PDA

View Full Version : Raider Scenarios

Raider Believer
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
According to a number of sources and scouts that I've talked to the last 48 hrs, the RUMOR mill is:

PA won't be doing a whole lot before the trade deadline. Bruno thinks less is more, plus other teams don't think he has much to offer as a buyer. He has tried some trades but players are refusing to report (what a surprise). Plus, with Brandon trading Schenn, Bruno thinks that might allow PA to squeeze into the playoffs and save his job.

I've also heard that unofficially, Bruno is no longer the coach and in fact has turned it over to Young. Bruno is basically concentrating on destroying the team as GM.

Also rumored, as of right now there are three main contenders for Braydon Schenn. Blades, Americans and Ice. The Ice has offered a kings ransom including the extra 1st rounder from Vancouver, a bunch of other draft picks and prospects, totaling 10 in total! Kelly is waiting to see what else he can get and won't give final answer until the last possible minute.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
According to a number of sources and scouts that I've talked to the last 48 hrs, the RUMOR mill is:

PA won't be doing a whole lot before the trade deadline. Bruno thinks less is more, plus other teams don't think he has much to offer as a buyer. He has tried some trades but players are refusing to report (what a surprise). Plus, with Brandon trading Schenn, Bruno thinks that might allow PA to squeeze into the playoffs and save his job.

I've also heard that unofficially, Bruno is no longer the coach and in fact has turned it over to Young. Bruno is basically concentrating on destroying the team as GM.

Also rumored, as of right nowk there are three main contenders for Braydon Schenn. Blades, Americans and Ice. The Ice has offered a kings ransom including the extra 1st rounder from Vancouver a bunch of other draft picks and a bunch of prospects, totalling over 10 bodies and picks in total! Kelly is waiting to see what else he can get and won't give final answer until the last possible minute.
10 bodies? Hello Overpayment......

mjw22
01-08-2011, 07:32 PM
10 bodies schenn isnt going to make them that good

bigjimmer
01-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Raider Believer,

You seem knowledgeable, (and claim not to be O'brien) so, what would you do with this team? Anholt wasn't the answer, Clarke wasn't the answer, O'brien's picks weren't the answers, so if you were the new GM or coach what would your plan be.

I have said it on here a few times that I like what Campese has brought to the organization as far as a plan, although I may not agree with all his coaching decisions I think he has brought the club in the right direction for the future from the manager side of things. Now, you disagree and that's fair, but what would you do different.

Again, Clarke and Anholt weren't the answers, so what will another new GM and Coach do different?
________
HAWAIIAN RECIPES (http://www.cooking-chef.com/hawaiian/)

sbtatter
01-09-2011, 09:00 AM
10 bodies? Hello Overpayment......

Not overpayment when you see what the hawks had to give up for Cunningham. Whoever gets Schenn gets the best player in the league, he's worth a kings ransom just to ensure he doesn't go to a rival contender

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Not overpayment when you see what the hawks had to give up for Cunningham. Whoever gets Schenn gets the best player in the league, he's worth a kings ransom just to ensure he doesn't go to a rival contender

For every round that a team gets to in the playoffs, they can count on it being worth between $350,000 to $500,000 minimum to them, so sometimes paying dearly is worth it financially. Teams that have deep player lists therefore have the potential to make deals like this and are at a financial advantage. Therefore it is worth developing and paying for cadillac scouting programs because they will more than pay for themselves with potential deeper playoff runs.

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Raider Believer,

You seem knowledgeable, (and claim not to be O'brien) so, what would you do with this team? Anholt wasn't the answer, Clarke wasn't the answer, O'brien's picks weren't the answers, so if you were the new GM or coach what would your plan be.

I have said it on here a few times that I like what Campese has brought to the organization as far as a plan, although I may not agree with all his coaching decisions I think he has brought the club in the right direction for the future from the manager side of things. Now, you disagree and that's fair, but what would you do different.

Again, Clarke and Anholt weren't the answers, so what will another new GM and Coach do different?

