PDA

View Full Version : Schenn TRADE CONFIRMED

Backhand
01-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Saskatoon, SK – Head Coach and General Manager, Lorne Molleken announced today that The Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club have made a trade with the Brandon Wheat Kings to acquire centre, Brayden Schenn and a 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick. In exchange the Blades have given up four draft picks: 1st Round in 2011, 2nd Round in 2011, 1st Round in 2012 and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft. The Blades also included in the trade two prospects: Ayrton Nikkel (Pursuit of Excellence M-AAA) and Tim McGauley (Regina M-AAA)

Hockey Spy
01-10-2011, 02:18 PM
really!!!

wow, I had no idea!

mjw22
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Saskatoon, SK – Head Coach and General Manager, Lorne Molleken announced today that The Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club have made a trade with the Brandon Wheat Kings to acquire centre, Brayden Schenn and a 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick. In exchange the Blades have given up four draft picks: 1st Round in 2011, 2nd Round in 2011, 1st Round in 2012 and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft. The Blades also included in the trade two prospects: Ayrton Nikkel (Pursuit of Excellence M-AAA) and Tim McGauley (Regina M-AAA)

wow lorne sold the farm he better win mem cup Km laughing all the way to draft table basically 3 1sts 2 2nds & 1st import wow

fro14
01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
how did he basically sell the farm? look at the 1rsts there basically a top 2nd round choice as they will be like 22nd overalls? i dont understand what your talking about the blades have i think one of the youngest rosters if not the youngest in the league. the import draft is dumb anyways. you can only have 2 euros on your team at a time.. so he didnt really.. shows that we actually care about winning here.

Kerry Clark
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
It's a big price but it doesn't really bite the Blades next couple of years.

Plus there is no reason the Blades can't do what Brandon did and deal off 19 year old for picks in the next couple years if they need to.

I think fans of both teams can be happy with this. Hopefully, the Blades can win a championship this year. Banners hang forever.

BigCat20
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Its alot! So it like 1st rounders in '10, '11, '12 and 2nd's in '10 & '11 are gone. The import pick prob doesnt matter cuz stransky's here for a few years & will find another this coming import draft. I like this deal if Nikkel wasnt included. Brandon basically got everything back that they traded away for Hamonic plus our last year's 2 picks!

Rebelsfan13
01-10-2011, 02:41 PM
If Saskatoon can turn this trade into a Memorial Cup then (with their current cup history) then good for them. Otherwise this is a great deal for Brandon. I have never seen such a heavy price tag at the deadline for one year players than I have this year. Wow.

Rye
01-10-2011, 02:42 PM
If Saskatoon can turn this trade into a Memorial Cup then (with their current cup history) then good for them. Otherwise this is a great deal for Brandon. I have never seen such a heavy price tag at the deadline for one year players than I have this year. Wow.

Half year.

mat01800
01-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Blades have another 2nd rounder through that Inglis trade at the start off the year. Basically just losing their 1st rounder here I like it one off the youngest teams all ready. Schenn gives them the game breaker they need.

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM
how did he basically sell the farm? look at the 1rsts there basically a top 2nd round choice as they will be like 22nd overalls? If you are only looking at the draft picks they give up yes, but they also gave up their top two picks, and arguably their two hottest 15 year old prospects that could very well end up as impact players themselves.

BigCat20
01-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Hopefully Lorne uses some of the picks he got for the inglis, acolatse, toomey, & mcnaught trades to add a dman and maybe another midlevel forward!

mat01800
01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
If you are only looking at the draft picks they give up yes, but they also gave up their top two picks, and arguably their two hottest 15 year old prospects that could very well end up as impact players themselves.

I duno they have Prince Georges 2nd and now Brandons 3rd and there own 3rd. I think they will be able to find some players with those picks. Having a strong protected list of players is also a good thing. There average age was 17. something im sure I seen on here listed at one point. So there a young team. The turnover to the next year and years after shouldnt set them back that much. People on this site would be complaining if nothing was done. To me it seems like a fair price Schenn could be considered the top player in the CHL right now The world junior tourny only helped his value

Backhand
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
What about the present? Line combinations? The coaching staff have a very luxurious line up. :clap::clap::clap:

mat01800
01-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Hamilton-Schenn-Trask
Collins-Vidensky-Nicholls
Dziurzynski-Benson-Stransky
4th line could be a combo off guys

fro14
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
GO AFTER BUBNICK!!!

ElliotFan6
01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
GO AFTER BUBNICK!!!

HECK YA!!!!

ElliotFan6
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Hamilton-Schenn-Trask
Collins-Vidensky-Nicholls
Dziurzynski-Benson-Stransky
4th line could be a combo off guys

Sutter-Olsen-Bews to top it off wooooo.

hotdog-pocket
01-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Hamilton-Schenn-XX
Collins-Viedensky-Nicholls
Z-Benson-Trask
Elliott/Sutter-Olsen-Bews

That XX could be another winger, I wouldn't be shocked if Lorne added another winger.

Backhand
01-10-2011, 03:45 PM
It'll be interesting to see how many more fans come out. What a buzzzz!

Nook
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
This organization has been waiting to be in the buyers position like this for a long time. It's great that they finally stepped forward and made the deal.

While it is a lot of pay for Schenn, it's not the end of the world. They are still one of the youngest teams in the league and still have a pretty good prospect base to deal with.

I gotta say, though... I don't think I've heard this much talk about the Blades in Saskatoon for a real long time. I've heard "casual" fans talking about the trade and how it will get them out to a few games, and now is the time for them to do it.

