PDA

View Full Version : make a run

mjw22
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
With one of the best protected lists and draft picks do we move some to make a play off run . might only be 1 forward ( schenn ) 1- 19 year old d man away . for sure need new back up goalie

TheMysteryMan
01-07-2011, 04:23 PM
What would be the point? I think the warriors are underrated and have a very good team but I don't think you blow it all up for a playoff run this year because I still think if they do get one or two more guys it won't get them to the memorial cup. They have a team that can go into the playoffs and make some noise and get more experience. I don't see the point in getting rid of our future for this season when our future is bright.

mjw22
01-08-2011, 12:05 PM
a couple draft picks and a couple prospects for a memorial cup run isnt blowing it up . next year theres no heemskirk edwards hood and possibly no McIIrath & howden with nhl teams now taking 19 year olds so then how bright is the future.

TheMysteryMan
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
A couple draft picks won't be enough to put them in contention... I see the warriors maybe making a move or two but just for depth guys. Howden and mclrath will be back next year. Howden is the only one who has a shot at sticking in the nhl and I still can't see that happening next year. This team is set up good for this year and next.

MJ Fan
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
This year is not the year to go for broke. Next year will be an even better year. Howden will be back and so will McIlrath, and Rielly is a year older. This year we should make some smaller moves to play for next year.

mjw22
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
so where is the goaltender thats going to take us on a play off run next year stone sucks and the rest are unproven rookies right now we have proven we can beat stoon - port and if you can get to league finals or mem cup win or lose thats more exp for next year wait for next year and something goes wrong youre done we only have howden mciilrath beach bowman this year & next then you start over in 06 made it to finals lost and after all the top players left we had nothing left to get back there the next year. we have enough depth in our draft picks and list players to make 2 major moves and not hurt the future 25 years is long enough

MJ Fan
01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
He's playing in Calgary right now. Don't give up on a goaltender after playing only 8 games (one of which was a shutout). We sure are good at giving up on our goalies. Bosch, Mathews, Dubyk, Glover, etc. All good goalies that we traded away. Give the kid a chance.

mjw22
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
none of those are or will be top notch whl goalies like heemskirk kuemper bunz etc bosch is ranked 19th other 2 are backups at best and matthews isnt even in the whl. last time we had a goalie this good was brodeur and we didnt do enough then to take advange of it. ive watched enough goalies in 35 years of watching whl hockey to know stone is not a whl goalie let alone a future starter. he has been pulled 3 times after giving up 3 goals in 1st period has a horrible save % we have to score 5-6 goals to win when hes in