Jimmer, the first thing I'd do is deal with a basic reality, that being, that given a choice, PA would not be first, second or even 22nd choice for most players. So to attract and keep players, I would create a culture of respect. Respect for the players and respect for the fans. The players need to feel that they can trust what the coaches tell them, not just the promises before they arrive, but after they get here. They need to be treated like gold. Today's players, unlike in years past, have options (check out today's news on the Flame's former prospect JD Watts). They don't need to be yelled at, ridiculed and have their confidence eroded by a bad tempered ego maniac. I think that Bruno does have some strengths as a manager. Unfortunately, he's created a poisonous atmosphere in the organization which out weighs the good he has, can and might do, and so he needs to go, as does the whole coaching staff, who have been contaminated. City council, which bails out the team financially when necessary, needs to ask the BOD to resign in a systematic way and be replaced by proactive hockey people. There also needs to be a much bigger first Nations presence on the BOD and on the team, not forgetting that half the fans are potential first Nations people. The Raider scouting staff needs to be improved by a wide margin. There's still some residual dinosaurs from O'brien and past regimes that are having too much input, the 2008 draft was still largely O’brien’s responsibility and he picked up gems like Beau Stewart and Brock Balson with his 2nd and 3rd picks. When it comes to drafting every effort should be made to draft Saskatchewan kids for a whole lot of reasons, ease of signing, attendance etc. I would probably shy away from drafting BC players. I'd be giving hard cards to 20 players before Christmas and effectively using APs to round out the roster. After Christmas and heading into the playoff stretch I'd firm up the roster with some extra bodies. Healthy scratches cause morale problems on the team. I wouldn't be using one player to take up a 20 yo spot and import spot. I wouldn't expect my 16 and 17 yo players to be fighters, I'd want them to develop and not worry about being pounded about by some idiot 19 year old. Every kid 12 and under would get in free to games and students 12 - 18 for half price. I'd want the Raiders to be synonymous with family entertainment and fun, creating generational fans. I'd get rid of the ridiculous notion that young players shouldn't handle the puck in the offensive zone until they've played 100 games. They need to develop and gain confidence, play them with players who can help them develop. I'd fire the moronic trainer who has them on a regiment of lifting heavy weights for an hour, right up to 45 minutes before our home games, each and every game, it’s a wonder they have any energy left for the actual games! I'd make it a requirement that every player on the team had to take at least one college or university course by correspondence or online each semester, fully paid for by the team, and I'd have a support network put in place to make sure the players had academic success. I'd have a much tighter relationship with the Mintos, including having them practice at least twice a month with the team and as much as possible AP from their roster. Rather than putting up road blocks for the press, I'd be coaching and supporting the players on how to do appropriate interviews. I wouldn't be keeping forwards who have a total of 3 points or less after 40 games. As for what I'd do immediately. I'd trade Tucker and all but two or three 19 year olds that I'd want for next year. I'd try for prospects (94s and 95s), with size, with emphasis on the back end, I believe teams are built from the net out. I like Williams and the 95 goalie we have Phaneuf (sp?) for the future. Those are a few ideas Jimmer. So fair is fair, what would you do?