So often I've heard, "Well they have no superstar players I want to watch." Solved.

"Oh well, I'll go when they start winning." Solved.

"Saskplace/CUC is too far away." Suck it up, because that's something that can't be changed.

This team was a contender without Schenn, and now they have that player that just might pop them into memorial cup contender. Get out and cheer on the Blades, Saskatoon. Now is the time.

Since1980
Wow! That is so so so much to give up for one guy. For that price, I thought Glennie might be possible as well. But we need to make a run and I don't think we will have a better team or a better guy than Schenn to do it.
GO Blades! The time is now.

mat01800
Hamilton-Schenn-XX
Collins-Viedensky-Nicholls
Z-Benson-Trask
Elliott/Sutter-Olsen-Bews

That XX could be another winger, I wouldn't be shocked if Lorne added another winger.

I hope its Bubnick and that Mackenzie kid on d. Bubnick and Schenn have instant chemistry they played together in minor hockey grew up together on the same street would be kinda cool to see. Bubnick makes sense to with the fact he won it last year and his mem cup play would only be a bonus to a team that usually dissapoints the fans come years end

hotdog-pocket
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Trade was just mentioned on Sportscenter. Woop woop!

hotdog-pocket
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I hope its Bubnick and that Mackenzie kid on d. Bubnick and Schenn have instant chemistry they played together in minor hockey grew up together on the same street would be kinda cool to see. Bubnick makes sense to with the fact he won it last year and his mem cup play would only be a bonus to a team that usually dissapoints the fans come years end

Sounds like Mackenzie has been traded to Tri City

mat01800
01-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Sounds like Mackenzie has been traded to Tri City

Yea I seen that too. Report out of Calgary seems to think that anyways.

smackitsakic
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Good for Lorne to pull the trigger on this deal, and good for the entire city of Saskatoon to welcome a hometown hero.

To make a trade of this magnitude without giving up a single roster player, you have to include the players that Lorne included.

Looking at revenue alone this deal could be an incredible boost to the teams budget, especially with a potential deep drive into the playoffs.

You have 2/3 of Team Canada's top line at the World Juniors. You're suddenly comparable, if not beyond, the Neiderreiter/Johansen tandem in Portland.

Will be an exciting March/April/May at the Credit Union Centre. Enjoy it!!

Shootmaster_44
01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
So what is the ETA on Schenn's first home game? Will he be good to go Saturday against Swift Current or do we have to wait until the 22nd against Calgary?

Kerry Clark
01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't think they'll rush that shoulder of his. Probably play in a couple of weeks.

ElliotFan6
01-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Luckily the Blades have a week off after this stretch of four games in five days and I bet he plays the 22nd against Calgary here in Saskatoon!!

Shootmaster_44
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Nice. I will definitely be at CUC this weekend and next weekend.

hotdog-pocket
01-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Whats the roster limit 22? or 23?

I thought it was 23.

It also sounds like Braeden Johnson has been released from the Blades and will play in the SJHL. With the acquisition of Schenn and Sohn, that meant ONE player had to go (if the roster limit was 23).

ElliotFan6
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Wow, I would have preferred for them to release Elliott over Johnson, but no big loss either way of course. I always though that Elliott was a young guy (17), kind of shocked to when I found out he is actually 19.

hotdog-pocket
01-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Wow, I would have preferred for them to release Elliott over Johnson, but no big loss either way of course. I always though that Elliott was a young guy (17), kind of shocked to when I found out he is actually 19.

Stefan Elliott is 19.

Alex Elliott IS 17.... In fact, he just barely turned 17.

ElliotFan6
01-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Stefan Elliott is 19.

Alex Elliott IS 17.... In fact, he just barely turned 17.

I know Stefan is 19 but I was on Alex Elliott's hockey db page and it says 1991 birth, I always figured he was 17 and when I saw 19 I was like ***? haha http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130644

ElliotFan6
01-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah just checked and hockeydb is wrong, they are almost always right.... good to know though!!!

hotdog-pocket
01-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Yeah just checked and hockeydb is wrong, they are almost always right.... good to know though!!!

They also say he is right handed, which he isn't.

lordstanley
01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Hmm Braeden Johnson isn't on our roster anymore not sure why we would cut him

lordstanley
01-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Nevermind i just saw yeah because of numbers had to get down too 23 oops

Hockey Spy
01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
lordstanley;

Is your msn chat not working?

Redwic
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Wow! That is so so so much to give up for one guy. For that price, I thought Glennie might be possible as well. But we need to make a run and I don't think we will have a better team or a better guy than Schenn to do it.
GO Blades! The time is now.

I think you are correct. The time must be now, because with all the top Saskatoon picks for 2010, 2011, 2012 now gone the top-end talent pool will be a little more on the shallow end for a few seasons. Brandon will ultimately be the winner of this trade, in my opinion.

But with Saskatoon's history of never winning the WHL Championship or Memorial Cup, and this season looking poised in the standings to make a run at both, I can understand the "time is now" philosophy. I wish their team the best.

chalk_one_up
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Hmm Braeden Johnson isn't on our roster anymore not sure why we would cut him

According to Small Thoughts At Large:
http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/

Braeden has been reassigned to Junior A.

hotdog-pocket
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
According to Small Thoughts At Large:
http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/

Braeden has been reassigned to Junior A.

That info was also posted on this forum last night, by me..

He was sent to Kindersley, but his rights were traded at the SJ trade deadline to the North Stars.