soon as the puck was dropped Elson threw his gloves off and came at Sutter.

Sutter didn't have much of a chance to defend himself. He even said so before the next game on the radio that he wouldn't back down from anybody, he just simply didn't have enough time to defend himself because Elson was on him so quick.

I just don't understand why the league would call it a "fine". It's not really like they are getting fined for doing anything. Sounds like they simply had to pay the league in order to get them to look into something that was botched by the refs.

As for the refs, they had no clue that entire game, and let things get out of hand to begin with.

ElliotFan6
01-05-2011, 06:59 PM

LMAO at this moron. I was also there and you don't know **** all about the situation. I love it when people who haven't seen any type of video or anything make comments at these situations, makes them look like idiots and makes me laugh haha.

BladesFan_2010
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
That is a stupid fine the Blades got!

patsdude114
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
so its not ok for Elson to go after Sutter but its ok for Sutter to go & fight Hopkins?? A kid who prob has never been in a fight his whole hockey career... but really to make matters worse Hopkins made that fight a draw easily, which is kind of embarrassing for Sutter i would think, there was definately no clear winner in that fight.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/100576 ive watched this fight about 4 or 5 times now & it definately isnt a clear win by either guy, Sutter couldnt even beat up a star 17yr old in the league & Sutter is nothing more then a plug

hotdog-pocket
01-06-2011, 10:52 PM
so its not ok for Elson to go after Sutter but its ok for Sutter to go & fight Hopkins?? A kid who prob has never been in a fight his whole hockey career... but really to make matters worse Hopkins made that fight a draw easily, which is kind of embarrassing for Sutter i would think, there was definately no clear winner in that fight.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/100576 ive watched this fight about 4 or 5 times now & it definately isnt a clear win by either guy, Sutter couldnt even beat up a star 17yr old in the league & Sutter is nothing more then a plug

Are u serious?

Sutter was highsticked by RNH. That's why he fought him in the first place.

Elson straight up jumped Sutter.

There is a huge difference in how both events started. Get your facts straight, you look like an idiot when you don't.

Since1980
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I have no problem with Elson dropping the gloves with Sutter to stand up for RNH. BUT I don't see any difference with what Elson did to Sutter and what the Blades did to the Rebels in the brawl from last year. Exactly the same and that to me is why I also would have submitted that to the league for review. If it is worth suspensions for all of the Blades, why not for Elson??? Also, after the Cowan incident, Wallin didn't have his players in check? If Molleken deserved 4 playoff games for his actions, Wallin deserved minimum a game for Cowan and Elson combined.

Since1980
01-06-2011, 11:37 PM

RNH stood up for himself and held his own against Sutter, I was impressed but Sutter is also a 17 yr old. He wasn't picking on a young guy and it's not like Sutter is a heavyweight or a goon. RNH was getting into it with Sutter and they fought, big deal. The resulting Cowan incident was a just a joke. I would have given him at least 10 games. If Elliot would have been hurt, that would have been on the news all over the country.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I kind of hope the pats trade for Cowen just to make games between the blades more interesting.

lordstanley
01-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I kind of hope the pats trade for Cowen just to make games between the blades more interesting.

With no parker that means no chance:D