jnofish1
01-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Jimmer, the first thing I'd do is deal with a basic reality, that being, that given a choice, PA would not be first, second or even 22nd choice for most players. So to attract and keep players, I would create a culture of respect. Respect for the players and respect for the fans. The players need to feel that they can trust what the coaches tell them, not just the promises before they arrive, but after they get here. They need to be treated like gold. Today's players, unlike in years past, have options (check out today's news on the Flame's former prospect JD Watts). They don't need to be yelled at, ridiculed and have their confidence eroded by a bad tempered ego maniac. I think that Bruno does have some strengths as a manager. Unfortunately, he's created a poisonous atmosphere in the organization which out weighs the good he has, can and might do, and so he needs to go, as does the whole coaching staff, who have been contaminated. City council, which bails out the team financially when necessary, needs to ask the BOD to resign in a systematic way and be replaced by proactive hockey people. There also needs to be a much bigger first Nations presence on the BOD and on the team, not forgetting that half the fans are potential first Nations people. The Raider scouting staff needs to be improved by a wide margin. There's still some residual dinosaurs from O'brien and past regimes that are having too much input, the 2008 draft was still largely O’brien’s responsibility and he picked up gems like Beau Stewart and Brock Balson with his 2nd and 3rd picks. When it comes to drafting every effort should be made to draft Saskatchewan kids for a whole lot of reasons, ease of signing, attendance etc. I would probably shy away from drafting BC players. I'd be giving hard cards to 20 players before Christmas and effectively using APs to round out the roster. After Christmas and heading into the playoff stretch I'd firm up the roster with some extra bodies. Healthy scratches cause morale problems on the team. I wouldn't be using one player to take up a 20 yo spot and import spot. I wouldn't expect my 16 and 17 yo players to be fighters, I'd want them to develop and not worry about being pounded about by some idiot 19 year old. Every kid 12 and under would get in free to games and students 12 - 18 for half price. I'd want the Raiders to be synonymous with family entertainment and fun, creating generational fans. I'd get rid of the ridiculous notion that young players shouldn't handle the puck in the offensive zone until they've played 100 games. They need to develop and gain confidence, play them with players who can help them develop. I'd fire the moronic trainer who has them on a regiment of lifting heavy weights for an hour, right up to 45 minutes before our home games, each and every game, it’s a wonder they have any energy left for the actual games! I'd make it a requirement that every player on the team had to take at least one college or university course by correspondence or online each semester, fully paid for by the team, and I'd have a support network put in place to make sure the players had academic success. I'd have a much tighter relationship with the Mintos, including having them practice at least twice a month with the team and as much as possible AP from their roster. Rather than putting up road blocks for the press, I'd be coaching and supporting the players on how to do appropriate interviews. I wouldn't be keeping forwards who have a total of 3 points or less after 40 games. As for what I'd do immediately. I'd trade Tucker and all but two or three 19 year olds that I'd want for next year. I'd try for prospects (94s and 95s), with size, with emphasis on the back end, I believe teams are built from the net out. I like Williams and the 95 goalie we have Phaneuf (sp?) for the future. Those are a few ideas Jimmer. So fair is fair, what would you do?

now that's called "laying it all out" dont think to many can disagree with that!!

westbeach55
01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
i think if your going to put out a post like this involving attacking certain ppl you should have to put your name and source behind and stop hiding behind "raider believer"

QUOTE=Raider Believer;160478]Jimmer, the first thing I'd do is deal with a basic reality, that being, that given a choice, PA would not be first, second or even 22nd choice for most players. So to attract and keep players, I would create a culture of respect. Respect for the players and respect for the fans. The players need to feel that they can trust what the coaches tell them, not just the promises before they arrive, but after they get here. They need to be treated like gold. Today's players, unlike in years past, have options (check out today's news on the Flame's former prospect JD Watts). They don't need to be yelled at, ridiculed and have their confidence eroded by a bad tempered ego maniac. I think that Bruno does have some strengths as a manager. Unfortunately, he's created a poisonous atmosphere in the organization which out weighs the good he has, can and might do, and so he needs to go, as does the whole coaching staff, who have been contaminated. City council, which bails out the team financially when necessary, needs to ask the BOD to resign in a systematic way and be replaced by proactive hockey people. There also needs to be a much bigger first Nations presence on the BOD and on the team, not forgetting that half the fans are potential first Nations people. The Raider scouting staff needs to be improved by a wide margin. There's still some residual dinosaurs from O'brien and past regimes that are having too much input, the 2008 draft was still largely O’brien’s responsibility and he picked up gems like Beau Stewart and Brock Balson with his 2nd and 3rd picks. When it comes to drafting every effort should be made to draft Saskatchewan kids for a whole lot of reasons, ease of signing, attendance etc. I would probably shy away from drafting BC players. I'd be giving hard cards to 20 players before Christmas and effectively using APs to round out the roster. After Christmas and heading into the playoff stretch I'd firm up the roster with some extra bodies. Healthy scratches cause morale problems on the team. I wouldn't be using one player to take up a 20 yo spot and import spot. I wouldn't expect my 16 and 17 yo players to be fighters, I'd want them to develop and not worry about being pounded about by some idiot 19 year old. Every kid 12 and under would get in free to games and students 12 - 18 for half price. I'd want the Raiders to be synonymous with family entertainment and fun, creating generational fans. I'd get rid of the ridiculous notion that young players shouldn't handle the puck in the offensive zone until they've played 100 games. They need to develop and gain confidence, play them with players who can help them develop. I'd fire the moronic trainer who has them on a regiment of lifting heavy weights for an hour, right up to 45 minutes before our home games, each and every game, it’s a wonder they have any energy left for the actual games! I'd make it a requirement that every player on the team had to take at least one college or university course by correspondence or online each semester, fully paid for by the team, and I'd have a support network put in place to make sure the players had academic success. I'd have a much tighter relationship with the Mintos, including having them practice at least twice a month with the team and as much as possible AP from their roster. Rather than putting up road blocks for the press, I'd be coaching and supporting the players on how to do appropriate interviews. I wouldn't be keeping forwards who have a total of 3 points or less after 40 games. As for what I'd do immediately. I'd trade Tucker and all but two or three 19 year olds that I'd want for next year. I'd try for prospects (94s and 95s), with size, with emphasis on the back end, I believe teams are built from the net out. I like Williams and the 95 goalie we have Phaneuf (sp?) for the future. Those are a few ideas Jimmer. So fair is fair, what would you do?[/QUOTE]

