PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Acquire Charles Wells from Seattle for Ryan Button

bigjimmer
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Raiders Acquire Charles Wells from Seattle for Ryan Button

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan- The Prince Albert Raiders have acquired 19 year old centre Charles Wells from the Seattle Thunderbirds, along with the T-Bird?s 1st round selection in the 2011 CHL European Draft and a conditional selection in the 2012 Western Hockey League bantam draft in exchange for 19 year-old defenceman Ryan Button.

Both players involved have played their entire WHL careers with the teams they are departing. Wells was the Thunderbirds 5th round selection, 88th overall in the 2006 WHL Bantam draft, while the Raiders selected Button in the 2nd round, 25th overall the same year. Button was selected by the Boston Bruins in the 3rd round, 86th overall in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Wells has appeared in 212 career games with Seattle with 40 goals, 64 assists and 99 minutes in penalties. In the Thunderbirds lone visit to Prince Albert this season, Wells had a goal and an assist in Seattle?s 5-2 win at the Art Hauser Centre November 10th.

Button has played 240 career games in a green and gold uniform with 14 goals, 87 assists and 150 career penalty minutes. Button was selected the Teams Most Improved player in 2007-08, received the Humanitarian and Best Conditioned Raider in 2008-09 and Best Conditioned Raider in 2009-10.

?It was an extremely hard decision to move Ryan Button today?, said Raiders General Manager and Head Coach Bruno Campese. ?He?s been a consummate Prince Albert Raider on and off the ice and especially within our community. We wish him the best of luck in Seattle and in his hockey career.?

To Raiders:
Charles Wells

Hometown: Edmonton, AB DOB: Jan. 4/91 Position: Centre
Shoots: Right Height: 5?10? Weight: 177 lbs.
Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
07-08 Thunderbirds 45 3 4 7 25
08-09 Thunderbirds 56 5 10 15 29
09-10 Thunderbirds 70 21 34 55 23
10-11 Thunderbirds 41 11 16 27 22
WHL Totals 212 40 64 104 99
-Seattle?s 1st round selection in 2011 CHL European Draft June 29
-Conditional selection in 2012 WHL Bantam Draft

To Thunderbirds:
Ryan Button

Hometown: Edmonton, AB DOB: Mar. 26/91 Position: Defence
Shoots: Left Height: 6?1? Weight: 190 lbs.
Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
07-08 Raiders 58 0 8 8 30
08-09 Raiders* 71 5 32 37 43
09-10 Raiders 67 6 27 33 46
10-11 Raiders 44 3 20 23 41
WHL Totals 240 14 87 101 150
________
Www.Cyclechaos.Com (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/List_of_Kawasaki_motorcycles)

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=bigjimmer;160864]Raiders Acquire Charles Wells from Seattle for Ryan Button

Oh wow. Is there anyone who thinks this was enough for Button? A journeyman 19 year old who hasn't put up numbers that would lead us to think he'll be one of the 20 year olds next year. So we give up a drafted NHL d-man for a guy who in his career only has 104 points in 4 season! And good size too eh?
5' 10" and 177 lbs! PIM 99minutes for whole career. No doubt he'll eat up playing time from Winther, Danyluk and Fiddler. Dont get it???
But no doubt Jimmer and Westlake55 will have reasonable and passionate explanations

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Little bit shocked that is all PA got for Button. I guess it depends on what the conditional pick is

TinCupJoe
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
My guess is Bruno needs an extra euro pick for next year?! Revenko is overage now, and Svendsen will be an overager next season. Svendsen is about the same size, good digger and makes things happen in the boards. Only a guess that they likely will not fill up a euro spot and overage with a single player next year.

bigjimmer
01-10-2011, 03:17 PM
RB,

Campese could have landed Schenn,Eakin and you still wouldn't be happy...we know the sky is falling RB, time to head for cover.
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
RB,

Campese could have landed Schenn,Eakin and you still wouldn't be happy...we know the sky is falling RB, time to head for cover.

Jimmer, you sad little man. I now realize that you don't realize I don't need to head for cover. You don't realize this because your head is so deeply dug in the sand. For the longest time I couldn't figure out how there could be two people with the same degree of stupidity as you and westlake55, but then I checked and discovered the two of you joined this forum about the same time ..... two voices and identities... hmmm... like kissing cousins eh?

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I dont like the Button deal. but the Svendsen deal was good. Hlinka(17) 3rd and 6th

rf15, ok if the Euro develops, then we look ok, but right now it looks like Wells takes Svendson's spot in the lineup, which isn't a great trade for us.

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Did i just say i didnt like the Button trade? oh ya i did. and I said I liked the Svennie deal... why ? because there were 2 picks and a young player comming back. Thats what they should have been doing with Parker and another 20 as well. Were you expecting to get RNH for Svennie?

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Svennie? Hmmm.... let me think about it for a while:) I guess I'd make the deal, after all I'm pretty good buddies with his Dad Roger, and Ryan has always been a favorite of mine.

bigjimmer
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Jimmer, you sad little man. I now realize that you don't realize I don't need to head for cover. You don't realize this because your head is so deeply dug in the sand. For the longest time I couldn't figure out how there could be two people with the same degree of stupidity as you and westlake55, but then I checked and discovered the two of you joined this forum about the same time ..... two voices and identities... hmmm... like kissing cousins eh?

Oh RB,

It's guys like you that make these boards a blast. Thanks for that!
________
No2 Vaporizers (http://no2vaporizers.com)

Raider Believer
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Oh RB,

It's guys like you that make these boards a blast. Thanks for that!

Thank you bigjimmer. Unfortunately I am unable to return the compliment. I can say however, that it is attitudes like your's that nurture the losing culture around the Raider team. Your opinions are generally very supportive of the Raider management, and since sports management regimes are measured by their wins and losses, and this regime loses more than wins, you therefore must be a ..... Gotta keep it real bigjimmer.

bigjimmer
01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Thank you bigjimmer. Unfortunately I am unable to return the compliment. I can say however, that it is attitudes like your's that nurture the losing culture around the Raider team. Your opinions are generally very supportive of the Raider management, and since sports management regimes are measured by their wins and losses, and this regime loses more than wins, you therefore must be a ..... Gotta keep it real bigjimmer.

Just keep firing guys....bringing in new blood is the answer...here's to hoping your elected to the bod!
________
Infants Wellbutrin (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)