PDA

View Full Version : Thelen plans to play in PA next season

ScottyWazz
05-22-2005, 12:44 PM
NHL Labour woes willing. (http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/sports/hockey/11707252.htm)

Sabes
05-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Finally some written confirmation that he is coming forsure.

HAF
05-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know if this has ever happened before? Coming from the NHL to the WHL?

ScottyWazz
05-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Well-- it's not so much that for Thelen. He played in Michigan State this year and was abolished off the team before the NCAA Tournament for some differences between him, his teammates, and the coach.

But, if the NHL gets back up and kicking-- the Wild might take a long hard look at him possibly playing up with the big boys next season. Of course, they can always take a little while to watch, see he needs another season of testing, then he'd be sent back down.

Knuckle Chucker
05-24-2005, 08:53 AM
This confirms what we have been told for the last little while. NHL or no NHL you will see him in PA next year. He is a talented kid who had a rough go of it last year. IMO the Wild will want to see what he can do in stable surroundings.

Knuckle Chucker
05-24-2005, 02:07 PM
dosent that sound funny .. pa. and stable surroundings in 1 sentence.

No kidding...lol. I hope the Wild don't pull the same stunt they did with Jesse Schultz. Can't see it. The Schultz situation happened during the dark days.

Knuckle Chucker
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
nick schultz ? that will pretty much screw any team we also lost hartnell and that import guy i believe. plus we had watson

Yes.....Nick. Not sure where I got Jesse from. NHL teams at the time thaught it was better to have a kid in the pros before he was ready rather then play in PA. Those days are behind us.

Knuckle Chucker
05-25-2005, 10:42 AM
hopefully cross your fingers on chipper . thats the way we lost hartnel

True but I think NHL teams will now see PA as a good place to develop players. With Anholt and Manson coaching they can't go wrong.

Furback
05-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Thelen will not make the Wild. We will not have to worry about that.