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=westbeach55;160483]i think if your going to put out a post like this involving attacking certain ppl you should have to put your name and source behind and stop hiding behind "raider believer"

Hey, I was asked what I would do differently. This is a hockey forum. Grow up. Obviously some of my points are hitting a little too close to home for you. Plus the vast majority of this posting was about positive changes.

Raider Believer
01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=

Also rumored, as of right now there are three main contenders for Braydon Schenn. Blades, Americans and Ice. The Ice has offered a kings ransom including the extra 1st rounder from Vancouver, a bunch of other draft picks and prospects, totaling 10 in total! Kelly is waiting to see what else he can get and won't give final answer until the last possible minute.[/QUOTE]

The Ice paid a big price for Eakin and are no longer in the bidding war for Schenn.

WestLEAFfan
01-09-2011, 05:03 PM

I like this...a good read overall.:)

mjw22
01-10-2011, 01:33 AM
biggest problem community owned which means BD that generally knows squat about hockey and meddle evey chance they get . we had that for years hoping now its over but until privately owned you never know. young is a good coach . some good ideas your BD should look at .

bigjimmer
01-10-2011, 07:31 AM
You make some sound points RB,

However, I think you hit the nail on the head when you stated it's Prince Albert...it doesn't rank on high on many players or parents radars.

Many of your points are valid, and some I think may be a stretch, as for the Trainer and the heavy weights, I know first hand (from talking with a player at a promotional event recently), they only ride bikes after the game, no mention of weight lifting (but we're splitting hairs). The education thing, this has been offered, but can you force players to attend post secondary and have the team waste money (which they are short on) for a student to waste a spot?

As for Bruno, many on here want to play young guys more, but they also want to see a playoff berth, and if you can't win games with young guys playing more minutes, you aren't going to advance into the post-season....I don't think any coach or GM can win 9fan support in this town).

Overall good comments and some decent points made, but at the end of the day, I still believe a new change of leadership is not the answer, I do think a better solution is for Bruno to take over sole GM duties and Young take over the bench. Derkatch will be a strong talent recruiter and will find quality players with a true desire for the game that do want to play here. Quite frankly, I believe many of the players that have drafted in years past may have some skill, but lack will and a true desire to put it all on the line and lack mental toughness.
________
Fix ps3 (http://fixps3.info/)

