PDA

View Full Version : SAS/VAN Trade

chalk_one_up
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Blades acquire Tanner Sohn from Vancouver for a 10th rounder in 2013

BladesFan_2010
01-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Sure, this gives us more depth on defence, but that leaves us with 8 D-Men now. Who sits? I would think it'd be Stipancik and Dietz?

lordstanley
01-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Only chance sohn plays is if deitz gets hurt sohn aint that great hense the 10th round pick

Trav
01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't get this deal...unless there's one more deal that hasn't been announced.
Don't get why Dietz would sit. He's done well this year.

hotdog-pocket
01-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Dietz won't sit.

Stipancik is a huge question mark and I doubt the team wants to count on him in case of injury.

Speaking of injury, Thrower has a concussion and I don't think the team wants to have to give Stipancik more than a few minutes a night to start out.

This is simply a "just in case" move. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the team wants to go deep into playoffs, they need serviceable bodies at ALL POSITIONS. Duh.

JMoney1988
01-10-2011, 07:25 PM
You know what I noticed, Tanner Sohn has been part of the Blades organization before has he? I thought we traded him somewhere, maybe it's just me.

ElliotFan6
01-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah he only played four games for us but I do remember seeing him play, can't remember much about him though, good enough if anyone gets injured, sucks about Thrower though... :(

Shootmaster_44
01-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Very strange deal since he'll play this weekend for the Blades and then be returned here to the Bobcats. I realize it gives the Blades depth, but I just don't see the point of trading a draft pick for a player who will play in Lloydminster.

The only thing I wonder is do the Blades have a potential injury on D, that they want a player who is WHL caliber that is nearby?

lostsheep
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Playing here in Lloydminster isnt the worst thing, its close to toon town and there is the chance of call ups at any moment when it gets closer to the playoffs. Plus i get to watch both teams play :)
________
Amateur Videos Xxx (http://www.****tube.com/)

hotdog-pocket
01-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Interesting that you say he will be playing in Lloyd...according to who? Lorne?

Because I know for a fact that after this trade, Braeden Johnson has been released by the team and is going to play in the SJHL.

I think Johhnson was released because they had acquired Sohn and taken up another roster spot....

Shootmaster_44
01-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Interesting that you say he will be playing in Lloyd...according to who? Lorne?

Because I know for a fact that after this trade, Braeden Johnson has been released by the team and is going to play in the SJHL.

I think Johhnson was released because they had acquired Sohn and taken up another roster spot....

It was mentioned in the press release for the trade on the Blades' website. It said he'd play this weekend in Saskatoon and then be returned to the Bobcats.

Hockey Spy
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
He isn't on Lloydminster, he will be playing with North Battleford.

Shootmaster_44
01-11-2011, 09:14 PM
He isn't on Lloydminster, he will be playing with North Battleford.

You sure about that? He is listed on the Bobcats' website as a member of their reserve roster.

http://www.lloydminsterbobcats.com/leagues/team_statistics.cfm?sel_roster=reserve&leagueID=11851&clientID=3927&sortby=PTS1&teamID=267834&showGameType=2

Blades Make a Final Trade

The Blades have acquired 2006 original draft pick, Tanner Sohn, from the Vancouver Giants. They in return gave the Giants their 2013 10th Round Draft Pick.

Defenseman, Sohn has played in 31 games with the Giants this season and has acquired 6 assists, a -6 rating and 20 PIM.

Lorne Molleken, Head Coach and GM commented, “We are pleased to add depth to our defensive core. Tanner is a player that we already know, who is a hard-worker and comes from a good family. I am happy to welcome him back to the Blades.”

Tanner Sohn played four games with the Blades between the 07/08 and the 08/09 season. After which Sohn went to the Lloydminster Bobcats to finish up the 08/09 season and was then acquired by Medicine Hat Tigers in 09/10 before being traded to the Vancouver Giants in the 10/11 season. Sohn will play this weekend with the Blades and will then return to playing with the Lloydminster Bobcats in the AJHL.

That's the press release from the Blades website. So it appears that the only way Sohn will play for the North Stars is if the Bobcats trade him there. Which I believe is impossible since the AJHL trade deadline was yesterday.

Trav
01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Johnson was re-assigned to Kindersley but then they traded him to North Battleford according to Les on the pre-game show.

From what I've noticed in the past, Molleken likes to go with 13 forwards as opposed to 14 or 15. My guess is, he'd rather see the extra guys playing regularly somewhere else which makes sense. If they run in to injuries up front, they can always call someone up.

lordstanley
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
How about brandon pulling a russia on us tonight lol

lordstanley
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Almost pulled a russia we better pick it up can't play like that against so so teams and expect to win the league

Dwight Schrute
01-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Johnson was re-assigned to Kindersley but then they traded him to North Battleford according to Les on the pre-game show.

From what I've noticed in the past, Molleken likes to go with 13 forwards as opposed to 14 or 15. My guess is, he'd rather see the extra guys playing regularly somewhere else which makes sense. If they run in to injuries up front, they can always call someone up.

is he going to return next year and then be re-assigned at the trade deadline for a 3rd time ?

hotdog-pocket
01-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Don't know what hockey spy is talking about.

Braeden Johnson will be playing SJHL with the Battlefords North Stars.

Tanner Sohn will be playing in Lloydminster. I know the presser said he will play with the Blades this weekend, but it sounds like that isn't going to be the case after all.