Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 05:46 PM
To Seattle for Charles Wells and a Euro pick in 2012
Button finally gone.

I'm overwhelmed

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2011, 05:54 PM
the import pick says 2011 on the whl site
like really that was the best deal for button ? i dont know much about wells. but tradeing button for another 19 year old doesnt really seem like that great a move

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2011, 06:06 PM
westlake55/jimmer love it, they're dancing in the halls of Art Hauser

its westbeach55

westbeach55
01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
actually i dont like this move

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM
actually i dont like this move

LOL

hotdog-pocket
01-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Why don't Raider fans like this deal?

I have hated what I have seen out of Button this year for you guys. He just has zero heart. I've only seen Wells once, but he looks like a nice offensive player. Small, but quick and dangerous.

Plus, there is a good chance Wells returns as a 20 year old in this league. Add to that a pretty solid import pick and that's a pretty fair return in my mind. Especially if Button goes pro and plays in the AHL next season (which I would expect to see happen).

chalk_one_up
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Why don't Raider fans like this deal?

I have hated what I have seen out of Button this year for you guys. He just has zero heart. I've only seen Wells once, but he looks like a nice offensive player. Small, but quick and dangerous.

Plus, there is a good chance Wells returns as a 20 year old in this league. Add to that a pretty solid import pick and that's a pretty fair return in my mind. Especially if Button goes pro and plays in the AHL next season (which I would expect to see happen).

Questioning Button's heart is an unfair judgment. Not having Dave Manson behind the bench really hurt Button's overall game. As Ryan got older, his game went a bit south in that I think he tried to do too much. I think Button is a tremendous skater. For a guy who skates as well as he, he certainly didn't utilize his shot, nor did he make decent shot selections on the power play. To be honest, for an offensive defensemen, he should have more points and should be an imposing player offensively and rushing the puck every chance didn't have defense's guessing, they knew what to expect.

Button is pretty one-dimensional, but needs to work on other aspects of his game in order to be successful, but to question his heart on the ice and off the ice isn't fair. The guy was tremendous in the community and a player that was always ready to play. Each and every game Button is so ramped up to play it's not even funny. The guy waits in the tunnel before play resumes looking at the clock anxiously. Unfortunately, as mentioned, his game went a bit south and neither his defense nor his offense was effective at times this season. Hopefully he gets a good opportunity to shine in Seattle, cause he deserves it.

Raider Believer
01-11-2011, 03:44 PM
All of this is very true. Button never will be a guy who can take guys off the puck defensively but does keep between the player and goalie well. He needs to find some kind of physical play to ever play the next level I think. But his skating and even stick handling is great. In warm ups he has a great shot but come game time he doesnt have the confidence to use it. I really believe that players are to worried to make a mistake to play with the confidence you need to succeed. Austin Connor is a good example. He thinks twice before doing anything because if he takes a penalty quite often he does not see the ice again that game.

Oh rf15, this is a terrible reflection on the greatness that is Coach Campese. In a moment westbeach55/bigjimmer will be all over you.

bigjimmer
01-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh RB,

Its comical now....
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)