scruffy1
01-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Good to see a post with some real positive suggestions. Very unusual these days as many boards just degenerate to trolling and this type of thing is quickly ridiculed. Good on ya.
The organisation you describe reminded me of the reputation the Raiders enjoyed in the early years. Their respect was earned, not demanded. They were the model that Nipawin and Melfort used when they moved to the SJ and they both had success with it.
They were community owned then, so it can be done, but it needs strong leadership and lots of hard work and dedication to the whole to bring it together.
A “culture of respect” is a great catchphrase that requires a dedicated long term effort.
I don’t agree that all 16/17 yr olds have to fight, but have to believe they are part of a tough team. They have to know they are expected to play tough but not chippy.
I’m not sure an affiliation with the Minto’s would be welcomed by them. Scheduling is always presents a problem. Regional SJ team placements of top prospects used to be used.
I expect the predominance of picks from a long ways off was due to the fact that was where to scouts with the strongest personalities resided. The results speak for themselves and that has to change.
Brandon comes in again Wed. with 2 former Minto’s, Fransoo from Battleford and Boes from the Contacts. It’s not hard to see they bring a significant number of friends and relatives out as fans.
I have to believe with Bruno’s kid playing bantam, Sask kids will be shown more respect in the future drafts.

HockeyGuru
01-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Bruno has done a good job coaching what he has had,the biggest problem is the lack of poor scouting in the Obrien years,the list is very weak and the lack of talent in the 92 age group will pose a problem next season.

The whole thing aboout players not coming is overblown,you know before you draft them whether they will report or not.The top kids all have agents and stuff is worked our prior to draft and information is shared.

The BOD needs to change with raiders and and mcfee has to go...they should be seen and not heard.They need to keep their mouths closed and not tell everyone everything that is going on with the team.

Bruno has a world class strength and conditioning coach who comes in and monitors programs set up by himself.If kids don't follow programs nothing will be gained.
The person who mentioned an affiliation with Mintos doesn't know anything,all the top kids are already listed by other teams and the others have chosen usually for age reason to pursue Junior A options

Brunos kid is a good one,and will be a WHL high pic,.probably not for Raiders.PA boasts a strong group of players who will be highly scouted in next couple seasons.hopefully we can get a Duret or a Campese ,Gunnville or Warkentine this year or next.This would help with fan attendance

shop2
01-10-2011, 12:00 PM
hockey guru you should watch some bantam hockey before recomending a couple of those local picks. did you pick penner also. or are you a dad

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Bruno has done a good job coaching what he has had,the biggest problem is the lack of poor scouting in the Obrien years,the list is very weak and the lack of talent in the 92 age group will pose a problem next season.

The whole thing aboout players not coming is overblown,you know before you draft them whether they will report or not.The top kids all have agents and stuff is worked our prior to draft and information is shared.

The BOD needs to change with raiders and and mcfee has to go...they should be seen and not heard.They need to keep their mouths closed and not tell everyone everything that is going on with the team.

Bruno has a world class strength and conditioning coach who comes in and monitors programs set up by himself.If kids don't follow programs nothing will be gained.
The person who mentioned an affiliation with Mintos doesn't know anything,all the top kids are already listed by other teams and the others have chosen usually for age reason to pursue Junior A options

Brunos kid is a good one,and will be a WHL high pic,.probably not for Raiders.PA boasts a strong group of players who will be highly scouted in next couple seasons.hopefully we can get a Duret or a Campese ,Gunnville or Warkentine this year or next.This would help with fan attendance

Maybe if we had a closer relationship with Mintos the better players would be listed with us.

World class condition coach. the players think he's a joke. he with the fat gut

Buddy, your support of this coaching staff is laughable, but I agree about Obriens drafting record

As for players not reporting, your right, it is worked out ahead of time for bantam draft, and fact is some of the top picks make it clear they won't report, which often makes it our second choice that we pick.

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
You make some sound points RB,

However, I think you hit the nail on the head when you stated it's Prince Albert...it doesn't rank on high on many players or parents radars.

Many of your points are valid, and some I think may be a stretch, as for the Trainer and the heavy weights, I know first hand (from talking with a player at a promotional event recently), they only ride bikes after the game, no mention of weight lifting (but we're splitting hairs). The education thing, this has been offered, but can you force players to attend post secondary and have the team waste money (which they are short on) for a student to waste a spot?

