PDA

View Full Version : WHL trade deadline day...

patsdude114
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
wow its 11:25am here in sask & i must say i wasnt expecting it to be this quiet on deadline day. I know alot of trades usually trickle in closer to the deadling time & after while they get posted but so far this is crazy very disappointed at this point.

I really hope that the trade the stoon fans were talking about last nite really falls thru & doesnt happen... yes i hate stoon that much & would love to see them get screwed over.

Hope KM moves on & ships schenn out West lol

lordstanley
01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Thats fine if the deal doesn't go through we will just be good for a number more years to come and still be kicking the PATS ass:)

patsdude114
01-10-2011, 11:33 AM
do i really need to remind u that the pats were 1 of a few teams to have alot of success against the blades this year & its not like this year u guys have dominated us either

mjw22
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
after eakin deal i think everyone whos selling raised the price. dont see Lorne giving bran what they want . hope he stays itll look good on KM . everyones gonna be kicking the pats ass

patsdude114
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
thats fine if everyone kicks the Pats ass since we r rebuilding with a REAL GM not the poser like Parker

lostsheep
01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Sour grapes about not pulling the trigger on a deal that would have the Pats a contender for a couple of years?? Hockey is still a bussines and except for the 15-18yr olds should be treated as such. The younger players need some security to get thier feet wet in the league, and this provides security for the Parents as well.
________
LIST OF BMW ENGINES (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/List_of_BMW_engines)

AlanC
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
after eakin deal i think everyone whos selling raised the price. dont see Lorne giving bran what they want . hope he stays itll look good on KM . everyones gonna be kicking the pats ass

On the contrary, I think the prices will be going down a bit now. I mean, if you are Brandon, who is left to trade Schenn to now that Kootenay made their big move for Eakin instead? Kootenay isn't going to take him anymore, and doubtful that Portland or Tri-City is interested either since they already moved their first round picks.

If McCrimmon wants to deal Schenn, Saskatoon is about the only serious player left. The lack of competition to drive up the bidding brings prices down, not up.

Obviously Brandon will still get a good return for Schenn if they trade him but it probably won't be the same as what they might have gotten if there were still 2 or 3 teams competing for him.

What intrigues me about the deadline so far is that every single major deal has been for forwards. We have not seen any significant defencemen moved, and yet contenders always, always want more depth on their bluelines. Doesn't seem to be many teams with d-men to move - and you know there has to be high demand for quality d-men so if some of them do get moved today, you could see some real overpayments there.

Boondock Saint
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Anyone know if Chilliwack might be active? Currently out of the playoffs with Manning, Howse, Horak and Soudek potentially having decent value to a contender.

patsdude114
01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Sour grapes about not pulling the trigger on a deal that would have the Pats a contender for a couple of years?? Hockey is still a bussines and except for the 15-18yr olds should be treated as such. The younger players need some security to get thier feet wet in the league, and this provides security for the Parents as well.

HAHA nah im over the Parker retardness for not trading Eberle &/or Tuebert... Lang was dealt a tough hand to play with when taking this job in Regina & he has met & exceeded in every way possible in year 1, even if he makes no trades today to further his rebuilding stage.

Thankfully with Lang at the helm the Pats wont be push overs for long, the Pats have beaten & played some of the top teams tighly all season long. The 1 game that comes to mind was against Portland where we took a lead with under 5 mins left in the 3rd only to lose cuz of lack of experience & depth in OT. We have beated Saskatoon, Red Deer twice, have played solid games against other soild teams who should of rolled over us.

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Some teams were calling Brandon about Melnychuk today but I don't think he will be moved.

I got to think some teams are calling Calgary about McKenzie

chalk_one_up
01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I could see Red Deer or Medicine Hat making a ply for Glennie.

lostsheep
01-10-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree that the Pats have a good team even with the records of late. The no trade thing last year is over and now the process can proceed. You still have Weal, and he can be a very good player to build around, cant wait for our next games you guys seem to step it up against us regularly:)
________
Latina Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

mjw22
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
we were hoping our gm was looking at schenn & a dman weve got goaltending toughness decent balance up front . next year we lose heemskirk hood edwards . but KM may be asking too much for a rental . if not Bubnick would help . everyone yaps about stoon but we play them pretty well and they dont have that much playoff exp 1 rnd in 09 2nd in 10

Tiger Trauma
01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Article in Medicine Hat News this morning said they aren't going for any big name deals.

Said that they are looking for an offensive defenceman. Brandon Davidson from Regina was one name mentioned, but Their GM is unsure if they want to move him.

witness
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I think there will be a fair number of deals starting to be announced in the next hour or so...

If you look at the movers and shakers:
In the Eastern conference:
Saskatoon and Kootenay have gotten better. Kootenay is still a piece or two away.
RD is a fairly young team. Do they stay pat and make a real run next year?
MH has some assets to move. Still in need of an offensive defensemen. And could look seriously at a top six forward.
MJ is an older team and will have enough talent to be in the middle of the pack again next year. Do they stock up for this year, or wait and make a run at it next year?
All teams from SC down will be sellers.

In the Western Conference:
Is Portland going to make a move? They are just .500 over the past 10 games and Spokane and TC are playing really well.
I would look at all three teams looking to add a piece before the deadline.
And what about PG? They need 4 or 5 pieces, but they have the assets to move. Do they owe it to their fans to make a run this year?

mjw22
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I think there will be a fair number of deals starting to be announced in the next hour or so...

If you look at the movers and shakers:
In the Eastern conference:
Saskatoon and Kootenay have gotten better. Kootenay is still a piece or two away.
RD is a fairly young team. Do they stay pat and make a real run next year?
MH has some assets to move. Still in need of an offensive defensemen. And could look seriously at a top six forward.
MJ is an older team and will have enough talent to be in the middle of the pack again next year. Do they stock up for this year, or wait and make a run at it next year?
All teams from SC down will be sellers.

In the Western Conference:
Is Portland going to make a move? They are just .500 over the past 10 games and Spokane and TC are playing really well.
I would look at all three teams looking to add a piece before the deadline.
And what about PG? They need 4 or 5 pieces, but they have the assets to move. Do they owe it to their fans to make a run this year?

dont know how you think our teams old better look again:confused:

witness
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Trade of Europeans between PA and MJ.
Looks like MJ is going to take a run.

Hitmen1
01-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Looks like Matt McKenzie is off to the Americans. More details to come.

patsdude114
01-10-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.whl.ca/article/2011-whl-trade-deadline-recap

out of all the deals made today & yesturday i think i like the MH & EVT deal the most... a very nice addition to the Tigers