As for Bruno, many on here want to play young guys more, but they also want to see a playoff berth, and if you can't win games with young guys playing more minutes, you aren't going to advance into the post-season....I don't think any coach or GM can win 9fan support in this town).

Overall good comments and some decent points made, but at the end of the day, I still believe a new change of leadership is not the answer, I do think a better solution is for Bruno to take over sole GM duties and Young take over the bench. Derkatch will be a strong talent recruiter and will find quality players with a true desire for the game that do want to play here. Quite frankly, I believe many of the players that have drafted in years past may have some skill, but lack will and a true desire to put it all on the line and lack mental toughness.

the players don't lift weights after games, they are made to do it before games! ask the players.

playing young players doesn't necessarily equate to losing. look at Saskatoon, they played the hell out of Siemens and Thrower as 16 year olds, and they did their share of winning. How about MJ and Morgan Reilly? Actually there's tons of teams playing their 16 year olds in regular shifts and having success

westbeach55
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Jeff Compton - President

Jeff ComptonJeff Compton, Msc, CSCS, PFLC: Jeff has worked in fitness industry for more than 20 years developing unique and innovative approaches to athletic development. Starting out at the PEAK Centre in Ottawa, Jeff moved west to Victoria in 1994. Once in Victoria Jeff started EDGE Enhanced Performance Specialists, now Compton Sports Training Systems Inc. An exercise physiologist with an Msc and specialization in the effects of warm-up on acceleration in ice hockey performance, he is Co-author of best selling book Ball Bearings: the Complete Illustrated guide to Ball Exercises, Jeff has trained hundreds of athletes, including teams, coaches and associations at the amateur, provincial, national, Olympic and professional levels.

Jeff is the Director of Hockey Development for Hockey BC and works with several hockey associations. He has worked in various capacities with several NHL teams, players and coaches including the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Washington Capitals, Dallas Stars, New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks.

Utilizing Long Term Athlete Development and science as the keys to athlete development, Jeff has created numerous training programs and protocols including his specialty ‘skills with-speed-program’ (H.E.A.T.). H.E.A.T. has grown over the last decade to include camps across BC, as well as with the Dallas Stars. H.E.A.T. camps are now requested by groups in Sweden and beyond!

A sought after speaker, Compton has presented for BC Hockey in conjunction with the Vancouver Canucks, PacSport, the BC Association of Kinesiologists and the Canadian Chiropractic Association.
Training & Background
Professional

* 2004 Assistant Coach, Nanaimo Clippers Jr. A (Royal Bank Champions)

* President Compton Sports Training Systems Inc

* President 6th Dimension Devices

* 20__-present Hockey BC Director of Hockey Development

* 20__-present Victoria Racquet Club Director of Hockey Development

Publications & Presentations

* 20__)Co-Author Ball Bearings (Best seller)

Education

* Bsc University of Ottawa (19__)

* Msc University of Victoria (20__)

Maybe if we had a closer relationship with Mintos the better players would be listed with us.

World class condition coach. the players think he's a joke. he with the fat gut

Buddy, your support of this coaching staff is laughable, but I agree about Obriens drafting record

As for players not reporting, your right, it is worked out ahead of time for bantam draft, and fact is some of the top picks make it clear they won't report, which often makes it our second choice that we pick.

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Jeff Compton - President

Jeff ComptonJeff Compton, Msc, CSCS, PFLC: Jeff has worked in fitness industry for more than 20 years developing unique and innovative approaches to athletic development. Starting out at the PEAK Centre in Ottawa, Jeff moved west to Victoria in 1994. Once in Victoria Jeff started EDGE Enhanced Performance Specialists, now Compton Sports Training Systems Inc. An exercise physiologist with an Msc and specialization in the effects of warm-up on acceleration in ice hockey performance, he is Co-author of best selling book Ball Bearings: the Complete Illustrated guide to Ball Exercises, Jeff has trained hundreds of athletes, including teams, coaches and associations at the amateur, provincial, national, Olympic and professional levels.

Jeff is the Director of Hockey Development for Hockey BC and works with several hockey associations. He has worked in various capacities with several NHL teams, players and coaches including the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Washington Capitals, Dallas Stars, New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks.

Utilizing Long Term Athlete Development and science as the keys to athlete development, Jeff has created numerous training programs and protocols including his specialty ‘skills with-speed-program’ (H.E.A.T.). H.E.A.T. has grown over the last decade to include camps across BC, as well as with the Dallas Stars. H.E.A.T. camps are now requested by groups in Sweden and beyond!

A sought after speaker, Compton has presented for BC Hockey in conjunction with the Vancouver Canucks, PacSport, the BC Association of Kinesiologists and the Canadian Chiropractic Association.
Training & Background
Professional

* 2004 Assistant Coach, Nanaimo Clippers Jr. A (Royal Bank Champions)

* President Compton Sports Training Systems Inc

* President 6th Dimension Devices

* 20__-present Hockey BC Director of Hockey Development

* 20__-present Victoria Racquet Club Director of Hockey Development

Publications & Presentations

* 20__)Co-Author Ball Bearings (Best seller)

Education

* Bsc University of Ottawa (19__)

* Msc University of Victoria (20__)

Very impressive but doesn't mean squat if the players don't respect you and you're not performing on the ice. The proof is in the pudding buddy! Our winning percentage suggests we'll miss the playoffs again. So I don't give a crap about what credentials you have.

bigjimmer
01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Very impressive but doesn't mean squat if the players don't respect you and you're not performing on the ice. The proof is in the pudding buddy! Our winning percentage suggests we'll miss the playoffs again. So I don't give a crap about what credentials you have.

So blow up the program, all the new people that were brought in should go...regardless of credentials....that's the answer?

When do the Player's become accountable? When do Player's start sucking it up and realizing its not a right to play on a Western Hockey League team but an earned honour. Believer, you keep mentioning how the players don't like this, the player's don't like that, well, quite frankly, this fan doesn't care, perhaps its time we have Player's that want to be here, want to play here and want to remember there is worse things to being doing in life.

Bruce Bodreau can call out one of the best player's in the world and he doesn't pout and go home, Mike Babcock, Brent Sutter, Tom Renney, Alain Vigneault have all called out Player's at one time or another and you don't see them asking mommy or daddy to help them get traded, or refusing to put forth an effort because of it.

The country club premadonna attitude that some of these young men put forth is a disgust and as a long time fan I would rather watch a team compete each and every night and put their n^ts on the line, then pout and whine because a coach or GM called them out for playing like s#%t.
________
Xz 550 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_XZ_550)

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
So blow up the program, all the new people that were brought in should go...regardless of credentials....that's the answer?

When do the Player's become accountable? When do Player's start sucking it up and realizing its not a right to play on a Western Hockey League team but an earned honour. Believer, you keep mentioning how the players don't like this, the player's don't like that, well, quite frankly, this fan doesn't care, perhaps its time we have Player's that want to be here, want to play here and want to remember there is worse things to being doing in life.

Bruce Bodreau can call out one of the best player's in the world and he doesn't pout and go home, Mike Babcock, Brent Sutter, Tom Renney, Alain Vigneault have all called out Player's at one time or another and you don't see them asking mommy or daddy to help them get traded, or refusing to put forth an effort because of it.

The country club premadonna attitude that some of these young men put forth is a disgust and as a long time fan I would rather watch a team compete each and every night and put their n^ts on the line, then pout and whine because a coach or GM called them out for playing like s#%t.

Ya, ya, we know you're an old timer hockey hard-ass attitude guy Jimmer. And that attitude is creating all kinds of success for us. Do you honestly think the other teams don't have players with the same attitudes and issues? And don't give me the NHL examples. They get paid millions to put up with this crap and don't have other options. WHL players do have options. And if you and Westlake55 are examples of what PA is about, no wonder the team sucks and has sucked for so long.